• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Led Zeppelin to Release 2007 Concert in Theaters and on CD/DVD

CreaseCrusader91

The film, called "Celebration Day" and directed by Dick Carruthers, was taken from the long-awaited reunion of one of rock's most successful acts.The theatrical release will be across 1,500 screens in more than 40 territories, followed by an audio and video release on November 19.

There will be premieres in London, Los Angeles, New York and other major cities before the theatrical release, raising the possibility of seeing the three surviving band members on the same red carpet, if not the same stage.

The band broke up in 1980 after the death of their drummer John Bonham, but despite repeated calls from millions of fans to get back together to tour and record, reunions have been fleeting and, by their own admission, unsatisfactory.

But in 2007, singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bass player John Paul Jones, along with Bonham's son and drummer Jason, took the stage at London's O2 Arena for a tribute gig to Atlantic Records' founder Ahmet Ertegun.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/entertainment-us-ledzeppelin-idUSBRE88C0H220120913

-------

The band's Facebook page had been going with a number countdown and I was hoping it was an announcement for a reunion tour of some kind. I've had this concert on bootleg for a while so the news is somewhat disappointing but at least they are more open to releasing stuff now.

I thought the band sounded great when I first heard these 5 years ago. But yea, Plant cannot sing the Zeppelin tunes anymore.

As for the release, hey thats nice and all, but where was this 5 years ago when it was all over YouTube and there was a demand for it? Most people who wanted to see it found decent quality videos from the show. Then again, I love Zeppelin enough that I might go see it if its playing around me. Great name for the show as well. Celebration Day is one of my faves.

Plant can still sing the songs, but not in the same way. There are ways that they could re-arrange the songs to reflect his current vocal range. Page, JPJ and Jason Bonham are all game.

At this point, people would just love to see LZ play again.

Honestly, Plant isn't the reason why I love Zeppelin, so if they were to find someone who can sing the songs, I'd love to see them. JPJ and Page still have it from what I've heard. And Jason is a solid drummer.

Honestly, Plant isn't the reason why I love Zeppelin, so if they were to find someone who can sing the songs, I'd love to see them. JPJ and Page still have it from what I've heard. And Jason is a solid drummer.

Oh yeah, me neither. He is a talented vocalist but he is a bit of a prima donna. Five years ago he would have been fine to sing but instead he has decided to put it off. JPJ is a member of Them Crooked Vultures along with Dave Grohl and Josh Homme so he is still in great musical shape. Page has been playing and has been trying to do something with the Foo Fighters.

Jason Bonham also is a helluva drummer who doesn't try to be his Dad. He can play all the Zeppelin songs but he rarely touched Moby Dick for obvious reasons.

That song can be played correctly by one man.

As for someone to sing for them, Billy Squier. Sounds a helluva lot like Plant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlu3A3BBgE

I always thought he sounded like him as well, but he is almost as old and to my knowledge hasn't done anything in years. There's gotta be someone younger. Tryouts a la Journey? Why not?

The lead singer from Train sounds like him a little, and can hit the notes. He was on Opie and Anthony and did a Zeplin cover, and it sounded amazing. Here is the video, he sounds amazing doing this.

Led Zeppelin dodged questions about possible reunion shows when surviving members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones gathered for a press conference to launch Celebration Day, the film of their one-off concert at London's O2 Arena in 2007, The Guardian reports.

"Let me ask you a question," responded Page when first asked about a reunion. "Have you seen the film? Did you enjoy it? Then we've done our job, haven't we?"

Plant kept up the evading, rather than flat out denying: When another reporter asked if Zeppelin would "do it again," the singer replied, "With you?"

The band also spoke about the concert film itself, which features all 16 cuts played at the 2007 concert, a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the iconic Atlantic Records head who first signed Zeppelin in 1968. The film will be released to theaters October 17th and will be available on multi-format home release on November 19th.

When asked whether any of the live tracks were overdubbed, Page noted that they were kept to a minimum while Plant admitted some of the lyrics at the end of "Kashmir" were edited "because I was running out of steam."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/led-zeppelin-dodge-reunion-questions-20120921#ixzz279nJZKAR

Archived