• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Hires AV Next?

Phil

He's a good coach with a strong veteran group who can handle themselves and are close to a Cup. Before Chicago announced they were bringing Q back I thought they might be a landing spot. Does Montr?al finally come full circle despite not really being close to a Cup?

He's 10th in wins in the history of the NHL.

"... why do you have to slag some guy just because he's on the way out of town..."

I love how you consitently use quotes completey out of context. It's quite a schtick.

AV is 14th in wins. Trotz is 7th with about 100 more.

Point being AV can't get his teams over the hump, and neither can Trotz, so how is AV an improvement?

Here we go with the nonsense again.

If you don't think that AV is part of the problem, then you and him are the only 2.

I didn't put out Nick Holden to defend a lead in Ottawa when he was playing the worst hockey of his career, and sit Skjei when he was playing the best hockey of his.... But sure, blame me.

Well he's 0 for 2 and a lot of it is by his own doing, so I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt, unless he changes something about himself...Which he doesn't seem to think he needs to do...Based on his post game comments yesterday.

Yeah, I'm not defending him in the firing, his post game comments were pretty crazy, and I don't want him around this team who I think need to get back to basics.

But, for a team in mid-life, so to speak, who want to change in a different direction all together, AV will be on their shortlist.

I can't imagine Ottawa would come anywhere near his asking price. He's due more than $8M over the next two seasons, but that number drops to zero in the event he signs with another club. Low-ball clubs like Carolina and Ottawa aren't going to be able to meet his demands.

I love how you consitently use quotes completey out of context. It's quite a schtick.

AV is 14th in wins. Trotz is 7th with about 100 more.

Point being AV can't get his teams over the hump, and neither can Trotz, so how is AV an improvement?

Hi guys!

Dont post often anymore but from tme to time I browse. I suppose a small case can be made that rhe improvement would be that at least AV can lead a team to the actual finals, something the Caps camt seem to manage with that roster.

I can't imagine Ottawa would come anywhere near his asking price. He's due more than $8M over the next two seasons, but that number drops to zero in the event he signs with another club. Low-ball clubs like Carolina and Ottawa aren't going to be able to meet his demands.

Oh right, I forgot Ottawa is cheap as fuck

Archived