• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dallas Stars Becomes First Franchise to Publicly Oppose Texas 'Bathroom Bill'

Phil

AUSTIN ? The Dallas Stars have become the first professional sports franchise to publicly oppose the Texas "bathroom bill."

"The Dallas Stars stands strongly opposed to any legislation perceived as discriminatory, including proposed bathroom legislation," President Jim Lites said Wednesday. "Dallas welcomes all, and we welcome all."

Lites also referred to the NHL draft, which is scheduled to take place in Dallas next year despite objections from LGBT rights organizations: "We are proud of our home and want every visitor to feel safe at home here, too, and that's why we oppose this discriminatory bathroom legislation."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-legislature/2017/08/09/dallas-stars-becomefirst-team-publicly-oppose-texas-bathroom-bill

Multiple versions of the bathroom bill have been filed this year. After all failed to become law during the regular session, Gov. Greg Abbott resurrected the issue this summer, putting it on his list of priorities for the special session he called last month.

Currently, three bathroom bills have been proposed that would either restrict restroom use based on biological sex or undo city ordinances that protect the right of transgender men, women and children to use intimate facilities that match their gender identity.

In the last month, dozens of big businesses — including 46 Fortune 500 companies — have come out in opposition to the bills, calling them discriminatory and hurtful to their prospects for recruiting and retaining the best talent. The outcry has made a difference among House Republicans, where chances of the bill becoming law look slim.

First, let me say that I don't care if you're gay, lesbian,or what have you. I do have family members that are gay and lesbian, makes no difference to me. Just don't shove it in my face, so to speak.

If you're a man, and still have a penis, why are you going to a bathroom filled with vaginas, and vice versa? I have a 14 y/o son and a 13 y/o daughter. I'm less likely to get upset if a woman walks into a men's room that my son is in simply for the fact that he's a lot more "mature" than most 14 y/o kids, can handle a weird situation, and has the ability to protect himself from an adult if need be. If a guy with a dick walks into a restroom that my daughter is occupying, I will be handcuffed within 5 minutes. I mean, who's the fuckin majority here? I have to deal with the possibility of a cock flying around my 13 y/o because it might offend people if I don't? How's that logic work? Me, my wife or daughter don't have the right to be offended ? Fuck out of here. Come near my daughter with your dick, and I'll save you money for that surgery.

And the comments from Fortune 500 companies that it could prevent them from hiring the best talent? What a fuckin joke. I'm sure the world is packed with transgender geniuses that could earn these companies more billions.

First, let me say that I don't care if you're gay, lesbian,or what have you. I do have family members that are gay and lesbian, makes no difference to me. Just don't shove it in my face, so to speak.

If you're a man, and still have a penis, why are you going to a bathroom filled with vaginas, and vice versa? I have a 14 y/o son and a 13 y/o daughter. I'm less likely to get upset if a woman walks into a men's room that my son is in simply for the fact that he's a lot more "mature" than most 14 y/o kids, can handle a weird situation, and has the ability to protect himself from an adult if need be. If a guy with a dick walks into a restroom that my daughter is occupying, I will be handcuffed within 5 minutes. I mean, who's the fuckin majority here? I have to deal with the possibility of a cock flying around my 13 y/o because it might offend people if I don't? How's that logic work? Me, my wife or daughter don't have the right to be offended ? Fuck out of here. Come near my daughter with your dick, and I'll save you money for that surgery.

And the comments from Fortune 500 companies that it could prevent them from hiring the best talent? What a fuckin joke. I'm sure the world is packed with transgender geniuses that could earn these companies more billions.

Well said. So tired of this nonsense.

If you can't decide, use the men's room. We don't care.

But at times, if I have to pee, I'll identify as a woman to get that shorter line or cleaner bathroom. (Or to just troll hardcores right to their face, bc I'm an ass like that)

Archived