• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mike Hoffman's Girlfriend Allegedy Harassed Melinda and Erik Karlsson

Phil

Melinda Karlsson has filed an order of protection against the longtime girlfriend of Senators forward Mike Hoffman ? alleging a campaign of harassment that plagued the Karlssons after the death of their son and through much of the last NHL season, this newspaper has learned.

The application for a peace bond, sworn in front of Justice of the Peace Louise Logue on May 4, alleges that Monika Caryk, Hoffman?s partner, had threatened Melinda (ne? Curry) and husband Erik Karlsson from November 2017 to the date the information was sworn to.

?Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead,? says Melinda Karlsson?s sworn statement to the court.

?She also uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ?take out? my husband?s legs to ?end his career.?

?Monika Caryk has posted over 1,000 negative and derogatory statements about me as a professional.?

Reached on Tuesday afternoon, Hoffman said, ?There?s nothing really for me to say, at this time. That?s all I can say.?

In March, Sens captain Erik Karlsson blasted an anonymous online troll who, in the comments section of a post mourning his dead son, accused his wife of ?popping painkiller medication? during her pregnancy.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear god.

This is the kind of shit that fans just have no idea about. This certainly plays a major role in why Karlsson wants out and why the Sens suck so bad. Ottawa is a dumpster fire. I don't see any scenario where Karlsson stays there. He needs a fresh start in life, much less his career.

Imagine being Mike Hoffman, and having his pick of any single woman in Canada, and picking this psychopath.

They've been together for over 10 years... I'm guessing she targeted him.

His goofy looking ass jumped at the first thing that came his way.

How does an irrelevant twat effect an entire NHL organization? Hoffman and his golden pussy should have been traded or at the very least, had a serious convo.

If I'm a team making a trade for Hoffman, I'm demanding he leaves his psychopath in Canada. Absolutely cannot have behind the scenes bullshit like this.

They've been together for over 10 years... I'm guessing she targeted him.

His goofy looking ass jumped at the first thing that came his way.

I googled her, she's fugly. She's literally looks like she was manufactured in a factory she's so plastic.

I googled her, she's fugly. She's literally looks like she was manufactured in a factory she's so plastic.

yeah but did you see pictures of Hoffman when he was 16, when they got together? Bigger geek than Wahlstrom.

The Senators are just...wow

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/06/11/the-summer-of-controversy/

Following the well-publicized #MelnykOut billboard campaign, the organization’s series of town hall meetings failed to placate a frustrated fan base.

After Melnyk stressed that the hockey operations department essentially had a limitless budget and that there was a commitment to “investing what is needed to identify, draft and develop the players that embody what it means to be an Ottawa Senator” at one of the town halls, it was revealed that two amateur scouts had been dismissed by the organization.

At Jim Watson’s campaign launch party, Daniel Alfredsson made presumed off the record comments to a former Sun writer who published his expressed desire to see Melnyk sell the team.

Considering Alfredsson left the organization left the organization twice over his relationship with Melnyk, his comments and disdain for Melnyk was never really a state secret, but as shitty as it must have been for Alfredsson to see his trust be abused and have these comments leak out into the public realm, there was a proportionate and therapeutic feeling amongst fans to see these feelings be shared by such a well-respected hockey icon.

A few short weeks later, assistant general manager Randy Lee was arrested and charged in Buffalo with harassment in the second degree for allegedly rubbing the shoulders of and making lewd comments to a 19-year old bus driver.

The Senators support for Lee has been unwavering.

Rather than acknowledge the severity and implications of the accusation in this current climate, the Senators issued a press release indicating that Lee would continue to operate in his current role.

It should have been a no-brainer for the organization to put Lee on administrative leave pending the results of an internal investigation or pending the result of the trial, but instead the organization’s press release read like it was dismissive.

The optics were terrible and that was before the Buffalo Police Department’s police report details were published in an article by Postmedia’s Gary Dimmock this past weekend.

“The 19-year-old hotel shuttle driver had already told him to stop touching his shoulder when the front-seat passenger started rubbing it.

Then the passenger offered to massage parts of his body and then ‘tried to get (the teen driver) to look at his groin area because he had an erection.’”

Compile that with the Karlsson/Hoffman story and just fucking wow.

Ok so the more I read about this story the one obvious thing missing is why do the Karlssons think it’s her? By no means am I saying it’s not. But before I go crucifying Hoffman and his girlfriend shouldn’t there be some proof that it’s them doing it. Proving it should be easy assuming law enforcement gets the computers. Is it possible the Karlsson wife doesn’t like this woman for wahatever reason and she’s nuts? I would think the players are as far from this as possible. But if the Karlsson’s believed that Hoffman’s girlfriend was doing this over 1000 times in the past year how did that not come out? Eric Karlsson and Mike Hoffman were able to coexist this entire year with Hoffman’s girlfriend taunting them when their baby died?

All I’m saying is that I reserve judgement. This story is crazy.

Imagine if this happened on the Yankees. I know hockey gets buried in the states but damn. If true Hoffman. Becomes a pariah in the league. The GM story is way over the top. Management should cut bait immediately no way this plays well in Canada. If I?m bettman I?m looking into the bylaws to figure out how alfredson can be part of a group to buy the team. That or force a sale and relocate which would be a shame as from what I?ve seen there is a passionate fan base there

Ok so the more I read about this story the one obvious thing missing is why do the Karlssons think it’s her? By no means am I saying it’s not. But before I go crucifying Hoffman and his girlfriend shouldn’t there be some proof that it’s them doing it. Proving it should be easy assuming law enforcement gets the computers. Is it possible the Karlsson wife doesn’t like this woman for wahatever reason and she’s nuts? I would think the players are as far from this as possible. But if the Karlsson’s believed that Hoffman’s girlfriend was doing this over 1000 times in the past year how did that not come out? Eric Karlsson and Mike Hoffman were able to coexist this entire year with Hoffman’s girlfriend taunting them when their baby died?

All I’m saying is that I reserve judgement. This story is crazy.

There is an article who quotes the goalies wife how intimates she believes Hoffman’s GF is behind it. Doesn’t mean it’s true but would imagine the wives/gfs are pretty clicky

Haven't seen anything that proves it's Hoffman's girl, however...

There are some other damning facts that have come out today.

Andrew Hammond's, Kyle Turris's, and other's wives have started chiming in via Twitter to defend the Karlsson's.

Mobile Link -

reply to the above tweet by Jason LaBarbera's wife (his connection to Karlsson, idk)

Mobile Link -

Mobile Link -

Where there's smoke, there's fire...

Archived