• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trade School helped get me a job (wyotech)

yada

i graduated from a trade school last may and finally got a job. i know that people often look at trade schools skeptically and wonder how often these places actually get graduates a job and how good is the job they help you find. i decided to go to wyotech to learn air conditioning and refrigeration after losing my job back in may 2010. school cost me about 24000 after grants that i don't have to pay back.

federal government requires that trade schools funded by the government place either 60 or 75% of graduates with jobs. i spent 3 months with basically a few interviews that ultimately resulted in me not getting the jobs. in early august or late july dallas rapid transit came out to my school in fremont, ca looking for general maintenance positions and possibly a hvac position. what was required was you had to pass a test for thr position you were interested in and if you passed were guarantee a phone interview since i was living a few states away from the job.

after passing the test in august/july i finally had my phone interview oct 5. i finally received a phone call and offer letter the day before thanksgiving. after the physical, drug testing, and holidays i finally started my new job 1/14 after moving to a place id never visited before. for me this experience has been enjoyable and easier because i am single and i have no kids. my job pays me 22.50 after making a whopping 13 hour at my past job and i hadnt had a raise the last 3 years at that job.

Archived