• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Amazon Now Forced to Start Charging NYS Sales Tax

NYR2711

A court ruling came down today forcing online companies out of state to collect New York State sale tax on their products. Amazon was fighting it, and today the ruming came down. This sucks because I buy alot of stuff from Amazon because they have the best prices on most of their products. I used to buy all my books from them, now I'm glad I have a Kindle. If New York State is that hard up for money, how about they cut some expenses, like changing the signs on the Northern and Southern Parkway exits. I still can't tell the difference between the old green ones and the new green ones, and those signs that are supposed to tell you how long your trip to certain Parkways will take are never on. They have been up for at least 2 years and haven't worked since they were installed. Stop pissing money away on garbage and making us pay for it and then pay more.

A court ruling came down today forcing online companies out of state to collect New York State sale tax on their products. Amazon was fighting it, and today the ruming came down. This sucks because I buy alot of stuff from Amazon because they have the best prices on most of their products. I used to buy all my books from them, now I'm glad I have a Kindle. If New York State is that hard up for money, how about they cut some expenses, like changing the signs on the Northern and Southern Parkway exits. I still can't tell the difference between the old green ones and the new green ones, and those signs that are supposed to tell you how long your trip to certain Parkways will take are never on. They have been up for at least 2 years and haven't worked since they were installed. Stop pissing money away on garbage and making us pay for it and then pay more.

The sign law is the biggest waste of money. I worked the past 3 summers in DPW and we had to replace every stop sign, and street sign in the town with the new 3m reflective ones. We had like 75 signs we replaced the year before that were $100 a pop and had to replaced again with the reflective ones which are $125ish a pop. Total waste of state money all around.

Archived