• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Digital Asset Management / Digital Media Management

Pete

Anyone know anything about these fields?

We're going through an initiative at my company where we will be cataloging all our assets. It's a huge job, there are consultants and agencies involved. I've been asked to pull list of what we'd need "managed", and aside from the obvious:

• Photos
  • Logos
  • Audio
  • Video
  • Animations

All in hi-res/hi-fidelity formats, is there anything I'm missing? It can't be this obvious...I feel like it's sort of an easy question, and I can't figure out why they're acting like it's a big deal.

I assume it's a big deal, because digital assets are a new venture for many businesses and it's hard to keep track of who owns what in the digital world. If your company is looking to asses what it has and how to distribute or make use of ownership, I'm sure the agencies involved are looking into software to distribute to those licensed to acquire it and for options to go after whoever uses it with a license.

The website I write for has a Getty Images sports account. Unlimited images, from specific sports, and the work and specifics that went into getting that deal done took forever, but the fine for using a picture you aren't licensed to use is higher than a month worth of subscription.

Is your company looking to distribute the images owned?

I assume it's a big deal, because digital assets are a new venture for many businesses and it's hard to keep track of who owns what in the digital world. If your company is looking to asses what it has and how to distribute or make use of ownership, I'm sure the agencies involved are looking into software to distribute to those licensed to acquire it and for options to go after whoever uses it with a license.

The website I write for has a Getty Images sports account. Unlimited images, from specific sports, and the work and specifics that went into getting that deal done took forever, but the fine for using a picture you aren't licensed to use is higher than a month worth of subscription.

Is your company looking to distribute the images owned?

I know, we have a Getty contract as well. I'm familiar with rights issues. I think my boss's email was just worded weirdly. I took care of his request.

This is going to be a pretty big initiative.

Archived