• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Toy Story 4, Finding Nemo 2 and Monsters Inc 2 in Production by Pixar

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/364103/20120717/toy-story-4-monsters-finding-nemo-2.htm

"Finding Nemo 2," "Toy Story 4" and "Monsters Inc. 2" have all reportedly been green-lighted, crowning the next few years of movie releases as Pixar and Disney's to seize.

Upon their release, the originals of each of the three movies brought in hundreds of millions of dollars worldwide and helped solidify the Disney-Pixar collaboration as the future of animation.

And now fans are being rewarded for being patient, as "Finding Nemo 2," "Monsters Inc. 2" and "Toy Story 4" have all been officially greenlighted and are in different stages of pre-production or production, according to recent reports.

On Tuesday, Deadline.com reported that "Finding Nemo 2" -- which, like the original, is a collaboration between Pixar and Disney -- will be directed by "John Carter" director Andrew Stanton.

That news capped a series of recent news bits about upcoming Pixar films, as the world learned last month via Tom Hanks (the voice behind the toy cowboy character Woody in the "Toy Story" films) that Pixar has reportedly greenlit "Toy Story 4" for production, according to the BBC. The film is the latest installment in what has become one of the most successful franchises in animated film history.

According to DisneyMoviesList.com, "this project is currently still in development. We do know that Tom Hanks, Michael Keaton and Joan Cusack will be providing voice work," and "Toy Story 4" is expected to be released sometime in 2015. To the youngsters awaiting it's release, that probably sounds like infinite -- and beyond.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

As happy as I am about this news.... I still want a Ratatouille 2.

Toy Story 4? Way to ruin a perfect ending to a great set of movies.

Feel the same way, Nemo 2 and Monsters inc 2 is long overdue but toy story I though was perfect with 3 movies...although...so far they have only gotten better...so if they keep that up number 4 will be even better

What the fuck is Brad Bird doing instead of making Incredibles 2. It has way more obvious potential for a sequel than any of their other movies.

Ratatouille and Incredibles (both Bird) are two movies that could have sequels. Cars didn't need a sequel. Monsters Inc is getting a prequel and now a sequel and Finding Nemo makes sense.

Im split on Toy Story but I love the series no matter what.

Feel the same way, Nemo 2 and Monsters inc 2 is long overdue but toy story I though was perfect with 3 movies...although...so far they have only gotten better...so if they keep that up number 4 will be even better

I thought every Toy Story was great, but the first is still the best there is, IMO, with 3 and then 2 after it.

Toy Story and Finding Nemo should have been left alone.

Cars 2 sucked, and I loved the first one. Big Pixar fan here too.

I never saw Cars 2. Cars is more geared towards children. I mean, they all are but the other 3 were originals that came out when I was a kid so there's more of an emotional attachment to them. Where as Cars came out a few years ago. I feel like Toy Story, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo are better suited movies for families than Cars is/was.

Ratatouille and Incredibles (both Bird) are two movies that could have sequels. Cars didn't need a sequel. Monsters Inc is getting a prequel and now a sequel and Finding Nemo makes sense.

Im split on Toy Story but I love the series no matter what.

Theres no word on a Monsters Inc sequel. The article just isnt clear about that, but the sequel theyre talking about is just the prequel.

I'm more excited about their non-sequel movies right now. Their next 3 (officially confirmed) after Monsters University are a film about Dinosaurs and a movie that takes place inside the framework of the mind, or something like that, and a film about Dia de los Muertos. I'm still disappointed they didnt green-light Newt. The concept art for that looked unbelievable.

They make so much profit off of these movies, why not keep pumping them out?

I guess, I just hate to see Toy Story tainted. I enjoyed the Resident Evil movies until the 289494th one.

I would hate to keep seeing a movie I really enjoyed being pumped out.

A second Monsters though would be amazing

I guess, I just hate to see Toy Story tainted. I enjoyed the Resident Evil movies until the 289494th one.

I would hate to keep seeing a movie I really enjoyed being pumped out.

A second Monsters though would be amazing

Oh I agree with you, they should leave Toy Story as is. But from a business perspective, the 3rd one made a KILLING. Those greedy fucks dont care about the storyline or series. They know how much bank is to be made from ticket sales, toys, video games, etc. Why stop? I wouldnt be surprised if they ended the 4th one to setup Toy Story 5..

Oh I agree with you, they should leave Toy Story as is. But from a business perspective, the 3rd one made a KILLING. Those greedy fucks dont care about the storyline or series. They know how much bank is to be made from ticket sales, toys, video games, etc. Why stop? I wouldnt be surprised if they ended the 4th one to setup Toy Story 5..

Perhaps; I just don't see why they can't think of originals and just let series be.

I hate that whole greedy stuff. Oh well, as long as 1,2,3 are still in memory, it's all good

Perhaps; I just don't see why they can't think of originals and just let series be.

I hate that whole greedy stuff. Oh well, as long as 1,2,3 are still in memory, it's all good

Name recognition. The Toy Story brand alone will have people going to the theaters by the boatload.

Archived