• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Taxes/accountant recommendations?

Niko

This is the first year for me as a NYC employee and my first year where I have thousands of dollars worth the deductions so I'm unable to just do a 1040ez. Do any of you guys have a solid accountant you can recommend? I'm kind of scared of who I pick bc my gf's accountant botched her return last year and it ended up costing her like 4k. Something like that would cripple me.

Some one in the NYC area would be best, but if some one is familiar with maximizing returns for members of the NYPD, that takes precedent.

Thanks guys

This is the first year for me as a NYC employee and my first year where I have thousands of dollars worth the deductions so I'm unable to just do a 1040ez. Do any of you guys have a solid accountant you can recommend? I'm kind of scared of who I pick bc my gf's accountant botched her return last year and it ended up costing her like 4k. Something like that would cripple me.

Some one in the NYC area would be best, but if some one is familiar with maximizing returns for members of the NYPD, that takes precedent.

Thanks guys

One of your old teammates was an accountant. Do you want his info? Fwiw, I got my refund back already.

Trust me, find someone that is good with cops and deals with them. The guy I went to when I first graduated from the academy screwed me over. The guy I go to now has been aces, but he is booked usually by mid January, he does mostly cops and LIRR guys and other civil service workers. You should get a great return because you had to pay out the ass for stuff. My guy is in Jericho on Long Island, if you want I can get you his number and you can see if you can get in.

Your union doesnt have people that do it for free?

Nope, probably because there are so many cops that would need this, close to 25,000, and because of the different areas people live in. Plus, it's just another thing you can write off on your taxes, I your not paying for it, it's less of a deduction you can make.

Thanks guys

I can give you the number of the guy I use. He does a lot of cops, and is the father of one of my coworkers. He also is based out of Brooklyn. I'll text him now and forward you the info for him. I get a good return every year.

Archived