PDA

View Full Version : Madison Square Garden: Renovations & Ticket Prices

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

EdMc28
03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
next week MSG is sending all season ticket holders their playoff invoice for this season along with the prices for next season and a updated seating chart for lower bowl ticket holders. So anyone want to make predictions on what tickets go up to next season? I got a feeling that there going to jack my seats $5 or so a game to make up for the loss of next seasons pre season and one home game.

Captain Clutch
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
it'll go up for sure. renovations and starting in europe for sure will raise the ticket prices. unless the rangers miss the playoffs this year

NYR2711
03-02-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't think they will raise them. If they are sending out everything so early, I don't see them raising the prices. Boston already came out and said they were raising theirs, havent heard anything on the Rangers.

EdMc28
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/ny5/37634s_a.gif

next years seating chart

NYR2711
03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/ny5/37634s_a.gif

next years seating chart

Where did you find this? I don't see my section, Im section 301.

EdMc28
03-02-2011, 07:44 PM
HFboards

NYR2711
03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Damn, oh well, I was going to cut back to a package after next season anyway.

Ba Ba Bluey
03-03-2011, 11:06 AM
It should be interesting to see how badly everyone in the 400's gets dicked over.

It's inevitable.

ThirtyONE
03-03-2011, 11:14 AM
500s? jesus. I wonder how expensive those will be and what kind of animals will sit up there? Does anyone know if they play to have more seats then they do now? Or is it still going to be 18,000 whatever it is?

Ba Ba Bluey
03-03-2011, 11:16 AM
I think it's 18,200 now..

Im guessing it will be less, nowadays they give more space for the corporate suites.

EdMc28
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
if only the 500s were a standing room only section. I'd move there in a second

Greggy Gloom
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
if only the 500s were a standing room only section. I'd move there in a second

500's? Where are they, on the roof?

Pete
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I can't believe people still shell out money like this for these tickets.

EdMc28
03-03-2011, 12:21 PM
500's? Where are they, on the roof?

The 400s now aren't bad in terms of height compared to the prudential center. Felt like i was in another zip code the two times i sat in the 200 level there. Curious as to what these 500s are, most likely just renumbered the 10th floor suites

Greggy Gloom
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I can't believe people still shell out money like this for these tickets.

Haven't been to a game all season, nor do I intend to. First time since 2003 that I will have missed not going. With the prices for tickets to watch a mediocre product, it is just not worth it. I won't go to playoffs either, if they make it, because that would be hypocritical of me. My friend has twice offered to pay for my ticket, but with a $30 cost to ride the train (or the same + gas to drive in) it is still not worth it for me.

I can be as equally pissed off while sitting in my recliner at home, where a six pack of beer costs the same as one cup at MSG and I don't have to put up with idiots behind me yelling for the Rangers to shoot the puck when we are in our own zone on a penalty kill.

Pete
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Haven't been to a game all season, nor do I intend to. First time since 2003 that I will have missed not going. With the prices for tickets to watch a mediocre product, it is just not worth it. I won't go to playoffs either, if they make it, because that would be hypocritical of me. My friend has twice offered to pay for my ticket, but with a $30 cost to ride the train (or the same + gas to drive in) it is still not worth it for me.

I can be as equally pissed off while sitting in my recliner at home, where a six pack of beer costs the same as one cup at MSG and I don't have to put up with idiots behind me yelling for the Rangers to shoot the puck when we are in our own zone on a penalty kill.
It's just the overall cost, regardless of product. Just too much money. We're in a recession!

Greggy Gloom
03-03-2011, 12:32 PM
It's just the overall cost, regardless of product. Just too much money. We're in a recession!

Yet they keep raising the prices. Not their fault. If nobody went, they would lower them, but people are suckers.

EdMc28
03-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Yet they keep raising the prices. Not their fault. If nobody went, they would lower them, but people are suckers.

this year the crowds have been the smallest since the lockout. Ever since football has ended its picked up a bit but early on in the year there were tons of empty seats all over the garden

Greggy Gloom
03-03-2011, 12:44 PM
this year the crowds have been the smallest since the lockout. Ever since football has ended its picked up a bit but early on in the year there were tons of empty seats all over the garden

Glad to hear it.

NYR2711
03-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I think the 500's are going to be what the sweets are now. They are moving them down to the bottom. I think everyone from the 300's and up are going to get royally screwed.

Greggy Gloom
03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I think everyone from the 300's and up are going to get royally screwed.

They will, because the Dolan's don't care about any fans that aren't corporate or wealthy. Never have, never will. I understand this is a business and all and they have to make money, but the way they go about it they might as well put big "Fuck You" signs around the arena concourse.

NYR2711
03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
They will, because the Dolan's don't care about any fans that aren't corporate or wealthy. Never have, never will. I understand this is a business and all and they have to make money, but the way they go about it they might as well put big "Fuck You" signs around the arena concourse.

Exactly. I hate the way they traet the fans. They used to give the fans something at most games, now they give you nothing, and just keep raising ticket prices. I only plan on having my seats for another season, then I might go to like a 10 game package, depending on how much they raise the prices.

EdMc28
03-03-2011, 11:03 PM
what pisses me off is how they treat season ticketholders. You used to get benefits, now they give the fans who spend thousands of dollars nothing. But the people who drop a quarter of that money for a blueshirts united membership gets you more and better benefits.

NYR2711
03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
what pisses me off is how they treat season ticketholders. You used to get benefits, now they give the fans who spend thousands of dollars nothing. But the people who drop a quarter of that money for a blueshirts united membership gets you more and better benefits.

Yep, and I refuse to shell out that much money to join a fan club. Season Ticket holders deserve more than what we get now. I remember when I first became a season sub we used to have Draft parties every year. They had roster players there, recent draft picks, and you could take photo's with them, get auto graphs. They had pictures that they took and gave you for free with the banners and former players. Now your lucky if they do the skating party. The gifts they used to mail you for Christmas were really nice and not a cheap patch in a plastic frame. I got a nice fleece blanket one year, that I still use because its so comfortable. Also, when we got our tickets, you used to get them in either a paint can or bag, and you would get shirts, hats, stickers, books. Now your lucky to get the pocket calenders. Thngs have just gone way down hill with this team twords their season subscribers. ANd I love going to the games, which is why I buy the tickets, but I think next sason is my last as a full season subscriber. Its just not worth it anymore.

EdMc28
03-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Yep, and I refuse to shell out that much money to join a fan club. Season Ticket holders deserve more than what we get now. I remember when I first became a season sub we used to have Draft parties every year. They had roster players there, recent draft picks, and you could take photo's with them, get auto graphs. They had pictures that they took and gave you for free with the banners and former players. Now your lucky if they do the skating party. The gifts they used to mail you for Christmas were really nice and not a cheap patch in a plastic frame. I got a nice fleece blanket one year, that I still use because its so comfortable. Also, when we got our tickets, you used to get them in either a paint can or bag, and you would get shirts, hats, stickers, books. Now your lucky to get the pocket calenders. Thngs have just gone way down hill with this team twords their season subscribers. ANd I love going to the games, which is why I buy the tickets, but I think next sason is my last as a full season subscriber. Its just not worth it anymore.

yup $400 bucks gets you invited to go bowling with memebers of the team but $1000+ doesn't even get you the skating at the garden. Only nice thing the season sub dept has done this year is they gave my group a luxury box for sunday's game because of the snow that suspended LIRR service in January the day of the Ranger Islander game

NYR2711
03-03-2011, 11:50 PM
yup $400 bucks gets you invited to go bowling with memebers of the team but $1000+ doesn't even get you the skating at the garden. Only nice thing the season sub dept has done this year is they gave my group a luxury box for sunday's game because of the snow that suspended LIRR service in January the day of the Ranger Islander game

How did you get that, I couldnt get in either, I take the same train as you, and I think I have seen you on there a couple of times. I havent even been contacted by my rep tis sason. They gave me a new one and I havent heard shit from them, gotten a call or anything. Even my old rep never did anything for me.

EdMc28
03-04-2011, 12:36 AM
How did you get that, I couldnt get in either, I take the same train as you, and I think I have seen you on there a couple of times. I havent even been contacted by my rep tis sason. They gave me a new one and I havent heard shit from them, gotten a call or anything. Even my old rep never did anything for me.

you prob have, should say hello next time you see me im usually alone lol. The guy who's name is on the account said he kept bothering his rep 3 or 4 times a day until they gave him something. After a few weeks the Rangers gave us that. I would call your rep tomorrow and tell them that you heard there giving other season ticket holders comps for that game since they couldn't get into the city.

EdMc28
03-04-2011, 12:51 AM
what trains do you normally take btw? I usually take the 4:35 going in and whatever the 1st train is coming home unless its that 10:05

EdMc28
03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
spoke to someone in season subs today and they told me all seats have gone up for next season. Surprise Surprise

Ba Ba Bluey
03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
If I had to guess, I would say ticket prices will continue to go up for the next several years due to this whole renovation..

"State of the art this" / "State of the art that" = State of the art reasons to jack up ticket prices knowing they will get the money no matter what.

EdMc28
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
If I had to guess, I would say ticket prices will continue to go up for the next several years due to this whole renovation..

"State of the art this" / "State of the art that" = State of the art reasons to jack up ticket prices knowing they will get the money no matter what.

its a crime that they charge us $37 bucks a game to sit somewhere where unless your 6+ feet tall you can't see over the railing

Pete
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
its a crime that they charge us $37 bucks a game to sit somewhere where unless your 6+ feet tall you can't see over the railing

Why do you pay it?

EdMc28
03-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Why do you pay it?

I can see over the railing thankfully, and I'm a sucker and like going to games. Plus theres a good group of people around my seats, were always laughing and enjoying ourselves

Pete
03-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I can see over the railing thankfully, and I'm a sucker and like going to games. Plus theres a good group of people around my seats, were always laughing and enjoying ourselvesAh, well I guess that makes it worth it. As long as you're having fun there. :cheers:

Niko
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Dumping the seasons was the best thing I've ever done. I bought a corporate plan this year. They forced me to buy Rangers tix when I bought my knicks tix.

But I enjoy going to the games for the Knicks. My package included games against the Celtics, Heat, Lakers, Clippers, Suns, Melo's first game, and a bunch of other decent teams, like Atlanta.

They dicked me on Rangers tickets and charged me more money lol.

viventi
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Nik, was dumping your season tickets the best thing you ever did? I wasn't sure...you've only said it about 4982347924729343209483028420 times. I just wanted to make sure I heard you correctly.

EdMc28
03-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Dumping the seasons was the best thing I've ever done. I bought a corporate plan this year. They forced me to buy Rangers tix when I bought my knicks tix.

But I enjoy going to the games for the Knicks. My package included games against the Celtics, Heat, Lakers, Clippers, Suns, Melo's first game, and a bunch of other decent teams, like Atlanta.

They dicked me on Rangers tickets and charged me more money lol.

Did MSG send you a invoice for knicks playoff tickets yet? Just curious as to how much those are going for

Pete
03-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Nik, was dumping your season tickets the best thing you ever did? I wasn't sure...you've only said it about 4982347924729343209483028420 times. I just wanted to make sure I heard you correctly.

Yea he makes it like getting ripped off by the same company to watch jail ball is somehow better.

viventi
03-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Yea he makes it like getting ripped off by the same company to watch jail ball is somehow better.

In his mind it is, sure.

Ba Ba Bluey
03-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Im interested to see how high the prices skyrocket.

That might be the breaking point for me.

!br-avery!
03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I haven't been to a game at MSG since 2003

Ba Ba Bluey
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Whys that?

Greggy Gloom
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Whys that?

Cause he's the smartest person here.

!br-avery!
03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Would be kind of hard traveling 1300 miles or so for every game..

Ba Ba Bluey
03-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Would be kind of hard traveling 1300 miles or so for every game..

haha true, so you really are from Jupiter?

!br-avery!
03-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Currently residing in Jupiter...si!not the planet

Ba Ba Bluey
03-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Well that clears thats up :D

NYRangers92
03-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Having been to Consol more times this past year than MSG, I hope the new seating bowl is close to what its like at Consol. Every seat is great and you feel like you are on top of the action wherever you are seated. What I dont hope they do similar to Consol is the entrance system. I dont know who approved the silly system at Consol but it must be changed. Theres 2 main outside gates at the arena, except once you are inside theres only one place to get your ticket scanned, for the entire arena. Its at an area where both entrances meet once inside. The problem could be easily solved if they scanned your ticket at the 5th avenue entrance before you get onto the first escalator, and not after which is where the other entrance gets their tickets scanned.

EdMc28
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Having been to Consol more times this past year than MSG, I hope the new seating bowl is close to what its like at Consol. Every seat is great and you feel like you are on top of the action wherever you are seated. What I dont hope they do similar to Consol is the entrance system. I dont know who approved the silly system at Consol but it must be changed. Theres 2 main outside gates at the arena, except once you are inside theres only one place to get your ticket scanned, for the entire arena. Its at an area where both entrances meet once inside. The problem could be easily solved if they scanned your ticket at the 5th avenue entrance before you get onto the first escalator, and not after which is where the other entrance gets their tickets scanned.

can't wait to see a game there next weekend

NYRangers92
03-08-2011, 06:48 PM
you going to the Ranger game on the 20th? I'm gonna try and rush for that game

darrencp22
03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I'll be at my first game this year next Friday against Montreal. It'll be interesting to see the work being done.. very much necessary IMHO.

So Nashty
03-08-2011, 07:54 PM
this will be the first year where i dont go to a game. i simply cant afford it anymore and i hate sitting in the back/top.

EdMc28
03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
you going to the Ranger game on the 20th? I'm gonna try and rush for that game

yup ill be there. Sec 227 Row C.

Pete
03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I'll be at my first game this year next Friday against Montreal. It'll be interesting to see the work being done.. very much necessary IMHO.

Welcome. :)

NYR2711
03-08-2011, 10:40 PM
yup ill be there. Sec 227 Row C.

I am pissed, I put this game up on accident on ticket exchange instead of the game after it and didn't realize it u til after it was sold. I am pissed I can't go to this game now. Figures the onoy game I don't want to sell on there sells and the others don't.

NYRangers92
03-08-2011, 10:42 PM
you were taking a road trip to Pitt too?

EdMc28
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
playoff bill and next seasons prices come tomorrow.

Pete
03-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Fight the power.

Ba Ba Bluey
03-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Does every team that is mathematically still in the hunt send out playoff invoices?

Blue Heaven
03-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Does every team that is mathematically still in the hunt send out playoff invoices?

Yes, but not next season's invoice this early. This is absurd that we're getting it in March. Use to be in June with it due in Mid-July, then it was again in June but due July 1st, then it was in May with it due in mid-June. Now March???? WTF! Want the $$$ so they could put it in the bank and collect interest on it for a couple of extra months.

Ba Ba Bluey
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Who do you think is paying for the LCD flatscreens in the new luxury suites.

This guy.:thumbs:

Blue Heaven
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Who do you think is paying for the LCD flatscreens in the new luxury suites.

This guy.:thumbs:

Knicks season tixs prices went up on average 49%
:puke:

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM
@NYP_Brooksie: MSG policy about not raising season ticket prices obviously rescinded. Ranger prices will increase by avg of 23 pct whether in or out.

@NYP_Brooksie: After all, someone has to pay for renovation of building.

@NYP_Brooksie: Oh, they're not called ticket prices anymore. Now they're "price points."

NYRangers92
03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
gotta get that $800 million from somewhere

Blue Heaven
03-11-2011, 01:21 PM
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
That's the first time I've seen something posted from Carp in like a year. :rofl:

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 01:58 PM
@NYDNRangers: Both teams still will fill the Garden. Raising ticket prices might be lousy to non-corporate fans, but it's not bad business.

@NYDNRangers: And really, they're not going to lose fan support over it. I grew up rooting for #NYR, and went to one game before college.

@NYDNRangers: Maybe because of that, I have a hard time feeling rage. It's not like tickets have been affordable for average folks for a long time.

@NYDNRangers: Bad to the loyalest fans? Yes. But everyone should know by now that money beats loyalty every time in pro sports. Just another example.

@NYDNRangers: Fans have every right to be angry about it, but so long as sports franchises are private businesses, this won't change.

--

Find myself agreeing with Jesse here.

Haven't been to a single game this year. Don't have $200+ to drop on two tickets (I will never sit in the fuckin' 400's) to watch the team likely lose.

Pete
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
The people who complain the most are the ones shelling out every year. I mean, if you continue to be angry about it, stop spending the money.

NYR2711
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Next season is probably my last as a season sub, its just getting too expensive and they are treating season subs worse and sorse every year. This year, the gift they sent was the 85th Anniversary Patch in a plastic case. They used to send out nice blankets, plaques, now its a patch, BFD. They dont give you anything anymore with the tickets like they used to. They forgot about the real fans and only look at the corporate accounts.

Ba Ba Bluey
03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I have seasons in 411.

I recently sat in section 114 for a game. Im sorry but Id rather sit up with die hard dumbasses that are ignorant and dont know dick, than sit with a bunch of pompous assholes that dont know dick while reading Forbes magazine and not watching the game.(Im not making this up, he really was reading Forbes magazine)

NYR2711
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I have seasons in 411.

I recently sat in section 114 for a game. Im sorry but Id rather sit up with die hard dumbasses that are ignorant and dont know dick, than sit with a bunch of pompous assholes that dont know dick while reading Forbes magazine and not watching the game.(Im not making this up, he really was reading Forbes magazine)

This is why I sit in the 300's, because of both sections.

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I have seasons in 411.

I'll stick with the Mr. Forbes. At least he doesn't shout some belligerent nonsense out every 30 seconds or spill his beer all over me.

The pompous are much quieter and more polite, albeit not knowing much about what they are watching.

They both know nothing about what they are watching, but at least Mr. Forbes is quiet about it.

Average Conversation with 400's fan:

"Rozsíval, you suck!"
"Rozsí was traded weeks ago, moron."
"Oh, well whoever that is SUCKS!"

Pete
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I'll stick with the Mr. Forbes. At least he doesn't shout some belligerent nonsense out every 30 seconds or spill his beer all over me.

The pompous are much quieter and more polite, albeit not knowing much about what they are watching.

They both know nothing about what they are watching, but at least Mr. Forbes is quiet about it.

"Rozsíval, you suck!"
Exactly. The guy reading Forbes isn't interfering with anyone's ability to enjoy the game. The idiots in the 400's, you can't ignore stupidity like that. It permeates the air like the stench of a hobo on the subway with no AC in July.

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Exactly.

Hell, I've sat in the 200's for games and listened to two "suits" talk (quietly, mind you) about the game or about something going on and one mention something to the other that's wrong. I don't always interject but every so often I'll correct them and you know what happens? They thank me, invite me into the conversation and go on being genuinely pleasant people to be around. I have no issue conversing with people like that.

After the game, you think either is going to make an effort to learn more about the game? No, not likely, but what does it matter? At least I left dry, not smelling like stale beer and covered in residual crumbs from whatever the cretins were eating up in the 400's.

So Nashty
03-11-2011, 03:13 PM

"Rozsíval, you suck!"

:+1:

hate sitting above the 200's

Ba Ba Bluey
03-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Exactly.

Hell, I've sat in the 200's for games and listened to two "suits" talk (quietly, mind you) about the game or about something going on and one mention something to the other that's wrong. I don't always interject but every so often I'll correct them and you know what happens? They thank me, invite me into the conversation and go on being genuinely pleasant people to be around. I have no issue conversing with people like that.

After the game, you think either is going to make an effort to learn more about the game? No, not likely, but what does it matter? At least I left dry, not smelling like stale beer and covered in residual crumbs from whatever the cretins were eating up in the 400's.

As a "cretin", I guess all that can be said is to each his own

So Nashty
03-11-2011, 03:19 PM
the last time i sat in the 400's a guy was literally throwing peanut shells into some girls hoodie 3 rows below him.

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 03:23 PM
As a "cretin", I guess all that can be said is to each his own

Well, that's the thing — if you're the type who goes for the camaraderie, the 400's are the place to be. It's a social event up there, as most know one another very well, so you're watching the game with folks like you who are entertained by that kind of thing.

I'm not. I want to watch the game in quiet (chants, etc. aside). The most obnoxious thing at a game to me is a loud mouth screaming at the ice as though the players can actually hear him, care about what he's saying or because his friends think it's funny.

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
the last time i sat in the 400's a guy was literally throwing peanut shells into some girls hoodie 3 rows below him.

The last time I went a guy in the 400's dumped his entire beer out over the balcony over the 315 section and poured it on two or three guys who were incensed over it (obviously) and ready to kill him. The fat guy above started screaming at them, challenging them to come up, so both guys went to go up the isle to go up there, but security came in immediately (whole scene escalated over a few minutes of shouting back and forth before said beer was dumped) and took all three of them out.

I was pissed. I wanted to see fatty get his ass handed to him and/or thrown over the railing. LOL.

So Nashty
03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
The last time I went a guy in the 400's dumped his entire beer out over the balcony over the 315 section and poured it on two or three guys who were incensed over it (obviously) and ready to kill him. The fat guy above started screaming at them, challenging them to come up, so both guys went to go up the isle to go up there, but security came in immediately (whole scene escalated over a few minutes of shouting back and forth before said beer was dumped) and took all three of them out.

I was pissed. I wanted to see fatty get his ass handed to him and/or thrown over the railing. LOL.

damn instigator rule!

the girl who had her hoodie filled with peanut shells was with another female friend. I hadnt noticed what was going on until one of the other fans told the guy to stop (and eventually got the usher). Would have loved to see the guy get his ass kicked. How big of a POS do you have to be to do something like that though, seriously...?

Ba Ba Bluey
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, that's the thing — if you're the type who goes for the camaraderie, the 400's are the place to be. It's a social event up there, as most know one another very well, so you're watching the game with folks like you who are entertained by that kind of thing.

I'm not. I want to watch the game in quiet (chants, etc. aside). The most obnoxious thing at a game to me is a loud mouth screaming at the ice as though the players can actually hear him, care about what he's saying or because his friends think it's funny.

Im the "type" that is 24 years old and can only afford seasons in the 400's.

I go to watch my Rangers. I go to watch the sport I love.

I dont go for the "camaraderie" or "social event". I dont let some assclown in Row F ruin my good time.

You guys have your opinions about the 400's which is cool, just try not to lump us all together into one category of scumbags and douchers.

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM

I dont go for the "camaraderie" or "social event". I dont let some assclown in Row F ruin my good time.

You guys have your opinions about the 400's which is cool, just try not to lump us all together into one category of scumbags and douchers.

I don't. I just know that generally speaking it's where you'll find more douche bags than not, and every time I've sat there I was miserable.

Pete
03-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd rather listen on the radio than sit in the 400's, but I respect that others enjoy sitting there.

So Nashty
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
ide rather sit at home where a 6pack of beer costs what a cup of beer costs at the garden. the bathroom is always empty and my big screen tv is no more than 10 ft away from me ;)

Phil in Absentia
03-11-2011, 03:55 PM
ide rather sit at home where a 6pack of beer costs what a cup of beer costs at the garden. the bathroom is always empty and my big screen tv is no more than 10 ft away from me ;)

Hell yes. Rep for this man.

So Nashty
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
we need a raise the roof smiley.

just sayin.

Pete
03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
And just as quickly, the rep is taken away.

So Nashty
03-11-2011, 03:58 PM
And just as quickly, the rep is taken away.

Cant touch this naaa naa naa naaa

Pete
03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
:rofl:

Shane Falco
03-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't mind a lively section, but there's only so much I can handle. When they disregard everyone around them with their childish antics it just ruins it for me. I've sat in the 200's, 300's, and 400's. We all know the 400's are probably the worst in that regard but I have sat with some pretty cool people in that section in the past. I can't believe some of the things you guys have witnessed during games. The beer pouring and peanut story was just :palm:

People suck. Most of the time I can only afford upper 300 to 400 level seats, which is fine by me.

Blue Heaven
03-11-2011, 04:12 PM

:+1:

Blue Heaven
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Seriously you find what you guys are describing at EVERY SINGLE GAME IN ANY SPORT in the cheaper seats. You go to a Yankees game and sit with the animals there that pay $20 a tix will be different if youre sitting at the same game who spent $350 a ticket. Higher priced seats = "more class", Lower priced seats = "more blue collar, disregard, feel they can get wasted group"

Pete
03-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Seriously you find what you guys are describing at EVERY SINGLE GAME IN ANY SPORT in the cheaper seats. You go to a Yankees game and sit with the animals there that pay $20 a tix will be different if youre sitting at the same game who spent $350 a ticket. Higher priced seats = "more class", Lower priced seats = "more blue collar, disregard, feel they can get wasted group"

Truth. That's why I don't go to live sporting events unless my tickets are more expensive and given to me for free. :D

EdMc28
03-11-2011, 07:15 PM

lol the guy in row f in our section gets so mad so easily about this team

EdMc28
03-11-2011, 07:17 PM
http://rangers2011.io-media.com/

next years chart

Respecttheblue
03-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Not sure if this was posted here — so I'll credit old buddy Wolfgaze from another time and place — but MSG sports is doing rather well, with profits up 40%

It would be interesting to find out what part is most driving the profit growth, whether its TV advertising (rate increases?), ticket sales? merchandise sales? other? :

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110304-709178.html

Madison Square Garden Inc.'s (MSG) fourth-quarter profit jumped 40% on strength in its media and sports segments,

I haven't had as many free tix come my way as I did last year, that's for sure. With other home repair bills to pay, this falls into the class of fugeddaboudit discretionary spending right now. Besides, the Dolans are getting about $127 a month from me already, so the revenue stream to MSG is there, one way or another.

Phil in Absentia
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
@NYP_Brooksie: According to longtime NYR season subscriber, MSG is not allowing downgrades. Either pay new price or forfeit tickets. Brutal, just brutal.

Pete
03-16-2011, 01:58 PM
That's a fucking joke right there. I'd give up my seasons on principle. They ain't filling that arena, especially if we don't make the post.

Phil in Absentia
03-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Same. It's one thing to raise ticket prices and ask that folks understand that the rise is coming because of renovation costs, etc., but to refuse to allow long-time season-ticket holders to downgrade (likely because they can't afford the new prices) is ridiculous.

I'd give them up in protest, too, and ask that as many people as I knew who were in a similar position do the same.

NYRangers92
03-16-2011, 02:03 PM
holy shit did Dan Snyder buy the team or something?

Phil in Absentia
03-16-2011, 02:03 PM
@NYP_Brooksie: Any NYR ticket-buying fan who supports ownership/NHL in next round of labor negotiations aimed at lowering cap should have head examined.

Ba Ba Bluey
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
How come MSG doesnt have seats directly on the glass?

They have that dumbass gap..

I am Scags
03-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I think it all stems back to the way the place was designed some 45 years ago. its weird oval configuration always meant that you were not directly on the glass other then on each end. I believe in this renovated garden they will fix that.

EdMc28
03-16-2011, 05:03 PM
@NYP_Brooksie: According to longtime NYR season subscriber, MSG is not allowing downgrades. Either pay new price or forfeit tickets. Brutal, just brutal.

question should be are there any seats to downgrade to?

EdMc28
03-16-2011, 05:05 PM
I think it all stems back to the way the place was designed some 45 years ago. its weird oval configuration always meant that you were not directly on the glass other then on each end. I believe in this renovated garden they will fix that.

nope its still going to have that gap according to the 3d seating chart. I hope they still let everyone go into the lower bowl for pre game like they do now.

Blue Heaven
03-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Why am I being charged for 41 games next season? I thought MSG wont be ready in time for the start of the season and the Rangers are gonna play their exhibition games on the road and in Europe AND opening the season in Europe. Wouldnt the Rangers have 40 home games next season?

Mike
03-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Why am I being charged for 41 games next season? I thought MSG wont be ready in time for the start of the season and the Rangers are gonna play their exhibition games on the road and in Europe AND opening the season in Europe. Wouldnt the Rangers have 40 home games next season?

probably get a refund for the game or put it towards playoff tickets.

Niko
03-17-2011, 02:07 PM

I had seasons in the 400's for a few years. Full seasons. It got to the point where I'd rather have an 8 game package in the 100's then full seasons in the 400's. I just can't stomach sitting up there. I hate the view, the general type of fan that sits up there, the lack of concessions, etc.

It is what it is though. Different strokes for different folks.

Blue Heaven
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
just spoke to a season tix rep, he said that its not confirmed for Europe and hasnt heard about it. No pre-season games at the garden.

Pete
03-17-2011, 02:30 PM
just spoke to a season tix rep, he said that its not confirmed for Europe and hasnt heard about it. No pre-season games at the garden.
Sure, right.

Niko
03-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Sure, right.

Right from the horses Mouth. Peetie worked in MSG. He's hip to their scumbaggery and douchebaggery.

Pete
03-17-2011, 02:51 PM
We shared a floor with Season Subs. They will do anything it takes to get your money. That's why I told you not to let them hold you hostage for the Rangers Tix when you bought your Knicks package. You didn't listen.

Niko
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
We shared a floor with Season Subs. They will do anything it takes to get your money. That's why I told you not to let them hold you hostage for the Rangers Tix when you bought your Knicks package. You didn't listen.

I sold allt he Rangers games anyway so it didn't matter. I have tix for this Tuesday, but other then that, I dumped them all. I think MSG has officially priced me out though. Knicks tix going up 49% is just too much. I'd love to go, but I can't afford that shit. And for Rangers tix. I'll just go 2 or 3x a year in my companies seats for free.

BlueJay
03-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Posted there Nik and sent you a pm :)

NYR2711
03-17-2011, 04:14 PM
I just got screwed by the Rangers and am totally pissed off right now. I just finally got my Playoff invoice, and I noticed that they moved my seats and they didn't even call me before hand to tell me. So I called my rep to ask why, and he claims that I should have been called and told and that they are moving quicker with the construction than they thought. I am not too pissed about that because they only moved me three rows down, and after seeing the prices, Im not getting them now anyway, $92 for the first round in the 300's. What did piss me off royally is that he told me I am also being moved now for the final game of the season, to a section across from the one I have, and away from everyone in my section I am friends with. I was never told about this, and nothing against anyone in the other section, but I really dont want to now be stuck next to some drunk that can't act human when they drink and that is an asshole. Plus, I don't want to show up to the game and find out that they sold those seats to someone else, I have seen this happen before to other people that had season tickets in the next section over from us, only to show up at the first game and find out that their seats were removed and replaced with the wheel chair section. I also don't know how they found extra seats at the end of the season for the final game of the season against the Devils, on a Saturday afternoon. And then he told me for next season, the first half of the season I will have to sit in other sections, yes plural, or pick from a small choice or just take the second half of the season and sit in my regular seats, still without being informed prior to this from anyone that worked at the Garden. I am now waiting to hear back from my rep to see if they can find anything in or next to my current section for the final game. This also inconveniences my wife because where we sit right now is the second to last row, and we put my sons stuff behind the guy who sits behind me, who we know, and it keeps his stuff dry and out of the way. I am just totally aggravated with this.

Pete
03-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Things like this are the reason I gave up my tix. That, and the team sucked. Seeing the team live, even if they were good, is not worth the outright slap in the face that Dolan gives fans.

Greggy Gloom
03-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd like to call up and make them think I am interested in seasons, get them to spew their BS and record the entire conversation, then put it on my blog. It would probably blow people's minds.

NYR2711
03-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Things like this are the reason I gave up my tix. That, and the team sucked. Seeing the team live, even if they were good, is not worth the outright slap in the face that Dolan gives fans.

Exactly. My problem may sound small, but it does affect us big because of my son. We usually bring a small stroller that folds up for him to sleep in on the way home, he is only 9 months old, and too small to sleep in the seats of the train, and now we can't bring it because we are being put in the middle of the section. Plus, it would have been nice to at least be called to let me know that I was being moved.

Shane Falco
03-18-2011, 06:54 AM
I'd like to call up and make them think I am interested in seasons, get them to spew their BS and record the entire conversation, then put it on my blog. It would probably blow people's minds.

Do it. That would be awesome.

BlueJay
03-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Thats illegal lol.

Greggy Gloom
03-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Do it. That would be awesome.

I would need a list of questions from members here, stuff they want asked. I'm pretty good at ad-libing but I want backup.

Thats illegal lol.

That's another concern I have. Is it still illegal even if it's not something I plan on using in court? Or isn't it legal if there is a third party present? I need to know this stuff in case I publish it and it goes viral. LOL

G1000
03-18-2011, 12:36 PM
I would need a list of questions from members here, stuff they want asked. I'm pretty good at ad-libing but I want backup.

That's another concern I have. Is it still illegal even if it's not something I plan on using in court? Or isn't it legal if there is a third party present? I need to know this stuff in case I publish it and it goes viral. LOL

It would be entrapment with intent to libel.

Greggy Gloom
03-18-2011, 02:11 PM

Well that sucks.

Shane Falco
03-18-2011, 02:47 PM

Damn.. the thoughts of it being something along those lines came to me after my initial comment. :(

Sucks indeed.

NYR2711
03-18-2011, 03:12 PM

It is illegal to call and tape someone for public use without their consent. Thats why all these "prank" phone calls on the radio are fake, they need permission first before they can do them.

Pete
03-18-2011, 03:55 PM
It is illegal to call and tape someone for public use without their consent. Thats why all these "prank" phone calls on the radio are fake, they need permission first before they can do them.

I always thought they got permission after the fact, but if they couldn't get that permission, they didn't use the recording...

G1000
03-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I always thought they got permission after the fact, but if they couldn't get that permission, they didn't use the recording...

This.

Ba Ba Bluey
03-18-2011, 06:18 PM

You are correct.

I used to work for the Stern show. They call back after the fact and beg for consent.

Almost all of the guys I knew that pranked had disclaimers on their voicemail saying "by leaving a message, they could/would use your message as needed."

EdMc28
03-19-2011, 12:10 AM
I just got screwed by the Rangers and am totally pissed off right now. I just finally got my Playoff invoice, and I noticed that they moved my seats and they didn't even call me before hand to tell me. So I called my rep to ask why, and he claims that I should have been called and told and that they are moving quicker with the construction than they thought. I am not too pissed about that because they only moved me three rows down, and after seeing the prices, Im not getting them now anyway, $92 for the first round in the 300's. What did piss me off royally is that he told me I am also being moved now for the final game of the season, to a section across from the one I have, and away from everyone in my section I am friends with. I was never told about this, and nothing against anyone in the other section, but I really dont want to now be stuck next to some drunk that can't act human when they drink and that is an asshole. Plus, I don't want to show up to the game and find out that they sold those seats to someone else, I have seen this happen before to other people that had season tickets in the next section over from us, only to show up at the first game and find out that their seats were removed and replaced with the wheel chair section. I also don't know how they found extra seats at the end of the season for the final game of the season against the Devils, on a Saturday afternoon. And then he told me for next season, the first half of the season I will have to sit in other sections, yes plural, or pick from a small choice or just take the second half of the season and sit in my regular seats, still without being informed prior to this from anyone that worked at the Garden. I am now waiting to hear back from my rep to see if they can find anything in or next to my current section for the final game. This also inconveniences my wife because where we sit right now is the second to last row, and we put my sons stuff behind the guy who sits behind me, who we know, and it keeps his stuff dry and out of the way. I am just totally aggravated with this.

wow that absolutely sucks. This is why i wish we just got a whole brand new building, i can only imagine whats going to happen to me next summer.

On another note if you pay for your playoff tickets AND Next season by next week you get 10% off this years playoff tickets. How nice of MSG

NYR2711
03-19-2011, 03:08 PM
wow that absolutely sucks. This is why i wish we just got a whole brand new building, i can only imagine whats going to happen to me next summer.

On another note if you pay for your playoff tickets AND Next season by next week you get 10% off this years playoff tickets. How nice of MSG

I have an update, my rep called me back yesterday and told me he can't get me back in my section for the Devils game at the end of the season, and gave me a couple of options. He told me that they could refund me the money for the game, which I told him that I had already planned on going to the game and wanted to go, or I could sit in either section 346 or section 229. I told him Ill take section 229 and try them out and I told him I wasnt happy with the way I was treated and after being a subscriber for 10 years I didnt feel like a valued member. So then he offered me food vouchers to go along with it, which I said yes too. Im still pissed with what happened and how I was treated, but I did get a free upgrade and mine and my wifes diner for free that day. I still don't think I am getting playoff tickets and spending that amount on them. My rep is supposed to stop by my seats Tuesday to talk with me, lets see what he says then. I am still hoping that I don't show up to someone sitting in my seats that game, I have no faith in the Garden not double selling the same seats.

NYR2711
03-19-2011, 03:09 PM

I had heard that the FCC cracked down even harder on these stations, and that is why you hardly ever hear them anymore. I know a couple of years ago this was true, but I think over the last 5 years they have cracked down even harder to where these stations have to get permission before they even do the prank call, in case something goes wrong and the station can't get back in touch with the person.

EdMc28
03-19-2011, 03:12 PM
I have an update, my rep called me back yesterday and told me he can't get me back in my section for the Devils game at the end of the season, and gave me a couple of options. He told me that they could refund me the money for the game, which I told him that I had already planned on going to the game and wanted to go, or I could sit in either section 346 or section 229. I told him Ill take section 229 and try them out and I told him I wasnt happy with the way I was treated and after being a subscriber for 10 years I didnt feel like a valued member. So then he offered me food vouchers to go along with it, which I said yes too. Im still pissed with what happened and how I was treated, but I did get a free upgrade and mine and my wifes diner for free that day. I still don't think I am getting playoff tickets and spending that amount on them. My rep is supposed to stop by my seats Tuesday to talk with me, lets see what he says then. I am still hoping that I don't show up to someone sitting in my seats that game, I have no faith in the Garden not double selling the same seats.

The Minnesota game a few weeks ago it took them 3 tries to scan my ticket and let me in so who knows with the way they run things there

NYR2711
03-19-2011, 03:20 PM
The Minnesota game a few weeks ago it took them 3 tries to scan my ticket and let me in so who knows with the way they run things there

Exactly, and at first the guy wasnt going to send me new tickets, so I told him listen you need to send me tickets that at least say I should now be sitting in these seats. He offered me a suite, but what fun is a suite with just me and my wife and son, and I know they werent throwing in food and drinks. If I could have gotten more people in with me, I would have gone that route, but I knew that was pushing it, lol. Ill take what they are giving me know, but Im still not 100% happy. I was tempted to say make me one of the Blueshirts Off Our Backs reciptiants.

EdMc28
03-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Exactly, and at first the guy wasnt going to send me new tickets, so I told him listen you need to send me tickets that at least say I should now be sitting in these seats. He offered me a suite, but what fun is a suite with just me and my wife and son, and I know they werent throwing in food and drinks. If I could have gotten more people in with me, I would have gone that route, but I knew that was pushing it, lol. Ill take what they are giving me know, but Im still not 100% happy. I was tempted to say make me one of the Blueshirts Off Our Backs reciptiants.

lol thats what they gave me a few weeks ago and they even messed that up. Our suite was locked with a sign that said go to this suite which had food and beer in it. This is at like 11:30 so we all ate and drank for that hour before the game and at like 12:25 the real ticket holders for that suite showed up and flipped out that we ate all their food. Than we walked by to the original suite and sure enough it was open with nothing in it.

NYR2711
03-19-2011, 03:36 PM
lol thats what they gave me a few weeks ago and they even messed that up. Our suite was locked with a sign that said go to this suite which had food and beer in it. This is at like 11:30 so we all ate and drank for that hour before the game and at like 12:25 the real ticket holders for that suite showed up and flipped out that we ate all their food. Than we walked by to the original suite and sure enough it was open with nothing in it.

Thats exactly why I didnt take the suite. If I am at the game, I am there so I dont have to watch the game on TV or so that I have good seats to watch it.

Greggy Gloom
03-20-2011, 10:27 AM
It's funny seeing all you guys sit around and complain about prices. No one is holding a gun to your head, you know. If you don't like the cost, don't go to games. It's only understandable if you've been a season ticket holder for twenty+ years and know nothing else but 41 Ranger games a year. But for the younger guys, why waste your money? This is a want not a need. If you go to the games and willingly pay the egregious prices, then don't say anything.

NYR2711
03-20-2011, 10:42 AM
I dont get playoff tickets because they are too expensive, but the regular season I buy. Yeah it is expensive, but so is everything else, so I dont mind too much paying those prices. My problem wasnt with ticket prices, it was that they moved me without telling me for the last home game, and I have season tickets.

Niko
03-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Who's your account rep? Steve C. really screwed me this year.

NYR2711
03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I had Oliver, now I have someone named Dan.

I am Scags
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
It's funny seeing all you guys sit around and complain about prices. No one is holding a gun to your head, you know. If you don't like the cost, don't go to games. It's only understandable if you've been a season ticket holder for twenty+ years and know nothing else but 41 Ranger games a year. But for the younger guys, why waste your money? This is a want not a need. If you go to the games and willingly pay the egregious prices, then don't say anything.

I been saying this the whole time on the other board as well.

RichieNextel305
03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Feel free to merge. Computers moving slow. Just didn't see a thread on this yet.

As of last night, the back rows of the 300's level behind the nets and in the corners opposite the TV cameras were eliminated and a wall was put up.

EdMc28
03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Feel free to merge. Computers moving slow. Just didn't see a thread on this yet.

As of last night, the back rows of the 300's level behind the nets and in the corners opposite the TV cameras were eliminated and a wall was put up.

Took a pic of it last night

http://a.yfrog.com/img612/1483/hjjph.jpg

RichieNextel305
03-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Pretty bizzare to see this all unfolding, and to know my seat 2 years from now will be a luxury box. Weird.

EdMc28
03-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Pretty bizzare to see this all unfolding, and to know my seat 2 years from now will be a luxury box. Weird.

are your seats affected by the construction this year or early next year at all?

So Nashty
03-31-2011, 03:21 PM
cant wait to see the final product

RichieNextel305
04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW4UCfk0cOA

Merge, if necessary.

RichieNextel305
04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
are your seats affected by the construction this year or early next year at all?

Nah I'm good for next year, thankfully. One more year in 305, before I become RichieNextel414 or something, lol.

EdMc28
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Nah I'm good for next year, thankfully. One more year in 305, before I become RichieNextel414 or something, lol.

hopefully we can all afford our seats in the "new" place

I am Scags
04-26-2011, 01:57 AM
I also just noticed that the Liberty will also be playing there home games in Newark this summer so the lower bowl portion of the renovation will have no interference. And I assume there are no concerts scheduled either.
Hopefully they will provide some decent progress pictures as the summer moves on.

I am Scags
04-26-2011, 02:01 AM
hopefully we can all afford our seats in the "new" place

Well I will say that unless you have even bigger pockets or get the ticket via a client or something, you're probably not going to get a decent seat downstairs anymore.
My only hope is that it becomes like Yankee Stadium did and some of the lower seats at Citi where the ticket market has essentially dried up and they can't charge the same prices they did 2 years ago. Its most likely doubtful given the address of the garden and how many less seats it has, but its nice to dream.

NYR2711
04-26-2011, 04:13 AM

My seats are gone for next season, so they moved me down to 201 and are charging me what I would normally pay for my seats.

RichieNextel305
04-29-2011, 03:47 AM
What section?

RichieNextel305
04-29-2011, 03:48 AM
http://twitpic.com/4qnf99

Looks like they've began ripping out some seats.

ThirtyONE
04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
wonder what it will look like next season? Im expecting a mess

RichieNextel305
04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
The seats in the arena, based on the pictures we've been shown, will be blue correct?

It'll be weird to not see the purple seats downstairs.

I am Scags
04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Its hard to tell from this rendering what color the new seats will be in the lower bowl.
http://www.msgtransformation.com/Transformation.aspx#

I do know I like everything about the look of the new bowl, steeper, better sightlines, the removal of those obstructive inner concourses, but the only I dislike is that fans are STILL not going to be on the glass along the sides. All other arenas have the fans on the glass, and yet here we have this supposed state of the art new arena with a whole new look and fans are still not directly on the glass.

I am Scags
04-29-2011, 03:43 PM
wonder what it will look like next season? Im expecting a mess

It won't be pretty, but the plan is to have the entire lower bowl and the lower concourse redone by the start of the season, and barring any major delays they should have that complete on time. So it may look like a construction zone, but work on the upper section and concourse really won't start again until this time next year.

NYR2711
04-29-2011, 05:25 PM
What section?

I am in section 301. I was told everything in the ends in the 300's are being ripped out.

NYR2711
04-29-2011, 05:26 PM
I just hope they have bathrooms and concession stands open next season. It was a pain in the ass when they only had a couple of bathrooms open and only 2 food courts open.

RichieNextel305
04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I'm probably right on the very edge of being ripped out. But, I'm safe for next year thankfully.

It'd be a nightmare for that bathroom outside of Gate 71 to be closed, which it likely will be. That bathroom has saved me numerous times from pissing all over myself, lol!

Ba Ba Bluey
04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Its hard to tell from this rendering what color the new seats will be in the lower bowl.

I do know I like everything about the look of the new bowl, steeper, better sightlines, the removal of those obstructive inner concourses, but the only I dislike is that fans are STILL
not going to be on the glass along the sides. All other arenas have the fans on the glass, and yet here we have this supposed state of the art new arena with a whole new look and fans are still not directly on the glass.

I've been saying the same thing. I don't get how you put all this money into a "state of the art" arena and not have seats on the glass. It's disgraceful..

EdMc28
04-29-2011, 11:42 PM
walked by MSG today, the entire box office area is boarded off.

Mike
04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
I've been saying the same thing. I don't get how you put all this money into a "state of the art" arena and not have seats on the glass. It's disgraceful..

the walkway is between the 1st row and glass. those seats,sections,tows are all removable. they would have to buy different bleacher seats to get them right on the glass. maybe they'll change them. they are probably that way for a reason, you can take that entire lower bowl away when there is a circus , dog show, track and field, etc ... keep in mind that the garden is used a lot more than a lot of these other venues.

EdMc28
04-30-2011, 12:12 AM
next years 3d seating chart for anyone that hasn't seen it

RichieNextel305
04-30-2011, 12:40 AM
I can't tell by that, so I'll ask it. Will the Rangers still enter from center ice, with the vistors entering from the corner? Or will each team have its own ramp by the bench?

I hope that its still us coming on from center with the vistors from the corner. I love that set-up.

EdMc28
04-30-2011, 01:07 AM
I can't tell by that, so I'll ask it. Will the Rangers still enter from center ice, with the vistors entering from the corner? Or will each team have its own ramp by the bench?

I hope that its still us coming on from center with the vistors from the corner. I love that set-up.

im pretty sure we will still be coming out from center or the bench because one of the perks from the event level suites was that you could watch the team walk from the locker room past the suites and onto the ice. The visitors who knows from that map they didn't include the zamboni gate either. I would think it would be the same

EdMc28
04-30-2011, 01:07 AM

im pretty sure we will still be coming out from center or the bench because one of the perks from the event level suites was that you could watch the team walk from the locker room past the suites and onto the ice. The visitors who knows from that map they didn't include the zamboni gate either. I would think it would be the same

ThirtyONE
04-30-2011, 03:12 AM
next years 3d seating chart for anyone that hasn't seen it

thats kind of cool. Basically it'll be half done.

thecurse0101
04-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Are the 400s not getting touched? It's the only place I can afford to sit lol.

Blue Heaven
04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Are the 400s not getting touched? It's the only place I can afford to sit lol.

after next season

I am Scags
05-03-2011, 03:07 AM
the walkway is between the 1st row and glass. those seats,sections,tows are all removable. they would have to buy different bleacher seats to get them right on the glass. maybe they'll change them. they are probably that way for a reason, you can take that entire lower bowl away when there is a circus , dog show, track and field, etc ... keep in mind that the garden is used a lot more than a lot of these other venues.

What I also think is the problem is that they kept the oval shape of the arena. I have thought they might have gone to a more straight and conventional seatings bowl but they kept the oval. You can still angle seats without angling entire sections, they've done it at a few of the new ballparks. I just think they should have the seating closer to the surface, and that stupid catwalk just above team benches is still there in front of seating, I hate thing.

EdMc28
05-09-2011, 07:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/228056_10150172721066432_611301431_7390041_403489_ n.jpg

ThirtyONE
05-10-2011, 01:02 AM
asbestos much?

Ba Ba Bluey
05-10-2011, 08:55 AM
asbestos much?

Was thinking the same thing. They are probably finding dead rats in that place the size of fat steve..

I am Scags
05-10-2011, 10:24 AM
What is the picture? All I'm getting is a red x.

Phil in Absentia
05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Place looks like they're getting it ready for a Demo Derby.

Jules
05-10-2011, 10:37 AM
What is the picture? All I'm getting is a red x.

A very dusty, rubble filled overview shot of the lower bowl and what used to be the center floor of the arena.

I am Scags
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Ok thanks.

I wish stupid MSG would update their site and post daily or weekly updates.

NYRangers92
05-10-2011, 11:04 AM
well considering the amount of dust and debris in the pic, i dont think taking pictures of this stage of the process is very flattering.

I am Scags
05-10-2011, 11:07 AM
well considering the amount of dust and debris in the pic, i dont think taking pictures of this stage of the process is very flattering.

True. I guess at the right time they will update, once they start installing the new lower bowl, etc.

So Nashty
05-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Was thinking the same thing. They are probably finding dead rats in that place the size of fat steve..

:rofl: that kid will live in infamy

+1

EdMc28
05-16-2011, 11:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UonAcuj_Fl0&feature=player_embedded

I am Scags
05-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Wow, thats cool. So strange to see it like that. So it appears they taken all the seats and walls away up until at least the 2nd inner concourse that separates the 200s from the 300s. They are still going to need to tear up that concrete thats there, especially since they are pitching the angle steeper. Will probably tear back and remove the concrete where the 100 and 200 seats were, remove that steel, and then place new steel up at a new angle, put in new prefab concrete seat sections, and then add the portals that will attach the new seating to the outer concourse.
I got to give them credit, this is no easy project, especially when you're dealing in such tight constraints around stuff that they can't damage and where there is no open roof to have large cranes bringing stuff in and out. Thats a lot of material and equipment that will need to be brought in and placed in such a small area.

So Nashty
05-17-2011, 12:51 AM
you work construction scags?

I am Scags
05-17-2011, 01:13 AM
you work construction scags?

Hey Sid, no but I've always had a fascination architecture and construction. I'm that little kid who always had all the big tonka trucks, the erector sets, lincoln logs, tons of legos.

I'm really in the wrong field and business. :rolleyes:

So Nashty
05-17-2011, 01:31 AM
haha what DO you do? if you dont mind me asking.

im about to get my associates in interior design so i have taken a few construction classes and I gotta say i really enjoy learning about that kind of stuff as well.

