Position: Goaltender
    Current Team: Kootenay Ice (WHL)

Hockey's Future Profile: N/A

No analysis available.

Current Statistics
    HockeyDB.com Page: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=137665
    Team Player Page: http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/7440
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division SKjEi o2's Avatar
    What a bad name

This pick doesn't mean much. I don't expect him to make an NHL team.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    That's what people said about Lundqvist.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    I'm not a fan of the pick. Would have much preferred Juuse Saros.

Senior Member Squirt Division SKjEi o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    That's what people said about Lundqvist.
    I hope I'm wrong.... But I doubt Skapski becomes anything close to Lundqvist.

We were lucky with Hank, I don't think the org. knew he would become what he is today.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    I'm not saying this kid will be anything. I never heard of him. I'm saying you can't really write anyone off 12 hours after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SKjEi o2 View Post

We were lucky with Hank, I don't think the org. knew he would become what he is today.
    No player draft on the 6th or 7th round is expected to become a star, let alone an NHL player. Barely any of the players drafted that late make it.

The Rangers were very high on Lundqvist in his draft year. They were confident he would drop as far he did because they also wanted to draft other players who they needed. They were well aware he would need time in Sweden, but liked his skill. There was an interview a while back with scouts that had information about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    I'm not saying this kid will be anything. I never heard of him. I'm saying you can't really write anyone off 12 hours after the draft.
    He's a decent pick. Turned it on late in the year, but he has to display consistency. He's nothing compared to some of the other goaltenders drafted. The one that dropped considerably was Saros and they should have nabbed him. Too much potential there to let him go.

Senior Member Bantam Division Herman_NYRBlog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SKjEi o2 View Post

The scouting report written up by the European scout who discovered Lundqvist said this (paraphrased):

"This is the best European goaltender I have seen since Dominik Hasek."

Anyway, considering the Vezina finalists this season consisted of one guy drafted in the 7th round and two guys who were undrafted altogether, I think it's a bit silly to write off someone literally days after he was drafted simply because of draft position. Drafting in general is not a perfect science but goaltenders especially are largely a crapshoot. It's not a coincidence that only one goaltender (Jack Campbell) has gone within the first 15 picks in the last seven drafts. They're too unpredictable to risk a valuable asset on.
    ww.nyrangersblog.com

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    His numbers have gotten better in each of his three seasons, and he's only 19 years old (turned 19 about two weeks ago). He'll have at least one more year in Juniors before hopefully turning pro. Good size and frame as well, being 6'3". I'm actually intrigued, not saying he'll amount to much but the potential can be there. Kootenay was also 2nd worst in their division, so his numbers are good considering that.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    1st star of the game last night with 30 saves in a 4-1 victory. Having a very underrated season, playing well on an average team. Career high .915 sv% thus far.

Tonight Skapski made 21 saves on 22 shots to beat Calgary, one of the top teams in the league. Another solid performance.

Another win for Skapski tonight with 28 saves on 31 shots.

Should also note that he has now won 7 starts in a row, and in the last 3 games in which he has not started his team is 0-3. As he goes, his team goes and he is on fire now after a less than spectacular first half.
    Last edited by TwoMinutesForNothing; 02-05-2014 at 04:27 AM.

gangsta member Junior Division
    gotta love having goalie depth. thanks for the updates!

Skapski stays hot with an 8-1 win with 23 saves.

Yet another W for Skapski with 32 saves in a 4-2 victory.

He turns 20 in mid-June. Do you think he'll be assigned to Hartford or returned to Kootenay for his overage year? Both Missiaen and Stajcer are RFAs yet neither has done enough to really warrant another NHL contract.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    I guess he probably goes straight to the AHL, no? I mean, he's steadily improving over the course of this year, and Hartford could use the goaltending help. And over the summer he'll have time to get acclimated to the game, including a full training camp with the team. Of course goalies do take longer to develop, so it wouldn't be crazy if he opted for the overage year. It typically takes them 4-5 years from draft day to make any kind of NHL impact, so going to the AHL in 2014 would put him somewhat ahead of the curve.

At the same time, he's playing on a team that features potential first overall pick Sam Reinhart and Montreal draft pick Tim Bozon. Moving him to Hartford may wreck that, since it's a much weaker team in a much stronger league. The overage year might be useful because a goalie needs help from his team as well. That year Duclair turns pro (if not next year) and there's a chance we might see a better farm team.

Senior Member Bantam Division Herman_NYRBlog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    At the same time, he's playing on a team that features potential first overall pick Sam Reinhart and Montreal draft pick Tim Bozon. Moving him to Hartford may wreck that, since it's a much weaker team in a much stronger league. The overage year might be useful because a goalie needs help from his team as well. That year Duclair turns pro (if not next year) and there's a chance we might see a better farm team.
    Bozon is purely an offensive player. Reinhart is a hell of a defensive center, but that doesn't even come close to making up for the fact that Kootenay have one of the worst defensive groups in the CHL. If anything, Kootenay have been holding him back statistically. I'd be pretty surprised if he's sent back for an overage year. It wouldn't, however, surprise me to see him sent to the ECHL.
    ww.nyrangersblog.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast