• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Have Coaxed Out a 'Different' Filip Chytil

Shane Falco

Changed title a bit because it was too damn long.

?It seems in the week he?s been out, it?s been a different Filip Chytil,? Quinn said after reinserting the winger into the lineup for Sunday?s 3-2 Garden shootout defeat to the Capitals following a pair of healthy scratches. ?He?s gone to another level with his work ethic and demeanor, and I thought this would be a good game to get him in.

For those up in arms about Chytil's benching, I found this interesting:

?I did feel different,? the 19-year-old told The Post. ?We had a lot of talks. The season is so long. I never played so many games. When I was out, I worked hard in practice and when I watched the games, I tried to focus on the details of what the coaches want from us. I tried to do that in this game.?

When Chytil was first scratched last Sunday in D.C., the coach had talked about slippage in the rookie?s work ethic, though he later noted that Chytil certainly wasn?t trying to be lazy. Quinn suggested that young players sometimes need to redefine their own definition of hard work.

?I think that?s true,? Chytil said of Quinn?s observations. ?What the coach says is true, always.?

https://nypost.com/2019/03/03/this-is-finally-the-different-filip-chytil-rangers-have-coaxed-out/

Were people up in arms about Chytil being benched this time?

There?s always a few, I?m not going to single them out. The point of sharing this article was to remind people including myself that there?s a lot going on behind the scenes we don?t know about.

I?ve definitely been guilty of criticizing coaching decisions many times. which is why I found Chytil?s comments so refreshing.

Absolutely.

I’ve had some misgivings (and still do) about some aspects of how Quinn runs the ship, but clearly there’s a lot going on that we don’t know about.

I had a massive moan about how he dealt with De Angelo, for example, but I clearly have to hold my hands up and say it looks like he got it right.

There’s always a few, I’m not going to single them out. The point of sharing this article was to remind people including myself that there’s a lot going on behind the scenes we don’t know about.

I’ve definitely been guilty of criticizing coaching decisions many times. which is why I found Chytil’s comments so refreshing.

Hater

It's early to proclaim there to be a new Chytl, just as it would have been early to proclaim a new Jimmy Vesey upon his short lived flourish with Zib and Krieds, as he was back to being invisible last night (Sam even mused that he hadn't had occasion to call his name, and Joe dutifully tried to make an excuse for Jimmy).

It's early to proclaim there to be a new Chytl, just as it would have been early to proclaim a new Jimmy Vesey upon his short lived flourish with Zib and Krieds, as he was back to being invisible last night (Sam even mused that he hadn't had occasion to call his name, and Joe dutifully tried to make an excuse for Jimmy).
Agreed Sod. Chytil made that one nice pass falling down but that was all I saw. He does take a good beating though. He gets manhandled a little too easy even for his age.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agreed Sod. Chytil made that one nice pass falling down but that was all I saw. He does take a good beating though. He gets manhandled a little too easy even for his age.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Been saying this. Both him and Anderson need to put on some muscle but that?s what happens when you?re 18 playing against men.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Been saying this. Both him and Anderson need to put on some muscle but that’s what happens when you’re 18 playing against men.

I think Chytil's play strength will improve naturally, but Lias definitely needs to put on muscle to play the way he wants.

Chytil's always going to be slick, so he'll learn how to avoid some of the contact, but Lias is going to be much more of a straight line player...can't do that and be built like Derek Stepan.

I think Chytil's play strength will improve naturally, but Lias definitely needs to put on muscle to play the way he wants.

Chytil's always going to be slick, so he'll learn how to avoid some of the contact, but Lias is going to be much more of a straight line player...can't do that and be built like Derek Stepan.

Well ideally he learns lol but yea i agree with you.

Just can?t put too much pressure on them yet. If they?re still playing like this at 22 then we have a problem.

Archived