Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Poker

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    I got 18th last night in the 50k guaranteed event on Borgata online. It's really the only event worth playing on that site. $200 buy in every Sunday. Usually 250-280 players. I cashed the last 3 times I've played it, but they just won't let me get to the final table. 10k for 1st, I can taste it. I can't get hot late in this event, ever.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I got 18th last night in the 50k guaranteed event on Borgata online. It's really the only event worth playing on that site. $200 buy in every Sunday. Usually 250-280 players. I cashed the last 3 times I've played it, but they just won't let me get to the final table. 10k for 1st, I can taste it. I can't get hot late in this event, ever.
    Nice, dude. Hope you get it eventually.

How's the competition online in NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Nice, dude. Hope you get it eventually.

How's the competition online in NJ?
    There's a lot of bad players because they have soooo many people winning cheap satellites to get in.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division twentyseven's Avatar
    Damn, that is really nice. The Borgata tournaments are very nice, I played a few in February and they had a 120 dollar buy in 15k or 20k guaranteed. Are they freezeouts or rebuys? Im guessing rebuys since the buyin is so low?
    Hidden Content

"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there"

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
    Damn, that is really nice. The Borgata tournaments are very nice, I played a few in February and they had a 120 dollar buy in 15k or 20k guaranteed. Are they freezeouts or rebuys? Im guessing rebuys since the buyin is so low?
    This was online. $200 buy in, no re-buys or re-entries.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division twentyseven's Avatar
    damn NYS doesn't allow online poker
    Hidden Content

"A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there"

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
    damn NYS doesn't allow online poker
    You can set up an account if you live in NY. You just have to be in NJ to play. I have a few friends that will occasionally rent a hotel room on a Sunday, and play all day. Either that, or they come to my house. They have $50, 5k guarantee and a $100, 10k guarantee every night. Those are the only ones worth playing on a daily basis. I'll play them once in a while.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    I agree with Dave.
    1. Don't ever straddle.
    I only agree with this in this situation. For example, if you're playing in a game that is exploitable but tight, getting a straddle going if everyone will do it is a good way to increase the action. Tighter players often make more mistakes when the pots get bigger. They're often easier to bully and reading them becomes even easier. The straddle should be another tool you can use where appropriate, but you should definitely know why you're going to do it.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Nice Mike. You know, just keep banging away at it and eventually you'll win the right flips and go even deeper.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    I only agree with this in this situation. For example, if you're playing in a game that is exploitable but tight, getting a straddle going if everyone will do it is a good way to increase the action. Tighter players often make more mistakes when the pots get bigger. They're often easier to bully and reading them becomes even easier. The straddle should be another tool you can use where appropriate, but you should definitely know why you're going to do it.
    If I'm at a cash game where 6 or more players are tight, it'll most likely be the last time I play in it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Nice Mike. You know, just keep banging away at it and eventually you'll win the right flips and go even deeper.
    I also don't have every Sunday available where I can dedicate 6-8 hours of playing a tournament. That adds to the frustration.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Just got into these sunday online tournaments too. Played a shitty $500 guarantee tournament on WSOP on Sunday. Was number 2 in chips for a while but finished 21 out of about 150. Should have laid back when I was up in chips but got over aggressive because is wanted to build my lead and took some rough beats.

Deleted Midget Division
    I'm a stupid good Head-to-Head Poker player. It's not uncommon for me to win 10+ games in a row in that environment. The issue with me is, I go full-tilt - and not in a marketing sense. There's this tipping point where I just melt it all to the ground. I could be $5000 up - and I'll go into the hole.

This is why I stay away from poker.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    No cash games for this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    No cash games for this guy
    Tournaments?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Tournaments?
    Yes,
    WSOP a few times, and of course local tourneys.
    Just don't do well in cash games (typically above my pay grade).

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Yes,
    WSOP a few times, and of course local tourneys.
    Just don't do well in cash games (typically above my pay grade).
    Did you any play WSOP this year?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Did you any play WSOP this year?
    It's been 5-6 years since I did that
    Will send ya a few pics

Went to AC this weekend. I got 8th in a ham and egg tourny. 180 buy in, 70 players. First was 3500 though. The level of bad was at an all time high. I really can't believe what I see. It's unfuckinbelievable. I could tell 40 stories that happened during this short event. Lets start with this, the tourny just starts so there's 7 or 8 players at the table. A guy comes to the table, gives the dealer his ticket, then asks him if the table was 9 or 10 handed. The guys ticket was table 3, seat 10.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Junior Division
    A few people in my office have a game going every other week that I've cashed in every time I've joined, with the exception of this week. I literally only had 1 pair the entire night. and it was a low one with a flop that destroyed it.

Worst part was that I kept getting hands like Ace King or Ace Queen so I take some stabs at raising and wind up not catching anything.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast