• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dave Grohl Hints at Foo Fighters Hiatus

NYR2711

Sounds like we arent going to hear anything new from the Foo Fighters for a long time, this sucks, they are one of my favorite bands.

http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/66395

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl has delivered a clear indication that the band may be gone for a long time.

During the band's epic set at the massive Global Citizen Festival in New York's Central Park on Saturday (September 30), Grohl told the 60,000 crowd in attendance that "this is it", reports Billboard.

Before playing 'Learn To Fly', the group's fourth song of the night, Grohl said: "Without making a big deal out of it, we

don't have any shows after this. This is it, man. Honestly I don't know when we're gonna do it again?and this is the perfect place to do it."

From the FF Facebook page:

Hey everyone...

Dave here. Just wanted to write and thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for another incredible year. (Our 18th, to be exact!) We truly never could have done any of this without you...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Foo Fighters would make it this far. I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world.

Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...

But, no gold watches or vacations just yet... I'll be focusing all of my energy on finishing up my Sound City documentary film and album for worldwide release in the very near future. A year in the making, it could be the biggest, most important project I've ever worked on. Get ready... it's coming.

Me, Taylor, Nate, Pat, Chris, and Rami... I'm sure we'll all see you out there... somewhere...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Dave

Damn, this isn't good news. although, I'm pretty sure someday in the future they will be back together putting out records again. Just seems to be the way most bands do when they say "this is it." It's almost a period just to let the band rest, do other projects, then come back in 5 or 10 years with new kick ass material. At least I hope so! When I heard R.E.M. calling it quits, it got me all teary eyed. Almost killed a human when Blink 182 (my favorite band) split up, but I knew somehow they'd get back together.

Damn, this isn't good news. although, I'm pretty sure someday in the future they will be back together putting out records again. Just seems to be the way most bands do when they say "this is it." It's almost a period just to let the band rest, do other projects, then come back in 5 or 10 years with new kick ass material. At least I hope so! When I heard R.E.M. calling it quits, it got me all teary eyed. Almost killed a human when Blink 182 (my favorite band) split up, but I knew somehow they'd get back together.

Yup. Most groups get "the itch" to go at it again. FF have done so much over the last decade — you can't really blame them for wanting a break at this point, but it seems promising still that they'll rest up and come back recharged.

Wow, I didn't realize they have been around for 18 years. I love this band and am pissed I never got to see them live. This is one of the few bands I always wanted to see, but they always played on dates I wasn't available. I always listen to them and they are one of the few bands I have on my iPhone. I am gonna miss hearing new music from them and I hope this break isn't for too long. I am looking forward to Sound City though.

Archived