Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Draft [C] Adam Tambellini With 3rd Round (65th) Pick

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect

Rangers Draft [C] Adam Tambellini With 3rd Round (65th) Pick

Name: Adam Tambellini
    Position: Center
    Shoots: Left
    Current Team: Surrey Eagles (BCHL)

Hockey's Future Profile: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/adam-tambellini/

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey's Future
    2009-10: Adam Tambellini played for the South Side Athletic Club Bulldogs minor midget AAA team in Edmonton. In 34 games he scored 27 goals with 24 assists and had 20 penalty minutes. The Bulldogs finished first in the North Division and in six playoff games Tambellini scored 6 goals with 4 assists and had 10 penalty minutes.

2010-11: Tambellini made his junior hockey debut, playing for the Albert Junior Hockey League's Sherwood Park Crusaders ,and was the second-leading scorer for the SSAC Boston Pizza Athletics in the Alberta Midget Hockey League. He scored 1 goal in three games with the Crusaders. Tambellini scored 22 goals with 25 assists in 33 games for the Athletics and had 4 goals with 2 assists in five playoff games as the first place Athletics were upset by the Sherwood Park Kings.

2011-12: Tambellini skated for the BCHL's Vernon Vipers in his first season of junior hockey and committed to playing college hockey at North Dakota in 2012-13. He was the third-leading scorer for the Vipers, finishing the year with 27 goals and 29 assists in 55 games with 28 penalty minutes. The Vipers missed the BCHL playoffs; finishing fifth in the Interior Division.

2012-13: Tambellini finished the season with BCHL champion Surrey after being obtained in January in a trade deadline deal with Vernon. He was the Vipers' leading scorer at the time of the trade – scoring 22 goals with 17 assists in 36 games – and had 14 goals and 13 assists in 16 regular season games with Surrey. He led the Eagles with 10 goals in 17 playoff games and had 8 assists with 6 penalty minutes. Surrey beat the defending champion Penticton Vees in six games in the BCHL finals. Ranked 62nd amongst North American skaters in Central Scouting's mid-term rankings, Tambellini was ranked 42nd in the final rankings prior to the 2013 NHL Draft.
    http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...ambellini.html

"He works hard in practice every day, and regardless of what his last name is he’d up there in the draft as a pretty high pick. … He's a pure sniper. He's got that big-league shot and release. He's a power forward, he's still a little bit slight, but he's going to fill out and mature.” – Surrey coach Matt Erhart to the Journal Pioneer (PEI, Canada) and Nanaimo (British Columbia) Daily News.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...100/story.html

“He’s very smart for his age and anytime he gets the puck on the offensive side of the red line he’s very dangerous,” said Williamson. “His shot, his release are at an NHL level already so once he packs on a few more pounds it’s going to be quite scary.”
    Current Statistics
    HockeyDB.com Page: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=139582
    Team Player Page: N/A
    Last edited by Drew a Penalty; 06-30-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Winter's Avatar
    TSN says he has great skating

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    ‏@KatieStrangESPN
    #NYR The 6-foot-3 center, who is committed to University of North Dakota, had 14 goals and 27 points for Surrey Eagles of BCHL this season
    He had 65 points in the entire regular season. 18 points in 17 playoff games.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Sounds like we really went after a little more scoring in this years draft rather than "character" and "speed".

I like.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    I like all the kids coming out of the AJ and BCJHL. Great leagues.

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Adam Tambellini Leaves North Dakota For WHL

Adam Tambellini (2013 third round pick) has left the University of North Dakota to join the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL after the Hitmen acquired his rights from the Portland Winterhawks.

He had two goals and two assists in 16 games for UND and he is expected to join Calgary on their coming road trip.

The Hitmen GM said, “we are very excited to add a top forward to our group. Adam possesses size, skating and a scoring touch that will add terrific depth to our lineup. It is not easy to give up a first round draft pick, however when you acquire a talent like Adam we felt the price was warranted.”
    http://snyrangersblog.com/

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    So what's the consensus? Good or bad for his development?

Hitmen are a first-place club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    So what's the consensus? Good or bad for his development?

Hitmen are a first-place club.
    I guess against better competition, so i'm gonna say this is probably good for his development.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by StacksOfDollaz9 View Post
    I guess against better competition, so i'm gonna say this is probably good for his development.
    It's against lesser competition
    He wasn't ready for NCAA yet

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    I'm really looking for someone who follows the Hitmen and NCAA more closely. I don't know what role he played at ND or what role he will play in the WHL, and is it better to be bottom 6 in the WHL than top 6 in NCAA or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    It's against lesser competition
    He wasn't ready for NCAA yet
    But if he was already playing in the NCAA how was he not ready? Not sure I follow that.
    Don't know much of the WHL honestly.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm really looking for someone who follows the Hitmen and NCAA more closely. I don't know what role he played at ND or what role he will play in the WHL, and is it better to be bottom 6 in the WHL than top 6 in NCAA or something like that.
    Probably a good move for him I guess
    NCAA (especially North Dakota and that league) can be rough on a 18 year old

He's going from playing against men and systems more like the AHL to playing against boys

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by StacksOfDollaz9 View Post
    But if he was already playing in the NCAA how was he not ready? Not sure I follow that. Don't know much of the WHL honestly.
    There is great debate as to which path develops you better for NHL

CHL vs NCAA

But no debate as to which league is tougher on a 18 or 19 year old

NCAA is men
    CHL are boys

This basically means he's decided he wants to be an NHL'er and can't afford to basically sit 2 years while waiting his turn in the NCAA. He's played in 16 games this year, 4 less then my 16 YO brother has in bantam house league. I can understand the frustration.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    This basically means he's decided he wants to be an NHL'er and can't afford to basically sit 2 years while waiting his turn in the NCAA. He's played in 16 games this year, 4 less then my 16 YO brother has in bantam house league. I can understand the frustration.
    Thus goes back to the point of very few 18 and 19 year olds make any kind of impact in NCAA.
    Where as the same time, they can drop back down to the CHL and simply dominate.

They don't necessarily dominate, but they aren't going to be playing a 3rd line role that's for sure.

Senior Member Midget Division
    i just got a lesson. had no clue as to the difference between these leagues. nyc is such a pro town.

from what I've read on this forum though, looks like we have some intriguing youngsters entering the system.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    They don't necessarily dominate, but they aren't going to be playing a 3rd line role that's for sure.
    Ya, but you know what I mean.
    A 2nd rounder going back to the chl is going to through up big numbers, be a leader, run PP, create etc.

2nd rounder going to the NCAA is going to be a weaker less experienced liability

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    First star of game, 1-3-4 in first game with CGY. 2 primary assists.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

I bet he's pumped to hear something other than "Get it off the glass and change."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast