• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Went to my first Ranger game yesterday

Gunnar Stahl

Excited to say I enjoyed my first Ranger game, and my first trip to the garden yesterday. It was a total blast! Seeing the guys in person and hearing the famous goal song over the speakers was very inspiring and got the crowd pumped after a scary early goal by the caps. Before the game I checked out Cafe 31, which I heard mentioned here a few times. The place was awesome! I tell ya, living in PA and being used to a sea of flyers orange it was an amazing feeling to walk into a place and see a flood of Ranger jerseys, hats, and hoodies all enjoying food and beer. I felt very at home :D

Some cool things to note about the live audience:

The crowd came alive whenever Nash had the puck, or Cally was on the ice. They really bring energy.

Henrik was well... Henrik! Everything I expected from seeing him on TV.

Hags is growing quite a following. I actually heard someone tell "SWAGLIN" after his goal haha

HUGE Ovi sucks chant. Also whenever he had the puck the crowd was gasping.

All in all it was a great time and this thread serves no purpose other than to share my excitement of going to a game like so many people here do on a frequent basis. I hope to see another this year. The seats werent bad either. Section 221, Row 13, Seat 3 :cool:

Snapped a shot of the victory salute...

http://i.imgur.com/SzTen3o.jpg?1

Hehe, just kidding. I was on Iceland for a good 30 minutes of my life. The most frantic lay-over ever on a flight from JFK to Amsterdam.

I should go back, the views from the plane made the country look... almost alien. Like a different world.

Archived