• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Are There Any Loopholes to Get on of Verizon Contract?

CreaseCrusader91

Call them with a sob story. Tell them you lost your job and you're trying to figure out how you're going to pay the rent and feed your family. Or tell them your parents lost their jobs and you have to now help them. Explain to them that you have to get rid of your cell phone because you just can't afford it any more. Offer to send back your phone if you got it as part of a deal for renewing your contract. Tell them you understand there is a disconnect fee, but won't be able to pay it so it is just going to end up going to collections. Be very courteous. Thank them often. If they say they can't help you, thank them again and ask politely if there is any way you can speak to a manager. Then repeat.

Call them with a sob story. Tell them you lost your job and you're trying to figure out how you're going to pay the rent and feed your family. Or tell them your parents lost their jobs and you have to now help them. Explain to them that you have to get rid of your cell phone because you just can't afford it any more. Offer to send back your phone if you got it as part of a deal for renewing your contract. Tell them you understand there is a disconnect fee, but won't be able to pay it so it is just going to end up going to collections. Be very courteous. Thank them often. If they say they can't help you, thank them again and ask politely if there is any way you can speak to a manager. Then repeat.

This.

Then again, it's Verizon. After this story, they'll probably tell you they need to increase your bill.

You guys really think big companies are going to bite on a sob story?

It can work. There is nothing to lose. Some people suggest using their social media (twitter, facebook, etc) to spread your sob story as well because then other people see it.

Holy shit, after reading this, I feel so bad for CreaseCrusader that this makes me wanna pay his fuckin bill.

Virgin mobile kinda sucks, though. Is it worth it to cancel or just eat the year.

Financially canceling makes sense. I may just swap phones on this line and drop all the extras. If I use a basic phone on a basic plan, it may cost 20 a month to keep VZW active+ my virgin number would be less than I am paying now. Only downside would be losing my current number.

Financially canceling makes sense. I may just swap phones on this line and drop all the extras. If I use a basic phone on a basic plan, it may cost 20 a month to keep VZW active+ my virgin number would be less than I am paying now. Only downside would be losing my current number.

If the VZW line is alive you can have calls forwarded for the year.

Archived