• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

Cindy Crosby

Hey guys I'm posting from new York as you read..I'm a new driver I've had my license for 2 months now and I was driving to new York today and looked down like an idiot and hit someone in the back of their car and I was was going probably about 15-20 miles per hour. So I rear ended that car. I freaked out and got out and they took my name down..that was all it was literally a 60 second stop. There was no damage done to their car. The guy said the ladies back hurt a little but I think that he may of just been saying that. I freaked out and I realize shouldn't *of been driving to new York..my question is that is there anything those folks can do if they took just my name down? My car is insured and registered jn my mothers name..I'm from Connecticut they're from new York. If anything do you know what could possibly happen here? I don't want my mom to Find out cause I've gained her trust with my driving and have been very responsible..I'm at yankee stadium at the moment and now can't enjoy it. Any words of wisdom would be great, thank you.*

Words of wisdom I can give you are these: don't sweat it. This happens to EVERYBODY at some point. As far as I'm concerned, you're just getting it out of the way early. Don't worry about the guy taking your name. He's going through the motions. If he plans to try and claim his wife was injured he'll need a doctor report detailing the injury. It's standard procedure. The insurances will settle up, you'll probably have to go to Court and take the ticket, and shit will be back to normal in a month. Don't stress over it.

Its a pretty useful tool. I do homework all the time on my phone while I'm on the train.

Using talk to text?

Sorry to derail the thread. Dude you'll be fine even assuming they took down your license plate. If no officer was present, I think they pretty much have no way of doing anything about it. Maybe someone else wants to chime in though. Worst case scenario and they call him, asking for X amount of dollars for repair to car/person, what happens?

his biggest issue is if the girl with "back problems" seeks medical attention and shit and they decide to sue JR. and his insurance company for the cost of the medical treatment. On top of that, it's illegal to leave the scene of the accident.

But I'm pretty sure it's his word against theirs now. And there's no physical damage to either car, so unless the woman is hurt, he should be in the clear. If she is hurt, it opens up a can of worms for him.

Exactly what info did they take from you? Did they take your name and number, any of your insurance or license info? Did they copy your plate down? Without knowing what info they have it is hard to say what can happen. If they just have your name and nothing else, then nothing can happen. If they have your plate number, they can always make up a report for hit and run, in which case that will go directly to your insurance company and then the insured person on the car. Did they take any pictures of your car as well? There is nothing wrong with not wanting to make a report as long as both parties agree to it, but if they took any of your info, I hope you got theirs as well.

Using talk to text?

Sorry to derail the thread. Dude you'll be fine even assuming they took down your license plate. If no officer was present, I think they pretty much have no way of doing anything about it. Maybe someone else wants to chime in though. Worst case scenario and they call him, asking for X amount of dollars for repair to car/person, what happens?

i realized on my way home they couldnt of taken my plate down, because they only saw the front of my car and their is no plate on the front, still havent gotten to put it on the front, best thing ive done.

Is there no mandatory "accident report card" to fill in? We have that here and if you sign it and drive off, you can't make any later claims and obviously sueing people over injuries is almost non-existent here. Just surprised to hear you can both shake hands on leaving and then still make claims afterwards without a report card or police showing up. That's just asking for fraud and lengthy lawsuits.

Exactly what info did they take from you? Did they take your name and number, any of your insurance or license info? Did they copy your plate down? Without knowing what info they have it is hard to say what can happen. If they just have your name and nothing else, then nothing can happen. If they have your plate number, they can always make up a report for hit and run, in which case that will go directly to your insurance company and then the insured person on the car. Did they take any pictures of your car as well? There is nothing wrong with not wanting to make a report as long as both parties agree to it, but if they took any of your info, I hope you got theirs as well.

im pretty sure they only took my name. it happened so fast and the guy seemed real side tracked. there was no damage from what i saw to the car. the lady had my license in her hand for litterally ten seconds so i dont know how fast she could of written my name and license number down, which is why i can only imagine she wrote down my name. there was no cap present, and they couldnt of gotten my PLATE number bcause i have no plate on the front of my car and the guy never even walked to my car. he got out of his door and i saw him their. he told me to calm down and i said are u okay, he said yes my wife tho her back might hurt. or something it was all a blur as i litterally started to cry. this happened on the worst possible day, the day i drive to NY and not tell anyone but my buddy alongside me in the car. bbut like i said there was no cop present, they took my name and that was all. no plate.

