• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

Name: Vitali Kravtsov

Position: RW

Shoots: L

Current Team: Chelyabinsk (KHL)

Elite Prospects Profile: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/379749/vitali-kravtsov

A big, skilled winger that can play up and down the lineup and provide scoring in a number of roles. He brings grit and physical size, but could be more assertive in throwing his weight around more. Displays excellent speed on the rush and in zone entry, but could backcheck quicker. Plays well in his own end and takes away lanes. Very good hands and awareness. Kravtsov has the potential to develop into a staple top six forward that can produce at the next level. [EP]

Current Statistics

HockeyDB.com Page:http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170115

Team Player Page:https://en.khl.ru/players/24801/

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian Meddling!!

Love the upside. Not the pure goal scorer like Wahlstrom, but a much more complete player. Should see him in 1 - 2 years

He has one year left on his KHL deal and will be attending camp. There's already been rumblings from Dan Rosen and others about him possibly buying himself out of his final KHL year to jump over right away. Personally, I'd let him play it out. There's no rush.

• Like 1

The problem is they left Wahlstrom on the board to take him, and Wahlstrom fell to the fuckin' Isles. That stings. Could be a non-issue, or it could haunt them for years. It's too early to tell, but it's fair to criticize them for leaving Wahlstrom there, even if you feel Kravstov is a good player (he is).

He has one year left on his KHL deal and will be attending camp. There's already been rumblings from Dan Rosen and others about him possibly buying himself out of his final KHL year to jump over right away. Personally, I'd let him play it out. There's no rush.

Nice. I did not know all of this

The rankings are about their ability. What actually happens tells you other stories anywhere from injuries to having an asshole parent(s). Yes, that actually exists at this level. Mind boggling, I know.

The problem is they left Wahlstrom on the board to take him, and Wahlstrom fell to the fuckin' Isles. That stings. Could be a non-issue, or it could haunt them for years. It's too early to tell, but it's fair to criticize them for leaving Wahlstrom there, even if you feel Kravstov is a good player (he is).

I?m with you there I wanted Wahlstrom and can?t think of a worst destination for him. But the isles were likely to get a good player one way or the other and you can?t draft based on what other teams might do but onnwhats right for your team.

You?re right though still stings lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’m with you there I wanted Wahlstrom and can’t think of a worst destination for him. But the isles were likely to get a good player one way or the other and you can’t draft based on what other teams might do but onnwhats right for your team.

You’re right though still stings lol

isles have gotten good draft picks the past 10 years BUT they also havent been able to build a good team around those picks. I trust the rangers more especially with such a skilled player in kranstov

Yep. Also worth noting that he expressed in combine interviews that he'd be open to playing in the CHL if that's the route his drafting team wanted. Would be a backward step for him, though.

I'll do my own personal write-up on Kravstov, but I love the pick. Unfortunate as it may be to pass up on Wahlstrom's shot, Kravtsov has loads of talent. He's both a capable scorer and playmaker.

Came alive during the playoffs for his KHL team after being given more ice time. Played both PP and PK. Torts would've loved him. Skill guy who will do the little things like block shots.

Yep. Also worth noting that he expressed in combine interviews that he'd be open to playing in the CHL if that's the route his drafting team wanted. Would be a backward step for him, though.

I don't see why the Rangers would want that. Keep him in the KHL. Have him play out his contract and make a determination then on whether he's ready to come over right away. I'd imagine he will be.

I don't see why the Rangers would want that. Keep him in the KHL. Have him play out his contract and make a determination then on whether he's ready to come over right away. I'd imagine he will be.

I agree. Only suitable routes are KHL or AHL and it might be better to keep him where's he comfortable for longer. No need to rush him. He'll continue to get minutes in Russia.

Some teams like to have the guy closer, learning NA hockey, learning the language, get the “good”

Icetime, etc

We have Buchnevich adjusting at 22/23, for comparison

I actually like this player and before the draft was hoping for him at 26. So with that said I like the player. What I don’t like is that the rangers always are one of the teams who go a little rogue when picking high. I wanted Dobson and would have been ok with wahlstrom too. I just feel like those guys have a better value league wide and Dobson to me was the 4th best player in the draft. The shock has worn off but the rangers for me don’t get the benefit of the doubt going off the board a bit. Their history is stock full of busts when they do this. Doesn’t mean anything about Kravtsov but this is a pick they cannot miss on. No I don’t trust glen or Gordie.

I actually like this player and before the draft was hoping for him at 26. So with that said I like the player. What I don?t like is that the rangers always are one of the teams who go a little rogue when picking high. I wanted Dobson and would have been ok with awahlstrom too. I just feel like those guys have a better value league wide and Dobson to me was the 4th best player in the draft. The shock has worn off but the rangers for me don?t get the benefit of the doubt going off the board a bit. Their history is stock full of busts when they do this. Doesn?t mean anything about Kravtsov but this is a pick they cannot miss on. No I don?t trust glen or Gordie.

no offense but i trust gordie more than you. If you think he would of been available at 26 you are nuts. Many predicted isles would take him with one of their picks

No offense but no shit. I didn’t draft mcilrath either though. Never said he’s be there at 26 I said hoped he was and if not it wouldn’t ruin my night.

Brooks says the rangers had him the second rated forward in the entire draft. Basically putting them on an island as the only team to think that. All great news if the rangers know something that nobody else does. A steal.

Problem is in the past we’ve been left with jessiman and the like in all time great draft years. And I didn’t make those picks.

It's a good pick. Exciting. He's an excellent player already playing in the 2nd best league in the world. I don't think it's going massively off the board either. Pronman likes it:

Pronman’s take: In Kravtsov, the Rangers get a player who had as great an end to the season as anyone I’ve seen in recent years to raise his stock. He’s likely only a year away from being in the NHL. He has size, big time skill and can skate. With Filip Chytil, Lias Andersson and now Kravtsov, those are three high-end forwards for their rebuild.

Before the knives come out it's worth considering every other team in the top 10 left Dobson and Wahlstrom on the board too.

isles have gotten good draft picks the past 10 years BUT they also havent been able to build a good team around those picks. I trust the rangers more especially with such a skilled player in kranstov
who was the rookie of the year last season,plus what player do the icelanders have that all rangers fans really want