• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Islanders Reacquire F Matt Martin from Leafs for G Eamon McAdam

Yeah, next year when both teams are going nowhere.

Those guys will be long a part of the WWE or nursing their heads, by the time the Isle's kids have them competing. You know who's scary though? Matt Barzal.

not without those 4th lines

I said add some muscle, not pretend whatever you have in house will suffice. Hartnell is still a free agent. So are Winnik and Bieksa.

On a related note, who gives a shit if they get out punched by a team that's loaded up with players renowned for the least relevant aspect of hockey?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I said add some muscle, not pretend whatever you have in house will suffice. Hartnell is still a free agent. So are Winnik and Bieksa.

On a related note, who gives a shit if they get out punched by a team that's loaded up with players renowned for the least relevant aspect of hockey?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It?s a matter of NY pride, Phillip. No one here wants to lose to the piles.

Pride. Right. The two teams who are going to be racing one another to the bottom of the standings have much to be proud of. :rofl:

In all seriousness, though, I get it. I don't want to watch our guys get run up and down the ice (they will be) or smacked around either. But I also don't like losing, and I'm accepting that, too, on an interim basis.

I'm aware. I wrote an entire article on it. But you're conflating tough on ice play and pugilism.

Not really, but I don’t care what you call it, or the form it may come in.

Need to allow your youth to develop.

Guys worrying about their head instead of the puck ain’t helping

Which I will do. I just have no desire to see young players get tossed on the ice. We had vets getting bitched all season. I have zero confidence in the roster as it stands to stick up for each other. I know the games evolved and it?s not about who will throw fists. But aside from maybe Kreider, we got a bunch of marshmallows out there.

Which I will do. I just have no desire to see young players get tossed on the ice. We had vets getting bitched all season. I have zero confidence in the roster as it stands to stick up for each other. I know the games evolved and it?s not about who will throw fists. But aside from maybe Kreider, we got a bunch of marshmallows out there.
Do we? We still don't know what the opening night roster will look like. All we know for sure is AV and his stand down approach is gone. Howden and Andersson are both hard nosed leaders. One of them has a good shot to make the team. Young are not I bet the team won't be as 'soft' as AV's teams...

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived