• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PAPD recruitment starts today

cousin

Is it true though? 90k? That's a lot.. Probably more than I'll make at my current job after 5 years...

Yep, and thats before overtime, night diff, holidays and longevity pay. I just couldnt stand at a bridge/tunnel all day/night. That would bore the shit out of me.

Yep, and thats before overtime, night diff, holidays and longevity pay. I just couldnt stand at a bridge/tunnel all day/night. That would bore the shit out of me.

Might be less boring to me or than my job. That sounds awesome. I might really take this exam.

Do you guys know if you need to really study for the exam? Or is it whatever?

Are there Stateys down there near the city? NYR did you ever consider working for the State? They clean up. $$$$$$$$

Its hard to get back down here as a State Trooper, you have to do 2 years upstate and then try to get a bid back down here. Its hard because you have to hope that there are openings down here as well. Honestly though, if you want to go into any type of specialty units or field in the police, NYPD is the best. I work crime scenes, so Im not on patrol, so I like what I am doing, just wish they would make me a detective, but for political reasons in and out of the department, they havent yet, but we are fighting for it.

Might be less boring than me. That sounds awesome. I might really take this exam.

Do you guys know if you need to really study for the exam? Or is it whatever?

You usually dont have to study for it, Im not sure how their test is though. Some departments do a mostly psychological test, NYPD is actual questions where you have to stare at a photo for 5 minutes, then they ask you what was in the photo, and they ask you some common sense questions. They have books that have past tests in them, you can buy them or take them out of the library.

You usually dont have to study for it, Im not sure how their test is though. Some departments do a mostly psychological test, NYPD is actual questions where you have to stare at a photo for 5 minutes, then they ask you what was in the photo, and they ask you some common sense questions. They have books that have past tests in them, you can buy them or take them out of the library.

Lots of opportunity after retirement in NYPD and other departments as well but more so there as you can easily imagine.

Yep, I have a forensic background now, and I deal with a lot of burglaries, so I know how to make a home/business more secure, like what to look for and how to fix those issues.

Yep, I have a forensic background now, and I deal with a lot of burglaries, so I know how to make a home/business more secure, like what to look for and how to fix those issues.
tremendous on the job experience

Retiring from NYPD is like graduating from Harvard

Exactly, everyone wants us. Even if your still in, these departments want us because we have some of the best training in the world. I know guys that have been offered jobs with other departments where they want them for their SWAT teams simply because they are from NYPD and have the experience that their officers dont. If I want to leave at 20 years, I shouldnt have any problems getting a job, but I think I am staying 25 years at this point. I can always get a part time job after that.

I can't take th papd test because the nypd blocks them from getting our personnel records. I would pay for the test, pass, start applicant processing and then die on the list flyer the pd refuses to give them my records.

Sad.

I can't take th papd test because the nypd blocks them from getting our personnel records. I would pay for the test, pass, start applicant processing and then die on the list flyer the pd refuses to give them my records.

Sad.

I think those guys sued the department over that and the department got in trouble for it. It was a dick move by the department, but that's what they do best to us.

They did, but as far a I know, they still don't hire PD people. They find a reason to dq you.

But I've heard various things as to the papd transfer. I'm told they still don't give out our personnel records though.

Hmmm...interesting. The more i hear about becoming an officer (NYPD or PA), the more intrigued i am.

Quick question. Physically, how well do i have to be? Im not exactly in the best of shape, but im hoping to change that before i graduate.

Hmmm...interesting. The more i hear about becoming an officer (NYPD or PA), the more intrigued i am.

Quick question. Physically, how well do i have to be? Im not exactly in the best of shape, but im hoping to change that before i graduate.

It's a joke.I'm not the strongest guy in the world at all, but I was very athletic when I took the JST, having played hockey 3x a week and full court games of basketball at least 1x a week. I found that cardio is the best way to "practice" for the JST. On the entry for the police academy I did it in 2:59 and for the actual JST I did it 2:35.

I'm on a mobile, so I can't post the video. Just go to youtube and search nypd JST. And here's the break down to go along with it:

Dont letthe wall psyche you out, it's really nothing. If you ever had to hop a fence as a kid to retrieve a baseball, you'll be fine. You can jump as many stairs as you want going up and have to hit everyone on the way down, it's not that serious.

For the push and and pull, remember only one foot has to cross the line. Also, use your body weight appropriately.

Don't be a schmuck like me on the laps. I sprinted the first 3 and got a little tired for the last few. Which made me tired for the dummy pull. The dummy pull is fine so long as you use proper technique. Wrap the rope around your wrists, get low and pull steadily, not in a herky jerky motion.

The trigger pull sucks if you're tired. Luckily, I never had an issue but guys in my company and one of my best friends from the company actually failed bc of it. EVERY girl in my company failed the JST atleast once, always because of the wall or the trigger pull. I'd recommend buying one of those handgrips at a high tension and just practice when you're sitting in your house watching tv.

The run is a joke as well. You have to run a mile and a half in 14:00. You can be heavyset and power walk that if you really tried. I ran it in 9:10.

Man, I miss the academy. Impact has its fun moments, but I miss getting paid to work out everyday and working a 4 by lol.

They did, but as far a I know, they still don't hire PD people. They find a reason to dq you.

But I've heard various things as to the papd transfer. I'm told they still don't give out our personnel records though.

They arent dqing people, they just dont want to deal with the city. The city has to give out personnel records by law, thats what everyone was fighting for.This city is ridiculous when it comes to these things.

Archived