RichieNextel305
05-17-2011, 01:44 AM
It is beyond weird seeing the Garden look like that. I'm not sure how I'm gonna like it. Sure, it needed alittle facelift. I've been to a bunch of road buildings, and just arenas in general, to know that. But, I didn't think it needed all of this. It is a unique building. I just would have preferred seeing the concourses widened, and maybe some minor tweaks here and there. But, all of this? I'm gonna have to see it myself before I jump to any conclusions. I hate them eliminating the in-arena walk way. I loved that about MSG, and not one other arena really has it.

I just don't want to see the Garden turn into one of these generic new arenas. I want it to still keep its unique feel. I also hate eliminating the seat colors. All blue? Blah. Boring. Sure, teal and purple is an odd mix, but it was an identifiable aspect of MSG.

I'm sure its gonna be really cool. It'll look nice, and be nice. But, I'm not sure I'm behind the idea of it. Not that that matters one bit; just talking from a personal perspective. I really liked MSG. It had that home feeling. And I know what its like with the Mets, and you all do with the Yankees. Personally, I begged for years to see the Mets get a new park. And now that they have 1, and as fantastic as I think Citi Field is (its gorgeous) I find myself actually missing Shea a bit, because it felt more like a home than Citi has thus far.

Whatever. We'll see how it looks. But yeah, it is incredibly strange seeing the Garden pretty much demolished from the bottom up to the 100's.

So Nashty
05-17-2011, 01:45 AM
the garden was a dump IMO.

RichieNextel305
05-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Eh. I define a "dump" as the Coliseum, and the Garden wasn't even remotely close to being on that level.

Is/was it as nice as some of these new mid-to-late-90's arenas, or even the really new ones like the one in Newark? No. But, all of those arenas look almost identical.

I just liked MSG for what it was. I'm not saying it was flawless. It needs some renovation. No doubt about that. The sight lines in some areas were awful. The concourses were too narrow. Theres probably a bunch of other things.

But, to a complete overhaul? That is what I'm on the fence about, leaning toward believing it was kind of un-needed. Now, just like any other arena, we'll have our (Fill in your beer name here) Party Zone! And our $5 Trillion dollar suites. And alot of them. All over the place.

I just wish it was alittle scaled back. I'm probably in the minority here and I understand that. I just wish it wasn't this dramatic of a fix. I wish it wasn't being turned from a unique venue to another clone of an arena from just about every state in this country, and every province that houses an NHL or NBA team in Canada. But, thats just me.

NYRangers92
05-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah thats never gonna happen to any team with an owner that had no emotional investment in the team/arena prior to owning it. It all boils down to the business. The arena is Dolan's product, and hes doing what he can to squeeze every cent out of it, with no regard for the nostalgic fan.

RichieNextel305
05-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Not denying it. Just throwing out my .02, thats all.

So Nashty
05-17-2011, 03:01 AM
the garden def. had character and all of that. but as far as arena's go it was a dump and def. needed to be re-done.

how much nostalgia do you want? its in the same place and it will house the same team(s) its just getting a face lift.

Blue Heaven
05-17-2011, 08:34 AM
It is beyond weird seeing the Garden look like that. I'm not sure how I'm gonna like it. Sure, it needed alittle facelift. I've been to a bunch of road buildings, and just arenas in general, to know that. But, I didn't think it needed all of this. It is a unique building. I just would have preferred seeing the concourses widened, and maybe some minor tweaks here and there. But, all of this? I'm gonna have to see it myself before I jump to any conclusions. I hate them eliminating the in-arena walk way. I loved that about MSG, and not one other arena really has it.

I just don't want to see the Garden turn into one of these generic new arenas. I want it to still keep its unique feel. I also hate eliminating the seat colors. All blue? Blah. Boring. Sure, teal and purple is an odd mix, but it was an identifiable aspect of MSG.

I'm sure its gonna be really cool. It'll look nice, and be nice. But, I'm not sure I'm behind the idea of it. Not that that matters one bit; just talking from a personal perspective. I really liked MSG. It had that home feeling. And I know what its like with the Mets, and you all do with the Yankees. Personally, I begged for years to see the Mets get a new park. And now that they have 1, and as fantastic as I think Citi Field is (its gorgeous) I find myself actually missing Shea a bit, because it felt more like a home than Citi has thus far.

Whatever. We'll see how it looks. But yeah, it is incredibly strange seeing the Garden pretty much demolished from the bottom up to the 100's.

you do realize that this isnt the first renovation of the Garden?!?! There was a renovation done to "update" it 20 years ago.

Pete
05-17-2011, 08:44 AM
MSG is far from a dump.

I am Scags
05-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Eh. I define a "dump" as the Coliseum, and the Garden wasn't even remotely close to being on that level.

Is/was it as nice as some of these new mid-to-late-90's arenas, or even the really new ones like the one in Newark? No. But, all of those arenas look almost identical.

I just liked MSG for what it was. I'm not saying it was flawless. It needs some renovation. No doubt about that. The sight lines in some areas were awful. The concourses were too narrow. Theres probably a bunch of other things.

But, to a complete overhaul? That is what I'm on the fence about, leaning toward believing it was kind of un-needed. Now, just like any other arena, we'll have our (Fill in your beer name here) Party Zone! And our $5 Trillion dollar suites. And alot of them. All over the place.

I just wish it was alittle scaled back. I'm probably in the minority here and I understand that. I just wish it wasn't this dramatic of a fix. I wish it wasn't being turned from a unique venue to another clone of an arena from just about every state in this country, and every province that houses an NHL or NBA team in Canada. But, thats just me.

Ritchie, you also have to understand that this is a business. The Garden touts itself as the "worlds most famous arena", its in the middle of the media capital of the world, it has a definitively wealthy clientel base, so with 2 new arenas going up only 10 miles and less away as well as 3 new stadiums also within a short train ride, you honestly don't expect the garden to want to upgrade itself?
Dump is a harsh word. Nassau coliseumm is a dump, the old Boston Garden with its rat infestation and leaky floors despite its history was a dump. This current MSG was not a dump. However it was completely outdated, especially by the standards of where they play in NYC. MSG doesn't make all their money off your tickets alone I'm afraid to tell you, they make a majority them off of luxury suites, and by todays arena standards MSG was far behind.

I honestly believe that most hard liners whovever they are about MSG will like this renovation. It needed it. It needed a new look.

Ba Ba Bluey
05-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Definitely needed to be updated, I just hope it isnt overkill..

I am Scags
05-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Definitely needed to be updated, I just hope it isnt overkill..

I really don't think so. Overkill would be to just completely gut everything and make the entire thing new insise, which is not all true. They are expending on what already is a good palet. They're opening up walls that existed on concourses that didn't need to be there to open city views, they're making the bowl steeper for better sightlines, and taking away obstructive inner concourses that would serve no purpose now with wider outer concourses. To me it only makes sense.
Some overkill of course is the skywalks and playing surface suites, but that usually comes along with any major project.

And personally I hate to have to defend these finthly rotten rich assholes at MSG who I can't stand all the time, but this was the right thing to do that needed to be done eventually.

Ba Ba Bluey
05-17-2011, 11:57 AM
I really don't think so. Overkill would be to just completely gut everything and make the entire thing new insise, which is not all true. They are expending on what already is a good palet. They're opening up walls that existed on concourses that didn't need to be there to open city views, they're making the bowl steeper for better sightlines, and taking away obstructive inner concourses that would serve no purpose now with wider outer concourses. To me it only makes sense.
Some overkill of course is the skywalks and playing surface suites, but that usually comes along with any major project.

And personally I hate to have to defend these finthly rotten rich assholes at MSG who I can't stand all the time, but this was the right thing to do that needed to be done eventually.

The skywalk is what Im afraid of..

NYR2711
05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
The skywalk is what Im afraid of..

I think this will be open for maybe 2 or 3 weeks until some drunk either starts throwing stuff off of it at the players or falls off of it, and this goes for either the Rangers or Knicks fans.

So Nashty
05-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I think this will be open for maybe 2 or 3 weeks until some drunk either starts throwing stuff off of it at the players or falls off of it, and this goes for either the Rangers or Knicks fans.

im sure there will be some kind of safety precaution.

NYR2711
05-17-2011, 04:15 PM
im sure there will be some kind of safety precaution.

Im sure it will be open at the top some how. It wont take long before some moron throws a bottle of beer over the top when his team is losing.

Blue Heaven
05-17-2011, 04:16 PM

there is gonna be plexiglass to prevent that from happening

RichieNextel305
05-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah there is no shot in hell they'll leave ANYTHING open up there. Someone will be stupid enough one night to pour something, throw something or whatever.

EdMc28
05-25-2011, 07:04 PM
new site

http://msg.cordonmedia.com/msg.php

ThirtyONE
05-25-2011, 08:11 PM
whats the point of that site?

EdMc28
05-25-2011, 08:13 PM
whats the point of that site?

shows a new view of the bridges. That's what i got out of it

So Nashty
05-26-2011, 01:29 AM
that site is awful. i havent had to wait for a page to load on a website since like 1999

Ba Ba Bluey
05-26-2011, 09:20 AM
that site is awful. i havent had to wait for a page to load on a website since like 1999

This.

So are those prices listed for the suites per game? 1.5 mil a game to sit in a suite seems steep..

Phil in Absentia
05-26-2011, 09:26 AM

I don't wait longer than 5-7 seconds for anything to load. Any longer and I bounce. It's why I hate Flash so much.

This whole site was built in it. Not gonna bother.

G1000
05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
This.

So are those prices listed for the suites per game? 1.5 mil a game to sit in a suite seems steep..

I think that's the cost of each suite's construction

Jules
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
new site

http://msg.cordonmedia.com/msg.php

Not a bad website, but the loading is shit.

Ba Ba Bluey
05-26-2011, 09:44 AM
I think that's the cost of each suite's construction

makes more sense

Phil in Absentia
05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
The purpose of a website is to convey information quickly and effectively. If it takes longer than 3 seconds between clicks to load any information on your site, in today's age, you have failed. Considering it takes more than 30 seconds to load anything on that site, that site is an epic failure. Pretty, but an epic, epic failure.

I am Scags
05-26-2011, 11:21 AM
MSG has done a terrible job of contruction updates and progress. Same 14 lousy pictures on their transformation site. Would love to see what the place looks like right now and what they're working on.

Phil in Absentia
05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
MSG had done a terrible job at most everything involved with their broadcast, including picture, audio quality, HD availability, analyst selection, etc.

Captain Clutch
05-26-2011, 02:09 PM
dolan isn't looking for quality, he goes for the name. That's why the Ranger get guys like bill pido and all that shit. He'll hire a guy with a big name and pay him tons of money while cutting back on production value

Phil in Absentia
05-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Who was Bill Pidto?

Captain Clutch
05-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Who was Bill Pidto?

he worked for ESPN, that to dolan automatically makes him a big name

I am Scags
05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
MSG had done a terrible job at most everything involved with their broadcast, including picture, audio quality, HD availability, analyst selection, etc.

Yep.

And really 20 years ago MSG was the gold standard of regional sports networks. Granted there were only a few at the time compared to now, but they led the way.

Captain Clutch
05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
If you want to change it, msg needs to hiew new faces and a new graphics crew. then they need to let the people they hire pitch and make the shows, especially the sports related ones. You need guys from the area, and not just Ranger fans. You need guys who like all sports and all teams. Yes it's a station for Hockey and Basketball, but you need different perspectives on it from every angle for the channel to work. Dolan is so afraid of his company insulting him or their teams that they lock everything down

Phil in Absentia
05-26-2011, 02:47 PM
They remind me of Adam Sandler in Billy Madison. Driving up to high school 12 years later in the same jean jacket and posing on the roof of their dated red sports car thinking "this is still cool, right?"

I am Scags
05-26-2011, 02:48 PM
They remind me of Adam Sandler in Billy Madison. Driving up to high school 12 years later in the same jean jacket and posing on the roof of their dated red sports car thinking "this is still cool, right?"

I did like the car though..lol

Phil in Absentia
05-26-2011, 02:50 PM
True, but you know what I mean. Guys who don't "get it".

Captain Clutch
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
True, but you know what I mean. Guys who don't "get it".

that's how the station is. I mean, i understand hanging onto sam rosen, keeping your guys hired and with jobs. I have no problems with that at all, but you need fresh faces. You need to hire guys, let them do their job, just give them an outline for it.

RichieNextel305
05-26-2011, 06:53 PM
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=907471&page=11

New photos of the renovations. Pretty insane. Sorry, only link I could find.

Morphinity
05-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Holy shit, that's so cool. Why are they installing a temporary roof?

EdMc28
05-26-2011, 10:41 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/23ro4uh.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/xo4gg3.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/9k2xvr.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/hrn0p1.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/hrn0p1.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/v76v10.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2mhwgb8.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/156preo.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2m7u921.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/1z5oinn.jpg

EdMc28
05-26-2011, 10:41 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/34obxn7.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/m8fpuh.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/rrv8z5.jpg

RichieNextel305
05-26-2011, 10:44 PM
The photos of the temporary roof on down are all older. The in-arena shots and the work by Gate 54 and 65 are new.

Blue Heaven
05-27-2011, 09:42 AM

A couple more photos of the outside stone walls being removed

So Nashty
05-27-2011, 12:48 PM
are they removing the outside facade completely? or just taking it down to do some work?

G1000
05-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Wow - that's INSANE. So much done in a month?

So Nashty
05-27-2011, 12:56 PM
yea they must have a ton of people working on this all hours of the day

I am Scags
05-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Good stuff.
Yea they probably have 2 shifts or more doing this thing. Lets not forget that in this first phase you're going to see new suites added on the playing level, a whole new steeper angled lower bowl, so they need to get a lot done in a matter of 3 months, maybe a little more.

I am Scags
05-27-2011, 02:12 PM

This is an older picture but I do take some intererst in it. It appears that this may be one of the escalators going up to the low concourse. The one thing I've always disliked about MSG is that you only get in 2 ways, to the left or to the right as you're looking at th box office. They need or needed to build a new way to get up besides having to crawl up one of those multiple escalators, maybe this is another alternate route.

ThirtyONE
05-27-2011, 02:14 PM
MSG is going to look really weird next season but Im starting to become excited for the finished product.

Morphinity
05-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm shocked that this is going to be ready. They're absolutely gutting this place.

I am Scags
05-27-2011, 03:31 PM
are they removing the outside facade completely? or just taking it down to do some work?

From some of the models I have seen it appears that most of the Gardens facade is going to remain, but their will be openings on a few sides so that on each concourse level you can see out to the city. I originally thought they would open them up all the way around but it appears it will only be in certain sections. But it also appears that each concourse will be much wider and higher.

I am Scags
05-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm shocked that this is going to be ready. They're absolutely gutting this place.

It looks daunting, but I believe this first stage should be fine. Who knows how old those pictures are because they may have all that lower level steel and concrete already removed.

So Nashty
05-27-2011, 03:36 PM
From some of the models I have seen it appears that most of the Gardens facade is going to remain, but their will be openings on a few sides so that on each concourse level you can see out to the city. I originally thought they would open them up all the way around but it appears it will only be in certain sections. But it also appears that each concourse will be much wider and higher.

If I was the designer/architect I would get rid of the facade. I know its home and all of that but the garden is hideous from the outside.

I am Scags
05-27-2011, 03:46 PM
If I was the designer/architect I would get rid of the facade. I know its home and all of that but the garden is hideous from the outside.

Yea I would remove it as well. Granted I don't have an idea on what i would do differently so that it blends in with surrounding city, but I would do it differently.

So Nashty
05-27-2011, 03:53 PM
yea im not sure what would look good but i would def. try something else

ThirtyONE
05-27-2011, 04:23 PM

I dont see how the concourses can get much wider without widening the actual building... Is it all due to the steeper grade seating? How are they doing that?

EdMc28
05-27-2011, 07:20 PM

This is an older picture but I do take some intererst in it. It appears that this may be one of the escalators going up to the low concourse. The one thing I've always disliked about MSG is that you only get in 2 ways, to the left or to the right as you're looking at th box office. They need or needed to build a new way to get up besides having to crawl up one of those multiple escalators, maybe this is another alternate route.

Go in the club entrance. So much easier and they don't care what type of ticket you have until the rest of the arena opens

Ba Ba Bluey
05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Yea I would remove it as well. Granted I don't have an idea on what i would do differently so that it blends in with surrounding city, but I would do it differently.

I remember hearing that MSG will be lit up kinda like how the new meadowlands does on game day. Green for the Jets and Blue for the giants, red/blue rangers and blue/orange Knicks...

Captain Clutch
05-31-2011, 03:36 PM
I remember hearing that MSG will be lit up kinda like how the new meadowlands does on game day. Green for the Jets and Blue for the giants, red/blue rangers and blue/orange Knicks...

that'd be awesome

NYRangers92
05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
it would look cool but I and many others would never get to see it if I came from the LIRR

EdMc28
05-31-2011, 03:54 PM
it would look cool but I and many others would never get to see it if I came from the LIRR

anyone coming from Penn station wouldn't see it

NYRangers92
05-31-2011, 03:59 PM
thats my point, which means a majority of the fans wont lol

Captain Clutch
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
anyone coming from Penn station wouldn't see it

just walk outside for 2 seconds :p