• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Travel from LaGuardia

fletch

Good news is that I'm taking my son to his first Rangers game at MSG on Sunday versus the Capitals.

Bad news is that I let my wife handle the flight plans, and we are flying into LaGuardia Saturday morning, and leaving Sunday night.

We can always do the Q70 bus to the subway system.

Any idea how much a taxi would cost?

I've still got friends and family in the area, but I know it is a pain in the ass to drive when the traffic sucks. Hopefully on the weekend it will be better than the week.

I'd appreciate any ideas on getting from LaGuardia to Manhattan. Thanks in advance.

Travel to LGA has been a pain in the ass recently b/c of all the construction. It also depends on the weather, people were ditching their cabs on the GCP and walking to the airport on Thursday. What time is your flight? Early in the morning on a weekend shouldn't be bad traffic. Cab to Manhattan would probably be around $30-$40 depending on the part of Manhattan. Check Lyft to see how much it would cost.

I don't know about the mornings, but I pas it almost every night on my way home from work, and even at 1115 at night its still a mad house trying to get in. Cab would probably be more convenient than the bus, but it will also cost you more. Those buses get packed, so you may have a squished ride in and might be standing.

BH is right on with the cab costs.

I'm always a big fan of using public transportation, so the Q70 is definitely a good option and you have the Q60 which can take you to Astoria where you can take the N to MSG.

Q60 runs along Queens Blvd.

M60 goes to LGA

Their is also the Q47 that goes to LGA, and can take that to Roosevelt Ave, then take the E to Penn Station.

I appreciate the help, guys, to weigh the cab vs Q70. Flight arrives at LGA around 11 AM on Saturday morning, and we're heading toward a hotel near Times Square. Flight leaves LGA 8:00 PM on Sunday.

SaveByRichter... coming from Minnesota, so can't refund the plane tickets. Flying into Newark or even JFK is a lot easier than Laguardia, for sure. Love that MSG is right on top of Penn Station, so that would have been easier.... but if we get hung up on Saturday it won't be a problem for the game on Sunday... just less time to do other things in NYC.

I appreciate the help, guys, to weigh the cab vs Q70. Flight arrives at LGA around 11 AM on Saturday morning, and we're heading toward a hotel near Times Square. Flight leaves LGA 8:00 PM on Sunday.

SaveByRichter... coming from Minnesota, so can't refund the plane tickets. Flying into Newark or even JFK is a lot easier than Laguardia, for sure. Love that MSG is right on top of Penn Station, so that would have been easier.... but if we get hung up on Saturday it won't be a problem for the game on Sunday... just less time to do other things in NYC.

Hmm, idk why I thought you were coming in from DC. Belay my last.

Archived