• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So These Are The New MUSE Tracks?

Jules

WTF went wrong in Matt Bellamy's head for now? :palm:

Yes, they are on Muse's official YouTube channel, these are tracks off the new album.

Okay, maybe it just needs to grow on me. I remember how much I hated Supermassive Black Hole when I first heard it and that's one of my favorite tracks by now, so things change, but this is too poppy, too much dance, too... well, it ain't the Muse style I've grown to like and considering the criticism from a lot of fans I am not alone.

Any fans of this? Haters? Somewhat okay?

my only defense for the dubstep track is that they are the last 2 songs on the album, both with the "2nd law:" prefix. Thus, I expect the majority of the album to have a sound more closer to "Madness" than "Unsustainable" (with the exception of Survival, but thats a sellout song so it kinda stands by itself).

• 3 weeks later...
I just found a legal stream on a Dutch website, won't work in NA. It's a good album, these songs are a little all over the place, but they make sense in the bigger picture. The message is alright, there's a number of catchy tracks and some deeper stuff. Yeah, it's not as horrible as I had feared and I think it will actually grow.

Archived