• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

ARI Trades Duclair and Clendening to CHI for Panik and Dauphin

Phil

Interesting that they moved Panik for such a question mark. He was a 20-20 guy last year and is only 26.

I bet ARZ will try him in the top 6 like Chicago did last year to see if they can get the same two-way production and, if they can't, they'll flip him at the deadline.

:tweet: @SWhyno

#Coyotes GM John Chayka on Anthony Duclair: "It’s gone back for a few years now where the team wasn’t particularly happy with the player and the player wasn’t particularly happy with the team."

Chayka on Duclair: "There's a lot of things that go into a trade. Some of them are readily apparent. You see Anthony play and his speed and skill is obvious to everyone. There's some thing that I think should stay behind closed doors."

--

There's more to Duclair than meets the eye. There's always been a knock on his work ethic and behind-the-scenes issues have been alluded to in pretty much every organization he's been a part of. So while "head case" might be a little strong, there's plenty of issues that stand in the way of Duclair realizing his full potential.

:tweet: @SWhyno

#Coyotes GM John Chayka on Anthony Duclair: "It’s gone back for a few years now where the team wasn’t particularly happy with the player and the player wasn’t particularly happy with the team."

Chayka on Duclair: "There's a lot of things that go into a trade. Some of them are readily apparent. You see Anthony play and his speed and skill is obvious to everyone. There's some thing that I think should stay behind closed doors."

--

There's more to Duclair than meets the eye. There's always been a knock on his work ethic and behind-the-scenes issues have been alluded to in pretty much every organization he's been a part of. So while "head case" might be a little strong, there's plenty of issues that stand in the way of Duclair realizing his full potential.

Sounds like a head case to me. Who knows maybe going to Chicago in that locker they can straighten him out if not, he'll be back in the the AHL

It's the reason we were willing to give him up. We wanted Yandle for a while. Zona wanted a top prospect + picks. Once mgmt decided they didn't love Duclair's baggage, they reopen conversations about Yandle and Arizona got excited.

Mikey essentially reported the same thing and had reliable sources. This has all been discussed here before. Wish Mikey would expound on the "douchey" rep, but I heard his work ethic sorta sucks, that he doesn't take every practice seriously and such. I'm guessing he says stupid douchey shit while guys are taking their career and team and work seriously.

Archived