• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So, Where Does J?gr Land? Calgary! 1-Year/$1M Contract

Phil

Jagr, 45, joined the Panthers in 2015 and signed two subsequent one-year contracts but ? as of now ?will not be returning.

This week, Jagr joked on social media that no teams were talking to him with Florida general manager Dale Tallon saying that wasn?t true, that he had been talking to Jagr?s agent Petr Svoboda.

As of Saturday morning, as the free agency period came closer, reports surfaced that the Panthers and Jagr had severed ties and Jagr would become a free agent.

A source with the Panthers, who had said Jagr would be welcomed back to Florida at a much lower price tag than the $5.5 million he made last season (Jagr made $1.5 million in bonuses), confirmed the two sides had stopped talking.

The two are said to be very far apart as far as money goes.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nhl/florida-panthers/article159237644.html

?

It has to be Vegas, no?

I'd love to bring him back but I don't think the Rangers can afford it. He was looking for something really close to what he made last season, which is why the Panthers walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Panthers aren't as close as the Rangers though. It makes more sense for the Rangers to give him the money. Unless something else is in the works, or being explored, it's not going to hurt them anywhere.

• 1 month later...
?I know some teams that have kind of talked and taken a look at it,? said Elliotte Friedman on the NHL Network (H/T to FanRag Sports). ?I think Calgary has been one that has kind of looked at it. One of his former coaches, Glen Gulutzan, is coaching up there.?

Friedman also heard teams suggesting that Anaheim might be interested in Jagr, but based on his own investigation that doesn?t appear to be the case. Ultimately Jagr might end up starting the season in the Czech Republic and would have the option of playing in the Olympics if that happens, but even if he does begin the year in Europe, he could still re-sign with an NHL squad later on in the 2017-18 campaign.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/08/22/report-flames-might-have-interest-in-jagr/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived