• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bar Rescue

I am Scags

I admit I'm a sucker for certain reality shows.

This one is no different than many others and will probably have a short life only because; how many bars can you rescue before it gets old?

Either way an entertaining hour long show on Sunday nights @9:00 PM on Spike network. Host John Taffer (looks like a former NFL player) comes in and tries to re do shitty

drinking establishments while dealing with crappy owners and a staff that usually sucks or is underachieving. You could tell its scripted sort of like American Chopper is and other similar reality shows tend to be, but I still get a good laugh and find it interesting.

Anyone else see it?

That's like that restaurant show probably on the Cooking channel where a guy goes to restaurants and has to change everything to get them back on track, correct?

yep pretty much. Its very typical, nothing that new but again I like those certain shows and I find bars and drinking holes interesting.

This show is actually pretty cool.

I love how there is a science to everything. Locations, visuals, menu layouts....good stuff.

Absolutely! I'm learning things I didn't know and they make obvious sense once you realize it. And they're right one thing as well, the bigger the menu the shittier the place usually tends to be. Less is more.

I love how Taffer has no fear and stares these people right in the eye and tells them how lousy they are with their failing business. Last weeks had one with a place in Philly called "Swanky Bubbles", which apparently was a failing champagne bar. They're the only ones that it noted at the end changed there name back to that pathetic name. Swanky Bubbles...LOL. awful

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
This show, Restaurant Stakeout and Mystery Diners are 100% staged. I think the premise is stupid. Put hidden cameras anywhere and catch people doing that shit, you don't need the fat wanna-be wiseguy from Uncle Jacks Steakhouse to tell you what the problems are. Its obvious.

This show, Restaurant Stakeout and Mystery Diners are 100% staged. I think the premise is stupid. Put hidden cameras anywhere and catch people doing that shit, you don't need the fat wanna-be wiseguy from Uncle Jacks Steakhouse to tell you what the problems are. Its obvious.

It's all about the Butt Funnel.

REPOST!!

j/k but I posted on this last year. The shows are all the same, but I admit I love them all. I enjoy seeing these dives transformed, and I enjoy watching how people react to Taffers no nonsense tough approach to the business. and I love the science involved in it, never knew bar science was so involved.

Archived