• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Thank You, New York

Blue Heaven

Sad. The rebuild is necessary but he was an absolute treat to watch play here. He gets it. Always has and is why rooting for a hockey team is easier than rooting for any other sport. Good look to him and his family. I hope tampa wins and that has nothing to do with any conditional draft pick.

Chris was my first captain when I was a rookie, and he was a guy I grew up watching playing for Team USA so many times. Wearing the Rangers jersey with him was so special.

Jeez that feels like so many years ago.

Classy. Best of luck to him.

Love this guy. Been very lucky and fortunate to have him as part of this team the last few years. Bought a new McDonagh home jersey last month and I'm still glad that I did. Incredible player and human being. I hope to see him hoisting the Cup in a few months time.

Warrior Ranger. Classy guy. McD gave us much to cheer about and his solid character was something you could be proud of and that a kid could look up to. Very heartfelt message to us as fans - he'd gets the relationship we have with the team, and more importantly, the players. You're right, Ozzy, it's easy to forget they have feelings and emotions and families too.

Go win your Cup, Ryan!

After that, you're the enemy to us.

Tough to read that article and not feel for the guy.

I mean, yeah he's a pro athlete and you can sit there and say he makes 6.5 million a year, and deal with it, but that ain't the whole thing. I think there's a connection with hockey players. At least I think so. Yeah Mac was this, and Mac was that, and he lacked this, and he was always banged up, but even though there were times we wanted to pee all over him, we're still gonna miss the guy back there.

I hope he does win a cup over there and we get that conditional #1 for 2019. He's been a good Ranger player.

Fact is...bottom line: we always want to win, and there's nothing wrong with that. We simply have to find a new combination now...I suppose his part of the solution now comes in what he brings us back, in order for the Rangers to move forward.

Archived