• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

Phil

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dave-chappelle-headline-funny-dies-569957

Dave Chappelle is co-headlining Funny or Die's Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival alongside Flight of the Conchords duo Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement.

The elusive, reclusive comedian -- who famously walked away from his popular Comedy Central show in 2005 -- will hit 13 cities on the tour, which kicks off Aug. 23 in Austin and winds through such cities as Houston, Detroit and Camden, N.J., before wrapping up in Phoenix on Sept. 22. (Tickets go on sale Friday.)

Probably the greatest comedic mind of the past 25 years.

One of, for sure. But that kind of claim overlaps guys like George Carlin, Louis CK, Bill Hicks, Chris Rock, Eddie Izzard, Ricky Gervais, etc. He's certainly in their company, though.

I'm the opposite, but it's close. It's also a tough comparison for most because of how short Dave's career has been so far.

Yeah man. I used to love Dave, but it was really limited. I tried to like Louis CK, but I didn't think he was that hilarious.

Maybe it's because I love the goofy faces and expressions by Dave, Kevin Hart, etc.

One of, for sure. But that kind of claim overlaps guys like George Carlin, Louis CK, Bill Hicks, Chris Rock, Eddie Izzard, Ricky Gervais, etc. He's certainly in their company, though.

An Idiot Abroad with Karl Pilkington is one of my favorite tv shows right now.

George Carlin has been around for ever though. I didn't include him in that because he's in the older class with the Pryor's, Murphy's, dangerfield's of the world. I mean, Dave chappelle was brilliant and reached a huge audience, regardless of race, gender, economic situation, etc. he and Russell peters are my top 2.

Chapelle was very good but (dare I say it) I feel his reputation has become inflated to almost mythical levels just because he did what he did and walked away...it's like everyone just simply HAS to love him because he's SUCH a genius.

Never laughed more from a comedian than Louis CK, does that make him the best? I don't know.

Chapelle was very good but (dare I say it) I feel his reputation has become inflated to almost mythical levels just because he did what he did and walked away...it's like everyone just simply HAS to love him because he's SUCH a genius.

Never laughed more from a comedian than Louis CK, does that make him the best? I don't know.

His show will go down as probably the best sketch comedy show ever. He was on another level. And his stand up was superb. The only knock were his movies, which were just okay lol.

His show will go down as probably the best sketch comedy show ever. He was on another level. And his stand up was superb. The only knock were his movies, which were just okay lol.

I am not a stoner nor a huge fan of stoner comedy but half baked was pretty hilarious.

The Wayne Brady episode is iconic. I remember watching ESPN's Top 10 and they had a clip from one of Novak Djokovic's matches, and the ESPN guy said, "is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic?" I nearly died laughing. But that's how iconic and mainstream that particular episode was. The show was utterly pervasive through the entirety of American culture during the time it was on. The Chappelle Show was like appointment television for college students.

Archived