• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is "Tomorrowland" The Best Festival/Party Ever?

Jules

I'm legitimately jealous of everyone who went here. 80k people, numerous stages, a completely magical wonderland scenery, the world's best dance acts (Skrillex, Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta, Avicii, etc.) and three days and nights of continuous partypartypartyparty.

http://musicfestivals.be/nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tomorrowland-2012-Day-1-by-J.-Lolos-2.jpg

This looks more than insane and I feel like a fucking idiot for not going now that it was held just an hour from here. Dutch organizers, a Belgian recreational park and insane budgets for the world's most insane party. This is on my bucket list now.

The official 2012 Tomorrowland After Movie:

[video=youtube;UWb5Qc-fBvk]

Absolutely mindblowing event and I'm not even a real dance/techno/house/electro fan.

http://musicfestivals.be/nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tomorrowland-2012-by-J.-Lolos-41.jpg

Holy fuck. :cool:

I've been to parties similar like the Dutch "Campingflight to Lowlands Paradise" which is a dance/rock/metal/hiphop fusion festival of similar style, but with more than just dance music. Lowlands 2009 seriously put N*E*R*D, Sex Pictols, Pendulum and Killswitch Engage on the same festival in less than 24 hours.

I've never felt like these dance parties were bro-fests, because crowds are pretty diverse here. Very international, everyone there to have a good time and security is strict, but not very visible and obviously our drink/drug policies are more lenient. I usually stay sober or just a few beers, but not feeling monitored 24/7 helps the vibe.

Also, yes. Hot chicks. Hot chicks everywhere.

Crowds don't bother me at all. I don't feel at home in the stereotypical rock/metal crowd either, but it's about enjoying it with your friends, getting sucked into the vibe of the night and loving the music, the energy and the moment.

If people aren't drunk or doped out of their minds and fighting each other, I'm fine. Not sure I'd survive three nights of techno, but I've done four day festivals with a more mixed line-up and it's awesome. Some of the best memories of my life.

Archived