• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

http://updates.gawker.com/post/34774128564/madison-square-garden-company-strong-arms-employees

Here?s an email I received from an anonymous source that was sent out yesterday to every employee under the MSG Company umbrella, including franchises like the New York Knicks and Rangers, Fuse TV channel and the MSG Network, and venues like the Beacon Theater. The gist of the message: We know your power?s out, your houses are crumbling, transportation is a mess, and that you?re suffering from myriad health issues, but if you don?t come to work you can kiss your vacation and personal days goodbye. (Emphasis mine)

Today, the MTA announced that several commuter railroad and subway services are beginning to operate, and that the City Transit bus service is now running as close to schedule as possible. In an effort to decrease traffic and speed people?s commute, it was also announced this afternoon that POV (personal vehicle) traffic across all East River bridges will be restricted to high occupancy vehicles from 6 a.m. to midnight Thursday and Friday, which means that you must have three or more people in the car. We have attached more below and, because this information is changing, would encourage you to monitor news reports or visit http://www.mta.info for the most recent updates.

As you know, there are several exciting things going on across the company, including our Friday night game against Miami, which we currently still expect to take place. In addition to this highly anticipated game, we are also preparing for the kick off of our Christmas Spectacular, upcoming shows at the Beacon and live game coverage by the Networks.

In order to ensure that we continue operating our business and are able to deliver the very best experience for our customers, we are asking employees to come to work. We recognize that many employees are impacted by the transportation issues as well as a lack of power, and that some are even dealing with personal damage and health issues. In the event that you need to make the personal decision that you are unable to come to work, you will need to notify your supervisor and take a personal or vacation day to cover the time off. As a reminder, the employee meeting, which was moved from Monday to Thursday, is now postponed, and we will let you know as soon as a new date has been set. The Meat Loaf performance scheduled for Thursday night at the Beacon Theatre has also been postponed. In addition, it was announced today that the Thursday night game between the Knicks and the Nets at Barclays Center has been canceled. Thank you, MSG Communications

Just more assholes completely tone deaf and out of touch with reality and whats happening around the area right now.

All they had to do was ask all employees who can make it to work try your best to get in, BUT in light of the situation right now in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy you will not be docked or charged for vacation days, and give them a 1 week amnesty from this.

Fucking assholes! Have they seen the damage in Brooklyn, Lomng Beach, Queens, NJ? I would bet half to maybe all of their employees come from the outer boroughs! People don't have power, trains are not running, taxis are not running because there is no gas!

A girl I work with lost her home and everything in it and her car, and she has to use her days to take off as well, as does her husband. Same with a couple of teachers that work with my wife. Two of them lost homes in Breezy Point, and have to use up their days. A lot of places are doing this, its nothing new, they always have done it.

A girl I work with lost her home and everything in it and her car, and she has to use her days to take off as well, as does her husband. Same with a couple of teachers that work with my wife. Two of them lost homes in Breezy Point, and have to use up their days. A lot of places are doing this, its nothing new, they always have done it.

Couldn't go regular sick?

Yes its a normal standard practice, but I think its a ridiculous way to do things. I can understand teachers (my wife is one) since they normally have off a month to two months every summer dependent on if they continue summer school, but to take vacation days that people may have already had set, especially when they may have lost everything or been displaced from their homes, is IMO cheap and petty by their employers. Have a little heart and decency on it. At worst give them half their used vacation days back at a later time.

Yes its a normal standard practice, but I think its a ridiculous way to do things. I can understand teachers (my wife is one) since they normally have off a month to two months every summer dependent on if they continue summer school, but to take vacation days that people may have already had set, especially when they may have lost everything or been displaced from their homes, is IMO cheap and petty by their employers. Have a little heart and decency on it. At worst give them half their used vacation days back at a later time.

It's the new American way...I'm currently dealing with it as well as my father.

It blows but unless you're in a union there isnt much you can do except bend over and take it.

Archived