Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Draft [LW] Pavel Buchnevich With 3rd Round (75th) Pick

Senior Member Junior Division
    Craig Button is really high on this kid. Said he would push for a roster spot on next year's team had he decided to come over. Good to hear.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Don't see why not... he's a talented kid that is responsible away from the puck. Probably won't be scoring 30 goals his first year, but I think he would have fit in comfortably somewhere on the third line.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...y/#more-151183

Pavel Buchnevich is listed at 14 on Corey Pronman’s list of the top 100 NHL prospects. (ESPN Insider)

He says that Buchnevich has put up some of the best 18 and 19 year old KHL seasons ever and that he has “great puck skills, impressive hockey sense and above average speed.” (ESPN Insider)

Pronman says that Buchnevich isn’t a “complete prospect” but “consistently dangerous offensively” and should be in the NHL next season if not at the end of this season if his KHL season ends early.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Nice.

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    Gimme dat Russian sniper.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Seems almost Radulov-esque.

I'm fine with that, as long as he's not a dick.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Skjei probably thinks he's a dick...

Moderator Junior Division
    What the heck does it mean that he's not a "complete prospect"? Shitty defensive player?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Seems almost Radulov-esque.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    I'm fine with that, as long as he's not a dick.
    I'm good with that even if he is a dick. Rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat.

Kovalchuk was a "dick" too.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    I'm good with that even if he is a dick. Rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat.

Kovalchuk was a "dick" too.
    Alright, I'll rephrase. A temper tantrum throwing bitch.

Alright, I'll rephrase. A temper tantrum throwing bitch.
    Hence taming the tiger.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Hence taming the tiger.
    That doesn't make him a tiger. I'm fine with the on ice bullshit, it's the off ice attitude that made Radulov undesirable.

That doesn't make him a tiger. I'm fine with the on ice bullshit, it's the off ice attitude that made Radulov undesirable.
    Sure it does. The inability to control emotions is what we're talking about here. With Radulov, that predominantly occurs on the ice. Including the stick-swinging incident, which was born of his frustration of something occurring during the game.

It's why I drew a parallel to Kovalchuk, who suffered from the same. Every game against the Rangers where Avery played proved that. He'd get him to take penalty-after-penalty, slashing, roughing, etc.

Taming a tiger means that the animal you are trying to "domesticate", for lack of a better term, has a type of raw aggression that you can harness.

So if Buchnevich also has that, that's a good thing, because I'm a firm believer that aggression is not something you can be taught to have or act with. It's inherent in you based on how you were raised. You develop it over the course of your life, or don't develop it. Fight or flight.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Sure it does. The inability to control emotions is what we're talking about here. With Radulov, that predominantly occurs on the ice. Including the stick-swinging incident, which was born of his frustration of something occurring during the game.

It's why I drew a parallel to Kovalchuk, who suffered from the same. Every game against the Rangers where Avery played proved that. He'd get him to take penalty-after-penalty, slashing, roughing, etc.

Taming a tiger means that the animal you are trying to "domesticate", for lack of a better term, has a type of raw aggression that you can harness.

So if Buchnevich also has that, that's a good thing, because I'm a firm believer that aggression is not something you can be taught to have or act with. It's inherent in you based on how you were raised. You develop it over the course of your life, or don't develop it. Fight or flight.
    Yeah but none of that is what I meant by my original comment, that's my point. Radulov used the KHL card to get his way and was generally completely miserable. Sure

Ah, OK, you're talking about the shit Radulov pulled off the ice. The "Russian Factor"? Threatening to go to the KHL, etc? That I can understand.

I thought you meant him being a dick, and the temper-tantrum thing as lead by examples like the stick-swinging one. The on-ice stuff. I'm saying I'd actually be OK with all of that, because you can coach it into a proper channel (maybe). You can't really coach someone to be aggressive (cough*Girardi*cough*McDonagh*cough).
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Ah, OK, you're talking about the shit Radulov pulled off the ice. The "Russian Factor"? Threatening to go to the KHL, etc? That I can understand.

I thought you meant him being a dick, and the temper-tantrum thing as lead by examples like the stick-swinging one. The on-ice stuff. I'm saying I'd actually be OK with all of that, because you can coach it into a proper channel (maybe). You can't really coach someone to be aggressive (cough*Girardi*cough*McDonagh*cough).
    Yes, exactly. The on ice shenanigans I'm okay with. I'll take a guy with an edge all day.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Buchnevich off to a decent start with a goal in two games. Yes, the KHL has already started its regular season.

A nice breakaway goal, video can be found in this link: http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/arti...s-first-season

Pavel had a goal and assist this morning to bring him to 4 points in 8 games. His team is truly awful, sadly. By all accounts he's been their best player and his production is suffering from having shitty linemates, etc... I think Severstal is rated last in the KHL (28 out of 28 teams).

I've seen some of the games and he's doing pretty much all he can to help his team, but to no avail really. The guy can hold on to the puck for ages though, which would be a nice quality to add to the team at some point. His goal today was pretty awesome... roofed it on while on his knees after receiving a pass

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast