• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

FOX's '24'

Morphinity 2.0

I can't seem to find the 24 thread. I was sure we had one.

Anyway, we can use this thread to discuss the best TV show to grace our television sets. Whether you're watching it for the first time, watching it again, or anticipating the movie that still hasn't been greenlit, post it here!

The reason that I started the 24 revival is because Jack Bauer reprises his role for a new ad:

http://www.adweek.com/video/acer-cupcakes-143127?auto

Easily one of my top-3 favorite shows of all-time. Was a total roller coaster ride for all eight seasons.

In fact, Howard Gordon, the producer for '24' is the reason I am watching Homeland now. He's also in charge of that, and just six episodes in I can already notice his touch on it.

There was no show that gripped me more than 24. Every week was a wild ride and it just kept building.

Another thing that was great about 24 is that you were guaranteed 24 episodes every season.

And, CC, you're right. Those were some golden times back then.

I think the fact that each episode of 24 ended in a cliffhanger and there was always a twist and turn made it amazing. That and they had three arcs each year to keep building upon to keep things fresh.

Just when you thought you had the show pigeonholed

Tony's death, oh wait he came back as an evil guy, oh wait he was a double triple agent

I was so sad when it ended.

FOX was at the peak of the market at the time, because the House/24 combo gave them the most lethal 1-2 punch in prime time television/drama at the time. That lasted for years, too.

Agreed and then both took a hit when House entered season four by shaking up the team but then it rebounded back and then 24 started to take a hit when at the beginning of Season 5

Palmer was assassinated

I still think that was one of the show's biggest mistakes but I understood why it happened. However, the Logan angle that was spun out of it was one of the better scripted elements of the show that year.

This show has been off the air for years, so I'm not sure why we're using spoiler tags, but for the sake of the geniuses who'd click to view this thread despite not having watched it through...

Tony's return was the single greatest season the show had, IMO. It came full circle on so many of the avenues they explored, including the man ultimately responsible for the CTU attacks that killed Michelle (and Tony, so we had thought), etc. etc.

This show has been off the air for years, so I'm not sure why we're using spoiler tags, but for the sake of the geniuses who'd click to view this thread despite not having watched it through...

Tony's return was the single greatest season the show had, IMO. It came full circle on so many of the avenues they explored, including the man ultimately responsible for the CTU attacks that killed Michelle (and Tony, so we had thought), etc. etc.

I am only using spoilers because BornAgainQvistian still watches this and I know he will eventually stumble into this thread. In the last thread we used spoilers when I talked about it with him He was in season 4/5 I believe.

I agree that Tony's return was pretty epic. It gave some closure for some previous un-explained events and it gave the show a shot in the arm

I actually thought they were on a serious downhill slide over seasons 5 and 6. By the end of 6 the ratings had begun to dip, to my recollection, so the return of Tony was definitely more than just a "shot in the arm". It was like a heroin shot in the arm.

I actually thought they were on a serious downhill slide over seasons 5 and 6. By the end of 6 the ratings had begun to dip, to my recollection, so the return of Tony was definitely more than just a "shot in the arm". It was like a heroin shot in the arm.

Lol, nice analogy considering Jack's renowned heroin problem earlier in the show.

I agree with the season 6 comment. It was just poorly written, but seasons 7 and 8 were phenomenal.

However, I disagree with the season 5 comment:

With Palmer getting shot, Jack returning and getting framed, the airport hostage situation, the nerve gas, CTU getting attacked, Edgar dying, the president as a villain, and Jack getting kidnapped by the Chinese (a scene that still gives me chills) it had the most intrigue and action of any of the seasons.

With that said, Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 were all awesome too.

Ah, you're right. I thought Season 5 was actually season 4. It was 6 that was really bad.

5 was actually my second favorite in the series. The finale alone was incredible. One of the best season finales in television for me. It left everyone HOOKED.

Archived