• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Film Theory: Why Movies are Great

Saucy Mitts

Use this thread to discuss why your otherwise bad movie is actually worth while in the traditional film space. Can you suggest why Twilight is worthy of being put on film? What makes The Graduate a piece of cinematic history? Feel free to discuss things that pique your interest or make you pissed off.

I have an appreciation for trying something new. A lot of people hate on The Blair Witch Project, but to me it was creative at the time, something new and different and maybe it wasn't awesome, but it was a first that a movie had a viral campaign like that.

I also have appreciation for the music. There are some very mediocre movies which are still worth watching because of the sound effects or the music.

Also: Anne Hathaway.

Yep, everyone talks about paranormal activity around me and tells me that blair witch project was horrible compared to it. I loved blair witch project because of the innovation. Definitely had a great time watching it.

What about the american pies?

Always gets horrible reviews. The only one I really hated was Band camp. I saw american reunion and loved the movie so much. I love movies that make me laugh, no matter how retarded and ridiculous they are. It's a movie where I feel relaxed watching.

Blair Witch to me is almost a text book on simple idea's being the most effective in film making. You have a situation that we've all been in, being in the dark, disoriented, paranoid, almost every human instinct betraying our own selves, our rationale completely obliterated, and they bottled it and sold it, and did it in the simplest and cheapest way.

You couldn't write Titanic, no one would believe it. That is why it was so complicated and expensive to make that film effective, and you had a master of the complicated and expensive making it.

Archived