• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Golf Thread

Vodka Drunkenski

debating treating myself to some new clubs for this season. I like my driver a lot but could definitely use some newer irons. I'm going to be moving soon and incurring the costs of all of that, buying new furniture and such. But new clubs!

Fuck it, credit card debt is fine, it's not real money, everything is free, nothing is real

debating treating myself to some new clubs for this season. I like my driver a lot but could definitely use some newer irons. I'm going to be moving soon and incurring the costs of all of that, buying new furniture and such. But new clubs!

Fuck it, credit card debt is fine, it's not real money, everything is free, nothing is real

Try Callaway pre-owned if you want to save some money. Anything in particular you're looking at?

I'm hoping to play on Friday if the weather holds up. Haven't swung a club since December. Last year was a big year for me though. When I was on, I was on.

Try Callaway pre-owned if you want to save some money. Anything in particular you're looking at?

I'm hoping to play on Friday if the weather holds up. Haven't swung a club since December. Last year was a big year for me though. When I was on, I was on.

yeah maybe I'll look into that

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-1080665455-adams-idea-a12-os-iron-set-7-pw-gw-steel-regular-right-handed-375-in.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3JXSybqO4QIV1EwNCh2UjwgqEAQYAiABEgI_mPD_BwE

this is the iron set I currently have (got them new like 3-4 years ago)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hows everyone hitting them? Played more this season then I have in about 10 years

Feel like everyone got back into it or picked it up during quarry. Was super tough to get any decent tee times

100%. Golf interest is way up.

I fucking suck. I started out pretty strong this season, I fired off like five mid-80s rounds in a row, felt really good that this would finally be the year I break 80. Then I got lost in the wilderness for like a month or two, somehow developed a nasty slice with my driver out of nowhere, and couldn't break 90. I took the driver out of my bag and I hit the 3-wood off the tee. For some reason I hit the driver and 3-wood about the same distance so there was really no benefit to me hitting driver and slicing it off the planet. Now, things have stabilized a bit, back in the 80s again, but I did just shoot a 108 like two rounds ago so that was fun.

I think I need to get a putting lesson. I lose most of my strokes on the green. If it's like outside of 20 feet, I don't think I ever get it remotely close and I give myself another tough putt. I can't figure out speed control at all. Every putt is pretty much a guess and a random result.

Same thing happened with me and my driver lol, out of nowhere I just lost my ability to hit it. Bought a new TS2 3 wood and have been using that off the tee and I have pretty great consistency with it.

I've been hitting my irons better than I did even when I was playing competitively in HS, just striking it super flush. But also losing a ton of strokes on the green, I've stopped trying to drain anything over 20 feet and just try to get it within 3 feet to minimize 3 putts which works well, but I lost any sort of distance control I had with my wedges which has me rattled. I cant stick anything in close and just have zero confidence whenever i pull out a wedge inside 40 yards. I used to hit my driver so good and was money with my wedges, now my strengths have flipped. Funny how it works

Going to one the 5Iron simulator in FiDi with a few buddies later, the place looks dope. Will probably go there a bunch during the winter https://fiveirongolf.com/location-fidi/

I can't score, either.

3rd in Club Championship ten years ago. I'd reckon I'd be 3rd in the 'F' flight, now.

Moral of the story? Don't have kids, or expect to play well at this point of life. My dad's 62, empty nest for years and pretty much scratch.

• 2 weeks later...