• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jay Baruchel Confirms 'Goon' Sequel Is In The Works!

Phil

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jay-Baruchel-Confirms-Goon-Sequel-Works-33145.html

Grab your "official" stuffed Angus doll and get ready for this news, hockey fans! A sequel to Jay Baruchel and Evan Goldberg's Goon is in the works. Word of the follow-up comes a little more than a year after the Michael Dowse-directed film made its official debut at the Toronto International Film Festival last fall, though it didn't arrive in theaters until early 2012.

Goon starred Seann William Scott as Doug Glatt, a dimwitted but well-meaning bar bouncer whose hard head and powerful punch manages to earn him a spot on a minor league hockey team. Rounding out the cast of the original film was Alison Pill, who played Eva, Doug's foul-mouthed but adorable love interest, Liev Schreiber as Ross "The Boss" Rhea, Doug's opposition, Marc-Andre Grondin as Laflamme, one of Doug's teammates, and Baruchel, who played Doug's best friend Pat.

YES!

• 1 year later...
Seann William Scott, who played Doug Glatt in the original, revealed the plans Tuesday in a Reddit Ask Me Anything session. And it sounds like he?s working extra hard to prepare for this one.

"I did a bit of fight training for GOON. For GOON 2, I've been fight-training for the past month, and next month in May I start working with an MMA fighter, and then some skating (obviously, a lot of skating). We start shooting GOON 2 in mid-June, and if everybody does their jobs and we execute the amazing script that Jay and his co-writer wrote, the movie would be wicked."

Writer and co-star Jay Baruchel also will be back for the sequel, as will director Michael Dowse.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/04/22/goon-movie-star-seann-william-scott-says-sequel-about-to-start-filming

--

WOO!

at the end of the day, it was a low budget movie from a comedy writer. liev schreiber was awesome in it though.

What I'd like to see is what was cut out of it in the editing process. The movie could have easily been a half hour longer and gotten a lot more depth...so I'm curious if what was shot and got left out.

• 4 weeks later...
Actor Jay Baruchel will sit behind the camera and make his directorial debut on Goon: Last of the Enforcers, the sequel to the 2011 sports comedy.

Seann William Scott is set to reprise his role as hockey enforcer Doug ?the Thug? Glatt in a story that sees his team, the Halifax Highlanders, reunite with a host of new players during a pro lockout.

Baruchel is actually doing triple duty on the movie. In addition to directing, will also act, returning as Glatt?s best friend and confidante. And he also worked on the script, co-writing it with Jesse Chabot.

Production is set to begin June in Toronto.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jay-baruchel-direct-goon-sequel-795932

• 2 months later...

Archived