• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Christmas Thread

NYR2711

With Christmas 3 weeks away, what is everyone doing, where are you shopping(what sites/stores), what are you buying, what do you want. This is one of the biggest pain in the ass times of the year, so if you know any good sites with good deals, pass it a long. I am almost done with my shopping, I actually did most of my shopping online this year, usually I do half. It seems like this year there are more deals online and that they are lasting longer. I got a pretty good deal on nap socks for my wife on the Brookstone website. I got my son a table that has wooden tracks for the wooden trains and cars, but the thing that sucks is that we want to have it put together by Christmas morning, but I have to work Christmas Eve night until 11. I hope I am not up all night trying to get this thing put together. I am off Christmas Day, so at least I can play with him and his toys that day.

Foregoing Christmas this year. We'll likely drive up to Kristin's Mom's place to visit, but we're not exchanging gifts with anyone. Can't afford it with her still not working and with the wedding, etc. all just this past year.

Don't know if its my job, my lack of time in general or not being with my gf after nearly 8 years, but I've never felt the Christmas spirit less. It's kind of sad. I actually hope I have to work so I don't have to be bothered with it. I'm also glad I'm working NYE so now I don't have to worry about making plans or feel bad about myself, lol.

Sad, I know lol.

Don't know if its my job, my lack of time in general or not being with my gf after nearly 8 years, but I've never felt the Christmas spirit less. It's kind of sad. I actually hope I have to work so I don't have to be bothered with it. I'm also glad I'm working NYE so now I don't have to worry about making plans or feel bad about myself, lol.

Sad, I know lol.

Well, maybe the Mayans will be right and you'll get lucky.

Sad, I know lol.

Same. I rather buy myself gifts.

That being said..... No girlfriend to buy gifts for this year!

Sad, I know lol.

I know how you feel. I haven't really had a lot of Christmas Spirit since my mom died and I haven't really had my family. My in-laws annoy me, so I don't like to be around them either because they are so fake. That's usually why I work Holidays. I was actually able to get Christmas this year and next year as an IVD, and I only took it off for my son, but I never get to see any of my actual side of the family because they are busy with their families and go to different places. It sucks not having parents around for Christmas, especially when your in your early 30's.

I know how you feel. I haven't really had a lot of Christmas Spirit since my mom died and I haven't really had my family. My in-laws annoy me, so I don't like to be around them either because they are so fake. That's usually why I work Holidays. I was actually able to get Christmas this year and next year as an IVD, and I only took it off for my son, but I never get to see any of my actual side of the family because they are busy with their families and go to different places. It sucks not having parents around for Christmas, especially when your in your early 30's.

I'm sorry to hear that about your parents bro. It's always tough around the holidays without loved ones. My grandmother (who was like a second mother to me and lived with me my whole life) passed away a couple of weeks shy of Christmas about 10 years ago. It's always hard sitting down at the table for dinner and not seeing her there. At the same time though, I now have my daughter and have new traditions that begin which is always exciting. She's too young to understand right now, but I can't wait for next Christmas with all the excitement she's going to have.

As for me, the holidays are always chaotic for us. My wife and I both come from divorced families which means we have to accomodate 4 separate families. Of course everyone thinks they are the only one we need to please and no one takes into consideration what we want to do. This year I took a stand and told them all that we will do what we please. Let's see how this works out lol. As of right now, Christmas Eve with my Mom's family, Christmas Day with my Dad's family (was supposed to be Christmas day with my wife's Father, but he decided to not make the trip from NJ). Day after Christmas will be with my Mother-in-law and the weekend after Christmas we will be taking a trip to my Father-in-law's. It's mainly my Mother-in-law who makes a stink every year. She has no traditions and does next to nothing all year to help us with our daughter, while everyone else bends over backwards for us. Why should we accomodate her when she does jack shit for us?

I am traveling to America to spend Christmas with my fiancee and her parents on their farm in Michigan. It'll involve lots of food, some nice gifts will be exchanged (very excited about gifts I've found for them so far) and probably shooting some guns (LOL), going to the movies, seeing some other family. It'll be a good time and I look forward to it a lot.

Sad, I know lol.

Holy fuck, you're growing up!

I'm sorry to hear that about your parents bro. It's always tough around the holidays without loved ones. My grandmother (who was like a second mother to me and lived with me my whole life) passed away a couple of weeks shy of Christmas about 10 years ago. It's always hard sitting down at the table for dinner and not seeing her there. At the same time though, I now have my daughter and have new traditions that begin which is always exciting. She's too young to understand right now, but I can't wait for next Christmas with all the excitement she's going to have.

As for me, the holidays are always chaotic for us. My wife and I both come from divorced families which means we have to accomodate 4 separate families. Of course everyone thinks they are the only one we need to please and no one takes into consideration what we want to do. This year I took a stand and told them all that we will do what we please. Let's see how this works out lol. As of right now, Christmas Eve with my Mom's family, Christmas Day with my Dad's family (was supposed to be Christmas day with my wife's Father, but he decided to not make the trip from NJ). Day after Christmas will be with my Mother-in-law and the weekend after Christmas we will be taking a trip to my Father-in-law's. It's mainly my Mother-in-law who makes a stink every year. She has no traditions and does next to nothing all year to help us with our daughter, while everyone else bends over backwards for us. Why should we accomodate her when she does jack shit for us?

Thanks man, I look forward to Christmas with my son and having our traditions. I also know how you feel about going to 10 different places for Christmas. My Cousin does a small get together on Christmas Eve, and if I am off I go, my wife will go with my son without me when I have to work, but Christmas Day is a pain in the ass. We always have to go to one of my wifes aunts houses, they live in Williston Park, but before that, we have to go to her other Aunts house in Islandia. We usually have to be there by like noon, so its a rush to get there because we go to the cemetery every year for my parents, and we have to rush to get there, then rush to her Aunts house. Then we have to leave by 1 to go to Nassau for her other Aunts by 2-230, but before going there, we have to go home to feed the dogs. Its a real pain in the ass, and if we dont go, we have to hear her parents complain. We are lucking out this year because Christmas is actually at her moms house, so everyone will be there so we dont have to make any special trips besides the cemetery. When my son was first bron and my mom was alive, I had told my wife we would do his first Christmas at home, and have her immediate family and my mom so we can all celebrate together, and her cunt parents complained and said they couldnt come because they had to go to her Aunts house, which all of her Aunts either come late for dessert while they go to other families houses, or leave early for the same. Her mom wouldnt do that, and it started a huge fight. My mom died before that, so they got their way anyway, but they annoy me for Christmas. They cant think of anything on there own to get him, and they only get him like 1 or 2 things, and he is their only grand child. They just annoy the shit out of me.

I love Christmas. By far my favorite holiday.

Learned a long time ago that it doesn't make any sense to get upset over being pulled in so many directions. I won't let that ruin my holiday. I just mainly go with the flow, and sometimes we don't make 2-3 trips for a holiday, we just make 1. We don't commit to "this is what we always do on _______________". We decide every year what we'd rather do.

2 years ago when we got Baxter, we just went to 1 spot because we didn't want to drag around a 3 month old puppy with Kennel Cough. Anyone who didn't like it, too bad.

I am traveling to America to spend Christmas with my fiancee and her parents on their farm in Michigan. It'll involve lots of food, some nice gifts will be exchanged (very excited about gifts I've found for them so far) and probably shooting some guns (LOL), going to the movies, seeing some other family. It'll be a good time and I look forward to it a lot.

STOP IN NY!!

Thanks man, I look forward to Christmas with my son and having our traditions. I also know how you feel about going to 10 different places for Christmas. My Cousin does a small get together on Christmas Eve, and if I am off I go, my wife will go with my son without me when I have to work, but Christmas Day is a pain in the ass. We always have to go to one of my wifes aunts houses, they live in Williston Park, but before that, we have to go to her other Aunts house in Islandia. We usually have to be there by like noon, so its a rush to get there because we go to the cemetery every year for my parents, and we have to rush to get there, then rush to her Aunts house. Then we have to leave by 1 to go to Nassau for her other Aunts by 2-230, but before going there, we have to go home to feed the dogs. Its a real pain in the ass, and if we dont go, we have to hear her parents complain. We are lucking out this year because Christmas is actually at her moms house, so everyone will be there so we dont have to make any special trips besides the cemetery. When my son was first bron and my mom was alive, I had told my wife we would do his first Christmas at home, and have her immediate family and my mom so we can all celebrate together, and her cunt parents complained and said they couldnt come because they had to go to her Aunts house, which all of her Aunts either come late for dessert while they go to other families houses, or leave early for the same. Her mom wouldnt do that, and it started a huge fight. My mom died before that, so they got their way anyway, but they annoy me for Christmas. They cant think of anything on there own to get him, and they only get him like 1 or 2 things, and he is their only grand child. They just annoy the shit out of me.

We should start a "We hate our in-laws" club!. Or at least a thread for it...hahaha

Archived