Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Draft [G] Mackenzie Skapski With 6th Round (170th) Pick

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    29 saves in a 1-0 loss.

Playoffs started tonight and Skapski's team is taking on Tambellini's in the opening round. Skapski with 27 saves in the 5-2 victory in game 1. Tambellini with an assist.

Skapski shelled in 5-0 loss. Tambellini with a goal and 2 assists. Series tied up at 1 a piece.

Slaughtered in 7-6 OT loss. Calgary is the top team in the conference though, so it's a very tough matchup.

Skapski didn't get the start last night. The backup gave up 5 goals on 31 shots, but managed to get the win 6-5. They're up 3 games to 2 and it's unclear whether Skapski will play game 6.

39 saves in a 3-1 win last night to take a 2-1 series lead.

Skapski yanked after giving up 4 goals on 18 shots. However, Kootenay scored 6 unanswered, including 5 in the final 8 minutes, to win the game 7-4 and go up 3 games to 1.

28 saves in a 2-1 loss. There will be a game 7.

Gave up 3 goals on 27 shots in 4-1 game 7 loss. Season over.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...ers_prospects/

Sixth-round pick goalie Mackenzie Skapski is poised to join the organization after four junior seasons with Kootenay (Western Hockey League).

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Here's a one on on interview with MacKenzie and Cerny where he rips the Rangers for drafting other goalies.

(just kidding)

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/6...3#.U7Vss41dWWI

Careful, Dave. He's ginger.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Came in for Desjardins who got injured tonight. Lost in the shootout, but still made 24 saves on 24 shots. Right now he's 6-5-2, .920 SV% and 2.35 GAA. He's been a real bright spot for the Pack despite the defense being absolute shit. I think there could actually be some potential there. I didn't follow him much at all while he was with Kootenay, but he's absolutely worth watching. I'm really hoping he can keep his play up.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Came in for Desjardins who got injured tonight. Lost in the shootout, but still made 24 saves on 24 shots. Right now he's 6-5-2, .920 SV% and 2.35 GAA. He's been a real bright spot for the Pack despite the defense being absolute shit. I think there could actually be some potential there. I didn't follow him much at all while he was with Kootenay, but he's absolutely worth watching. I'm really hoping he can keep his play up.
    Hmmm. I mean, especially with goalies, it's really tough to tell how good they will be/when it will happen. For every guy like Henrik that breaks in to the league and has immediate success, you have a guy like Tim Thomas that doesn't put it all together until their late 20's, or even their 30's. That said, all I've heard about Skapski is that he projects to be a very steady NHL backup, like a slightly better Talbot. I wonder if there's more to his potential than that though, based on what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    Hmmm. I mean, especially with goalies, it's really tough to tell how good they will be/when it will happen. For every guy like Henrik that breaks in to the league and has immediate success, you have a guy like Tim Thomas that doesn't put it all together until their late 20's, or even their 30's. That said, all I've heard about Skapski is that he projects to be a very steady NHL backup, like a slightly better Talbot. I wonder if there's more to his potential than that though, based on what you're saying.
    I mean his level of play as a 20 year old has been really good. Much better than would likely be expected from someone his age. He's not the best 20 year old in the AHL, but given the Pack's play of late he's really demonstrated that he can succeed under poor circumstances. That Hartford defense took a hit when Aaron Johnson and Danny Syvret left. The goaltenders have really been the big pieces in keeping the puck out of the net. Skapski from his appearances so far looks like he has NHL potential. I don't know if he can be something beyond a back up, but he's really proven me wrong. I was not a fan of his prior to him arriving in Hartford. I badly wanted Juuse Saros and am still a little bitter that we didn't get him. Skapski has been nothing short of really good though.

I'm interested in following his development especially with Talbot's future on the team in doubt following the 15-16 season. If Skapski continues his progression we might have a new back up or something better in the system. I'm hoping this isn't a fluke season for him because in any appearance in which I've seen him he's been tremendous.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    I mean his level of play as a 20 year old has been really good. Much better than would likely be expected from someone his age. He's not the best 20 year old in the AHL, but given the Pack's play of late he's really demonstrated that he can succeed under poor circumstances. That Hartford defense took a hit when Aaron Johnson and Danny Syvret left. The goaltenders have really been the big pieces in keeping the puck out of the net. Skapski from his appearances so far looks like he has NHL potential. I don't know if he can be something beyond a back up, but he's really proven me wrong. I was not a fan of his prior to him arriving in Hartford. I badly wanted Juuse Saros and am still a little bitter that we didn't get him. Skapski has been nothing short of really good though.

I'm interested in following his development especially with Talbot's future on the team in doubt following the 15-16 season. If Skapski continues his progression we might have a new back up or something better in the system. I'm hoping this isn't a fluke season for him because in any appearance in which I've seen him he's been tremendous.
    Yeah, and the age thing is what makes it so impressive. He's a rookie in the AHL, one year removed from his draft. Based on what I've been hearing about Hartford's D this season, it also doesn't sound like he's getting a ton of help. His numbers are good on their own, even if the wins aren't quite there, but to do that in spite of the play in front of him at 20 years old and as a rookie is a certainly eyebrow-raising. Maybe we found another late round gem.

26-27 tonight. Keeps playing well.

Banned Mite Division inkreiderwetrust's Avatar
    If he was in another teams farm system, he would be getting a lot of press. Because he's part of NY who the media hates, he won't get any credit. Same crap, different year. All the more reason you can't ever listen to the media about any prospect the Rangers have.

Quote Originally Posted by inkreiderwetrust View Post
    If he was in another teams farm system, he would be getting a lot of press. Because he's part of NY who the media hates, he won't get any credit. Same crap, different year. All the more reason you can't ever listen to the media about any prospect the Rangers have.
    That's common for any AHL goaltender. The only reason someone like Andrei Vasilevski gets hype is because he's a first round pick and the entire future of his organization's goaltending. Skapski not so much. He's been good, but he's not in the immediate view.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Skapski is having a tough year coming off of that surgery. Couldn't hold it down in the AHL with strong play from Hellberg, who has firmly entrenched himself as the starter. Skapski is currently playing in the ECHL sporting a 3.40 GAA and .898 Sv%.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast