• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Copper" on BBC America

I am Scags

Has anyone picked up and seen this show yet?

Just heard about it today and it sounds very interesting. Apparently its a series about the corruption and lawlessness in Five Points that takes place in 1864. Sort of sounds like Gangs of New York but pretty much now in a series.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/copper/

I came in expecting "Gangs of NY(film)" style storytelling, but it moved REALLY slow that I found it sort of boring. Ended up changing the channel. It could also be that this show doesn't have DiCaprio/Day-Lewis' screen presence.

I came in expecting "Gangs of NY(film)" style storytelling, but it moved REALLY slow that I found it sort of boring. Ended up changing the channel. It could also be that this show doesn't have DiCaprio/Day-Lewis' screen presence.

True. Thanks for the update. Again I haven't seen it but I will take a look either way, but you could very well be right. Scorsese's masterpiece with DiCaprio and DD Lewis could hardly be matched by anything.

Archived