Hey guys I'm posting from new York as you read..I'm a new driver I've had my license for 2 months now and I was driving to new York today and looked down like an idiot and hit someone in the back of their car and I was was going probably about 15-20 miles per hour. So I rear ended that car. I freaked out and got out and they took my name down..that was all it was literally a 60 second stop. There was no damage done to their car. The guy said the ladies back hurt a little but I think that he may of just been saying that. I freaked out and I realize shouldn't *of been driving to new York..my question is that is there anything those folks can do if they took just my name down? My car is insured and registered jn my mothers name..I'm from Connecticut they're from new York. If anything do you know what could possibly happen here? I don't want my mom to Find out cause I've gained her trust with my driving and have been very responsible..I'm at yankee stadium at the moment and now can't enjoy it. Any words of wisdom would be great, thank you.*

Similar to what happened to me when I first got my license, I literally got my license at 2PM then 2 hours later(never been on the highway, not even in drivers ed) I drove me and my best friend to Shea Stadium for the Mets/Cardinals game, I remember the exact day it was August 22nd 2006. So anyways I drove the whole way to the field in the right lane of the highway since it was my first time driving on it, and oh yeah the car I was driving was my Mom's Buick Century which was a fucking boat and a half, so I got to Shea Stadium fine, enjoyed the game, Mets won with a walk-off homerun from Beltran in the bottom of the 9th against the Cardinals, despite Pujols having 2 homeruns and all 7 RBI's for the Cards lol

So I am leaving the stadium, a security guard is rushing me out since it was packed, fans were going crazy and there was so much traffic, so I am out of my spot and making a turn to turn towards the exit, so the guard is waiving me to go, and now I know I don't have enough room to make the turn, I ask my friend and I quote "Do I have enough room to make it?" He goes "yeah you do" and still till this day he denies saying it to me. So I make the turn and not realizing my front bumper scratches this guys Ford Explorer, I didn't realize it happened so I kept driving till this tough guy got own screaming and yelling at me, we get out, since hes yelling that I left a 18 inch scratch on the car, and it was the passenger that got out not the guy whose car it was lol

So were out there fighting, me and my friend arguing with them since they are blowing things out of proportion, so the guy takes my name, number and Mom's insurance down, it turned out that he leased the car and of course it was up in a few weeks lol So all in all I ended up paying how much the cost was to repair the scratch which was like $250 and that was that, no things were reported, hopefully the same goes for you.

Similar to what happened to me when I first got my license, I literally got my license at 2PM then 2 hours later(never been on the highway, not even in drivers ed) I drove me and my best friend to Shea Stadium for the Mets/Cardinals game, I remember the exact day it was August 22nd 2006. So anyways I drove the whole way to the field in the right lane of the highway since it was my first time driving on it, and oh yeah the car I was driving was my Mom's Buick Century which was a fucking boat and a half, so I got to Shea Stadium fine, enjoyed the game, Mets won with a walk-off homerun from Beltran in the bottom of the 9th against the Cardinals, despite Pujols having 2 homeruns and all 7 RBI's for the Cards lol

So I am leaving the stadium, a security guard is rushing me out since it was packed, fans were going crazy and there was so much traffic, so I am out of my spot and making a turn to turn towards the exit, so the guard is waiving me to go, and now I know I don't have enough room to make the turn, I ask my friend and I quote "Do I have enough room to make it?" He goes "yeah you do" and still till this day he denies saying it to me. So I make the turn and not realizing my front bumper scratches this guys Ford Explorer, I didn't realize it happened so I kept driving till this tough guy got own screaming and yelling at me, we get out, since hes yelling that I left a 18 inch scratch on the car, and it was the passenger that got out not the guy whose car it was lol

So were out there fighting, me and my friend arguing with them since they are blowing things out of proportion, so the guy takes my name, number and Mom's insurance down, it turned out that he leased the car and of course it was up in a few weeks lol So all in all I ended up paying how much the cost was to repair the scratch which was like $250 and that was that, no things were reported, hopefully the same goes for you.

interesting, the yanks won in 14 innings today lol, but the guy only took down my name as ive said, and im not worried about costs if anything happens. but my mom will kill me when she found out i drove, and then hit someone. but what can they do with no proof and damage, just a name?

interesting, the yanks won in 14 innings today lol, but the guy only took down my name as ive said, and im not worried about costs if anything happens. but my mom will kill me when she found out i drove, and then hit someone. but what can they do with no proof and damage, just a name?

Well they might go the route the guy went with me, don't report anything, but get an estimate for the damage and have you pay for it, therefore nothing goes on your insurance or anything, could be the best possible outcome.

Using talk to text?

Yea lol. I'll set it up in an email and sit in the back of the train where its usually pretty empty and knock it out on the ride to or from MSG.

Archived