• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Deftones ? Koi No Yokan

Phil

You know I'll be purchasing this.

They're playing on October 30th in nyc..

You know I want in, but I can't commit to that just yet. We've got our honeymoon until the 22nd, I think, of October, so I have no idea what we'll be doing those first two weeks just yet.

Keep me posted on it, though.

You know I want in, but I can't commit to that just yet. We've got our honeymoon until the 22nd, I think, of October, so I have no idea what we'll be doing those first two weeks just yet.

Keep me posted on it, though.

Will do man.

I'm going to Costa Rica the following day, so this would be the perfect send off.

http://www.theprp.com/2012/09/19/news/deftones-confirm-koi-no-yokan-track-listing/

Following today?s premiere of a new song, the Deftones have now confirmed the finalized track listing for their new album ?Koi No Yokan?. Due out November 13th, the effort will run as follows:

01 ? ?Poltergeist?

02 ? ?Romantic Dreams?

03 ? ?Leathers?

04 ? ?Swerve City?

05 ? ?Entombed?

06 ? ?Graphic Nature?

07 ? ?Tempest?

08 ? ?Gauze?

09 ? ?Rosemary?

10 ? ?Goon Squad?

11 ? ?What Happened To You??

It should be noted that the song ?Poltergeist? was formerly known as ?Roller Derby??a track played live numerous times by the band throughout the year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:m:

WOW! What an awesome album. There is not even one track of the 11 that'd I'd even consider skipping. This band is amazing, they've been around for decades and while they've evolved, they still sound like "the Deftones".

I myself am a fan of the heavier stuff...Swerve City, Leathers, Poltergeist, Goon Squad.

Somewhat more laid back....gotta love Tempest, Rosemary.

Rome, Entombed is unique in it's own way on this album...pace, melody and overall vibe. Not particulary what I crave in Deftones music but a very good song nonetheless.

First listen was at the house with the speakers blasting. Gotta test it out in the car next. :)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182191&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29

DEFTONES issue their seventh studio album, titled "Koi No Yokan", on Tuesday (November 13). The disc follows up 2010's "Diamond Eyes", the band's biggest hit since 2002's "White Pony", and is already riding a wave of advance critical acclaim. The LA Music Blog called it "the best album from DEFTONES in years and quite possibly the best in their entire career," while Loudwire reported that "if the SMASHING PUMPKINS were heavier, ballsier and angrier, they'd make albums that sound like this."

Frontman Chino Moreno told The Pulse Of Radio that he thinks the new album is a perfect example of what DEFTONES does best. "Some of my favorite things about DEFTONES are the dynamics," he said. "I mean, yes, we're a heavy band, but we're not just like, you know, in your face, aggro, the whole time, punching you in the face. There's also this very soothing element where there's, you know, a lot of soundscapes and a lot of outside influences other than just, you know, attack, attack the whole time. I don't know? I really think we meld those things great."

I listened to the album 4x yesterday. Amazing. The reviews all around have been very positive with many calling it one of, if not their best albums ever.

I'm partial to the 90s stuff....then things started to unravel somewhat from White Pony (still a good album) on. The Diamond Eyes album seemed to really get this band back on the right track, and this new album is superb.

The track "Rosemary" puts me in some sort of trance its so damn great.

It just feels go good to be a fan of a band for roughly 20 years and see them putting out quality stuff still to this day.

I listened to the album 4x yesterday. Amazing. The reviews all around have been very positive with many calling it one of, if not their best albums ever.

I'm partial to the 90s stuff....then things started to unravel somewhat from White Pony (still a good album) on. The Diamond Eyes album seemed to really get this band back on the right track, and this new album is superb.

The track "Rosemary" puts me in some sort of trance its so damn great.

It just feels go good to be a fan of a band for roughly 20 years and see them putting out quality stuff still to this day.

This is why I say they are the most underrated, they've been killing it for years and still putting out quality music.

This album is awesome, not sure if I'd crown it their best but definitely kicks ass.

This is why I say they are the most underrated, they've been killing it for years and still putting out quality music.

This album is awesome, not sure if I'd crown it their best but definitely kicks ass.

Yeah, they definetely deserve TONS of credit for what they've done over the past 25 years. Ironically, I seem to stick with bands with low admiration levels but long careers (Deftones, Clutch, Sick of it All). Glad these bands are still around since I started getting into music back in the early 90s.

• 1 month later...

Archived