Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 342

Thread: Rangers Draft [LW] Anthony Duclair With 3rd Round (80th) Pick

  1. #41
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Myusername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,518
    Rep Power
    35
    Yup, he's pretty lanky. If that was almost any player in the NHL he would have bounced off of them

  2. #42
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Hitting an 18-year old Russian and hitting an NHL player are two totally different things, especially for a guy that's 5'11" and under 180 lbs. I like the effort a lot, but telling me he's gritty from one hit is like telling me Callahan has great hands from one nice deke. Still nice to see, but it gives people the wrong impression.
    He's bigger then Callahan and Avery.

    I think it has more to do with attitude in regards to who can hit who.

  3. #43
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,711
    Rep Power
    184
    Best hitter I ever played with was 5'7 170. Just destroyed people, you'd piss your pants in excitement on the bench. But yeah, I think Cash or Czech is pretty much dead on here.

    But the goals...

  4. #44
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,494
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    He's bigger then Callahan and Avery.

    I think it has more to do with attitude in regards to who can hit who.
    He's *taller than Avery and Callahan. Avery was around 195 and Callahan weighs in at 190. That's 15-20 lbs more muscle than Duclair has, and it makes a difference. Granted, Duclair is 18 years old and the other two are NHLers, but thats a lot of muscle to bulk up on. Glad he has two more years in Juniors then the opportunity to grow in the minors after that. A few years to put on 20 lbs? That should go over fine.

  5. #45
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    He's *taller than Avery and Callahan. Avery was around 195 and Callahan weighs in at 190. That's 15-20 lbs more muscle than Duclair has, and it makes a difference. Granted, Duclair is 18 years old and the other two are NHLers, but thats a lot of muscle to bulk up on. Glad he has two more years in Juniors then the opportunity to grow in the minors after that. A few years to put on 20 lbs? That should go over fine.
    Dunclair is heavier then both Avery and Callahan are/where when they played.
    Avery played around 185-190
    Callahan is 190

    Duclair is listed 185
    He will be bigger then both Cally and Avery by the time he's 19/20
    Last edited by Puck Head; 11-26-2013 at 12:54 AM.

  6. #46
    Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Cash or Czech?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,494
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Dunclair is heavier then both Avery and Callahan are/where when they played.
    Avery played around 185-190
    Callahan is 190

    Duclair is listed 185
    He will be bigger then both Cally and Avery by the time he's 19/20
    Where is Duclair listed at 185? I'm curious, because both Hockeydb.com and Eliteprospects.com have him listed at 175. Even the NY Rangers website has him listed at 177.

  7. #47
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438

  8. #48
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Where is Duclair listed at 185? I'm curious, because both Hockeydb.com and Eliteprospects.com have him listed at 175. Even the NY Rangers website has him listed at 177.
    At the ages of (16-20)....I usually trust the specific teams website most for these prospects.
    Hockeydb and Elite prospects don't usually get updated very often.

  9. #49
    I only watch FOREIGN films Bantam Division Steven.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nutley, New Jersey
    Posts
    2,013
    Rep Power
    20
    Just had a hat trick last night. Now has 27 goals in 32 games.
    Hidden Content

    "TV is a nickname, nicknames are friends, and television is no friend of mine."

  10. #50
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,711
    Rep Power
    184
    Think Team Canada would look at him? nooooooooooo Max Domi? noooooooooooooooooooooo

    Idiots

  11. #51
    a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Respecttheblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    9,305
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    He's bigger then Callahan and Avery.

    I think it has more to do with attitude in regards to who can hit who.
    Bigger as in taller maybe? -- Avery was on the short side but more stout and very+ strong for his size, no? Aves to me = Hyena (aside from the fashion clothing), whereas Callahan, more of an Irish Terrier
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 12-15-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

  12. #52
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Myusername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,518
    Rep Power
    35
    Third in the league in goals. I say pretty good for a third round pick

    Might be the best natural goal scorer we've drafted in a while aside from maybe Cherepanov. Kreider is good but I don't think he ever had the same upside.

    As with all third round picks though, a ton of potential for bust. Maybe we'll get lucky, but I can't get my hopes up just yet.

  13. #53
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Think Team Canada would look at him? nooooooooooo Max Domi? noooooooooooooooooooooo Idiots
    I get jealous of the players Team Canada can leave off their rosters

  14. #54
    Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    CreaseCrusader91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    18,945
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    Third in the league in goals. I say pretty good for a third round pick

    Might be the best natural goal scorer we've drafted in a while aside from maybe Cherepanov. Kreider is good but I don't think he ever had the same upside.

    As with all third round picks though, a ton of potential for bust. Maybe we'll get lucky, but I can't get my hopes up just yet.
    He was a projected first rounder until an injury I believe.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

  15. #55
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,711
    Rep Power
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    I get jealous of the players Team Canada can leave off their rosters
    Yes and no. It's lead to them out thinking themselves lately, instead of just taking the talent. "We need a 3rd line center who can handle 14:23/game, wins 58.7% of draws, has 3 fighting majors but not 4, is 18, speaks German, enjoys civil engineering and reads at a 8th grade level. Do we have this player?"

    "Yes, he plays for Swift Current"

    "Bring him in!"

  16. #56
    Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Johnnydollaz18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    15,595
    Rep Power
    40
    Update on him

    Games:33 Goals:27 Assists:19 Points:46 PIMs:38 +/- 7

    Was looking it up before and some scouts had him as high as 10th on the draft board. Incredible how he fell to the 3rd round(80th overall) Been paying closer attention to him lately to see how he's been doing. He's on pace to shatter his career high in points in 66, which was 2 years ago. Already has 7 more goals in just 33 games this year than he did in all of his 55 last year. 4 points shy of the 50 he had last year in 55 games.

    I know it may be earlier, but if this kid can add more size, he can be in the making of another Kreider for this team. Already has the speed and skill, just needs to round out his game.

  17. #57
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Power
    114
    He's 5'11 and 185 now.
    We are probably looking at a 6' 195lb forward here soon.

    I wouldn't worry about his size.
    Last edited by Puck Head; 12-17-2013 at 02:51 PM.

  18. #58
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,740
    Rep Power
    120
    I also wouldn't really say he's going to be another Kreider. The only thing they have in common is speed.

  19. #59
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Power
    114
    Look at his ability to separate and find space


  20. #60
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,548
    Rep Power
    114
    Couple of nice goals


Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •