• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

Rogers has cancelled the entire Jays radio broadcast for the entire season (forever). I get to listen on a simulcast TV feed. Corporate ownership is the pits.

Anyways, if the Jays pitching can hold up, they may make thing interesting in that division.

Rogers has cancelled the entire Jays radio broadcast for the entire season (forever). I get to listen on a simulcast TV feed. Corporate ownership is the pits.

Anyways, if the Jays pitching can hold up, they may make thing interesting in that division.

Wow, that sucks. Toronto is a team on the rise. I'd be really excited if I was a fan of theirs. Like you said, the pitching is the one thing they need to get in order. They're set for years to come with those offensive players.

This actually sounded like a great ball game. The psyche of the two fan bases are interesting. When Romano and Phelps got in jams late, my beaten wife syndrome just took over, and I assumed we were done, but it didn't happen. Weird.

• 1 month later...

I figure there's a Mets Thread, so why not a Yankees thread!

Now that Rangers season is over, I look to my other long time favorite team to bring home the cheese this season!

I go back quite a ways with the Yankees as well; As a matter of fact I still have my Bobby Murcer bat from Bat Day in 1971. The guy sitting next to me caught a foul ball in his beer from Horace Clark, and Ron Bloomberg hit a home run. They weren't so good back in those days, but I watched them on WPIX with Frank Messer, Bill White and the Scooter doing the games as a kid.

Anyway, just wanna get a running thread for us Yankees followers....no disrespect to the Mets folk...I'll root for them when they're on and Yanks aren't, but I don't follow them as closely.

I do have to start off with one thing though: HOLY SHIT!!! Garrit Cole is the Eight Wonder Of The World!!!

Do anyone see that stat last night: He hasn't walked a batter since April 12th!!! That's a month without a free pass!!

The guy is simply overpowering!!

Judge is starting to hit, but a lot of them gotta get their shit together at the plate!

• Like 1

Cole is worth every penny and it's great to see Stanton healthy and returning to his MVP self. Hitting is way down this year league-wide and strikeouts continue to rise. It's not the best quality baseball for sure, and the extra inning rules are beyond stupid. Getting Voit back is big, so that will help. Hopefully DJ can start looking like last year's DJ soon.

The pitching in general has been absolutely fantastic so far. Matt Blake has been doing work, man. Getting him from the Indians was a big acquisition, perhaps bigger than most of the players. Kluber and Taillon are getting close and Chapman is next level after developing some off speed stuff with Blake.

MLB continues to fiddle with the baseballs. I don't like it.

Anyways, there might even be aegit pennant race in the AL East this year.

I don't like it either. I'd rather have the juiced balls back at this point. LOL But, maybe just use a regular baseball this time, Manfred?

But, yeah, it could easily be a three-team race this year. When is Toronto going back to playing home games in Buffalo, or have they already? I haven't looked.

Kluber looked great against Detroit and his follow up was pretty good too, Sharpy. He looks like he's coming back to form.

I want to see Monty keep progressing though. He's got great stuff!

I have no idea what they did to the balls...but if they're anything like my balls, they just have to blow the dust off 'em!! :rofl:

I'm just glad they finally won a series against those assholes. They've been in a pain in the ass for the Yankees for a few years now. But, yeah, Kluber and Taillon are rounding out. German has been pretty solid, Montgomery as you said, and they'll be getting Severino back probably sometime in June or July. So, if he can round back into form, that's some pretty slick starting pitching, and that's not even including Garcia.

Did you see the little spotlight thing they did for Jasson Dominguez, Sharpy? He's supposed to be the next big thing.

I did. I'm pretty excited about him, although they're already comparing to the likes of Bo Jackson, Mike Trout and people like that. So, hopefully that overhype doesn't doom him so early. But, I'm looking forward to following his progress down there.

I wanna see the bats come alive tonight....other than Stanton and Judge. Hicks has been a complete no show, other than the sac fly last night....and Luke should start to hit soon...he was doing well in his rehab starts, so he's not too far away.

I figure there's a Mets Thread, so why not a Yankees thread!

Now that Rangers season is over, I look to my other long time favorite team to bring home the cheese this season!

I go back quite a ways with the Yankees as well; As a matter of fact I still have my Bobby Murcer bat from Bat Day in 1971. The guy sitting next to me caught a foul ball in his beer from Horace Clark, and Ron Bloomberg hit a home run. They weren't so good back in those days, but I watched them on WPIX with Frank Messer, Bill White and the Scooter doing the games as a kid.

Anyway, just wanna get a running thread for us Yankees followers....no disrespect to the Mets folk...I'll root for them when they're on and Yanks aren't, but I don't follow them as closely.

I do have to start off with one thing though: HOLY SHIT!!! Garrit Cole is the Eight Wonder Of The World!!!

Do anyone see that stat last night: He hasn't walked a batter since April 12th!!! That's a month without a free pass!!

The guy is simply overpowering!!

Judge is starting to hit, but a lot of them gotta get their shit together at the plate!

Holy shit ,no ,its !! Holy cow you huckleberry

I wanna see the bats come alive tonight....other than Stanton and Judge. Hicks has been a complete no show, other than the sac fly last night....and Luke should start to hit soon...he was doing well in his rehab starts, so he's not too far away.

I have no idea why Voit didnt start last night against a lefty. Ive seen way too much Mike Ford. Guys a minor leaguer. Him staying in against the lefty in a big spot last night makes me think Voit is hurting again.