• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hurricanes "very focused" on Trading Jeff Skinner

Phil

Love his skating and should have better numbers. One year left, he is not a fit for us.

I heard Carolina wants Edm #10 for him, minimum. Too steep. We'll give them Spooner instead and our 28 and 70 for #10.

You seem like you would...

He is one concussion away from having his career ended. As much of a good player as he is, Rangers should pass on him because of that.

Every player is a concussion away from his career ending.

See: Sauer, Michael

Yes, but he has had numerous concussions, so he is more susceptible to getting them. And not every player is a concussion away from his career ending, because very few stars have had their careers cut short because of concussions.

That's just an argumentative statement.It's quite clear that some players have a concussion history, and others don't. You're just nitpicking.

Didn’t Sauer have a history?

I know the family is cursed, but I thought he had some issues.

Regardless, that was a huge hit!

With concussion history, I’ve begun looking at the hits, and how they happen. Some players put themselves in horrible positions (McDonagh, Anisimov) vs uncontrollable events (Crosby blindside, Shannahan collision).

Once you get to 18, and this level of play, it’s almost ignorant to think any player hasn’t had a concussion or two. Need to examine how they got them.

Skinner had a little of both, but the last few seasons he’s stayed healthy - and he’s gone from a franchise player to a third liner living on the outside. Don’t need that.

Love his skating and should have better numbers. One year left, he is not a fit for us.

I heard Carolina wants Edm #10 for him, minimum. Too steep. We'll give them Spooner instead and our 28 and 70 for #10.

I’ve seen quite a few of your posts stating you heard teams are asking or wanting certain things. Is this from a source of yours or from xm radio, pod casts, etc. ?

I’ve seen quite a few of your posts stating you heard teams are asking or wanting certain things. Is this from a source of yours or from xm radio, pod casts, etc. ?

A discussion between Jim Gordon, Hahn and a guest a couple of days ago regarding Edm's search for a winger to play and skate with McDavid. It was the same day Carolina starting discussing Svech and their objectives, in public. The speculation was that Carolina is already talking to teams about Skinner predraft and want a good 1st rounder as a starting point. Edm's pick was discussed specifically. Sidenote: They also wondered if Mike Hoffman might be someone Edm would go after. No rumors on that though.

That's coming off a Hockey Writers article about 2 weeks ago outright stating Skinner could go to Edm for pick #10. McKenzie and a couple of others also talked about Edm being the perfect trading partner for Carolina's Skinner. The Edm boards are also discussing that specific trade.

With concussion history, I’ve begun looking at the hits, and how they happen. Some players put themselves in horrible positions (McDonagh, Anisimov) vs uncontrollable events (Crosby blindside, Shannahan collision).

Once you get to 18, and this level of play, it’s almost ignorant to think any player hasn’t had a concussion or two. Need to examine how they got them.

Skinner had a little of both, but the last few seasons he’s stayed healthy - and he’s gone from a franchise player to a third liner living on the outside. Don’t need that.

Sauer had a history of both concussions and knee issues. He had injury issues throughout his career in the AHL and NHL.

A discussion between Jim Gordon, Hahn and a guest a couple of days ago regarding Edm's search for a winger to play and skate with McDavid. It was the same day Carolina starting discussing Svech and their objectives, in public. The speculation was that Carolina is already talking to teams about Skinner predraft and want a good 1st rounder as a starting point. Edm's pick was discussed specifically. Sidenote: They also wondered if Mike Hoffman might be someone Edm would go after. No rumors on that though.

That's coming off a Hockey Writers article about 2 weeks ago outright stating Skinner could go to Edm for pick #10. McKenzie and a couple of others also talked about Edm being the perfect trading partner for Carolina's Skinner. The Edm boards are also discussing that specific trade.

Thank you

I'll take a third liner that will score 25+ goals

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

I'm nervous that Gorton is waiting for free agency to hit so other teams can get who they want, then he will schill the RFA trio he has (Hayes, Namestnikov and Spooner) to the losers of the free agent frenzy.

I'd think he should have been working the phones in an effort to get value for at least ONE of these guys. The Rangers aren't going to lock up all three to any long term contract. So, GET RID OF at least one of these guys.

Carolina has no centers, are admitidly shopping Skinner, and are rumored to want to move Faulk now. The Rangers could ditch 1 or 2 of their own centers to make a deal that makes some sense for both teams.

Go for a huge deal.

Hayes or Namestnikov (center they need), Zucc or Vesey (depending on if they want shirt term upgrade over Skinner or a project player who needs a change of scenery), DeAngelo and a pick.

For

Skinner, Faulk, Fox.

Faulk seems like a guy that needs to get to a hockey town before he just stops caring. I always appreciated his shot, he wasn't shy about taking the shot.

Yes he's a bit weak on D, but his shot and ability to log big minutes could be big for this team going forward, as they don't currently have anyone who is used to doing that. 4.8 cap hit for two more years... Nevermind if he bounces back he is extremely tradeable. He's only 26, so please spare the "we have to get younger" stuff.

D pairings of

Skjei- Faulk

Staal- Shattenkirk

Smith- Pionk

Forwards.

Kreider- Zib- Buc

Spooner- Hayes/Namestnikov- Skinner

Vesey- Andersson- Fast

Belesky- Nieves- Euro winger

I really think Faulk is a guy they can get and need to push their RFA centers to get him. Obviously I would rather Trouba, but the budget might be Faulk and that's not bad at all.

Skinner could add that missing skill player that's been missing for a while. Hes always a Ranger killer. I'd like to see what his numbers are, playing at MSG. He'd be a nice gauge as a guy to set up for Chytil, Andersson and even Hayes or Namestnikov. Gotta have some one for these guys to feed the puck to. The more shooters the better.

Yaaaaa, i don’t think that’s quite enough for Faulk and Fox, let alone skinner

Try Skjei, Buchnevich, and one of our recent 1st round picks

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If Fox is not going to sign with them, I think he's a throw in at this point.

Skinner being a UFA at seasons end is a wash with them taking Zucc, except Zucc produces points other than goals, or they get a possible young go getter if they want Vesey.

Hayes or Namestnikov and DeAngelo plus a pick I think is a decent return for a guy that has supposedly been on the block since last season. That is unless Hayes isn't as valuable as people are making him out to be...

Archived