• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NBC's 'Revolution'

Coming to Monday nights this fall on NBC: Revolution. Produced by JJ Abrams, written by Eric Kripke (Supernatural), pilot directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man), starring Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad?s Gus Fring).

Synopsis: Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why? Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down lanterns and candles are lit. Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it? On the fringes of small farming communities, danger lurks. And a young woman?s life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously ? and unbeknownst to her ? had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.

Seems pretty interesting and two great minds in Abrams and Kripke having most to do with it. Here's a preview.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/Revolution/1401464

• 4 months later...

Well you put 3 guys in Favreau/Abrams/Kripke together you would think the show would be good, right?

Series premiere was tonight and I liked it, its been getting mixed reviews all over the web, but I think the show has a lot of potential. Now I may be biased in being a fan of Kripke's work, mainly for writing Supernatural, but you pair him with the other two guys I think it will succeed.

Now based on tonight, I think there are a few groups out there in the world who know what happened in regards to the blackout 15 years ago. I'm gonna give it a chance and hopefully it does well.

I enjoyed it - I saw it last week and didn't post anything.

The acting is subpar with a lot of cheese, but it's definitely not as bad as Terranova for sure.

I can see Another work of JJ Abrams getting cancelled (this one) but I'll continue to watch it only because I enjoy the different things the show has like fighting action scenes to drama (albeit cheesy)

Keep us updated, the setting sounds interesting enough, so I might look into this once there are some more episodes out there.

Same. Abrams piques my interest, but the problem with this show is that it's on NBC. I hate their programming when they do dramas, so I'm just not sold until the reviews start swinging up for this series.

I enjoyed it - I saw it last week and didn't post anything.

The acting is subpar with a lot of cheese, but it's definitely not as bad as Terranova for sure.

I can see Another work of JJ Abrams getting cancelled (this one) but I'll continue to watch it only because I enjoy the different things the show has like fighting action scenes to drama (albeit cheesy)

These types of shows have larger budgets than the normal, everyday America, set shows. So they have to be super successful in order to succeed. The acting is cheesy, and that may be it's down fall. That's where Lost got it right more often than it got it wrong. While some of the main characters were often cheesy, it had such a large cast that we could find characters to root for or against that were believable.

They open with a huge cliche, now parentless kid has to save her only family left, with the help of psuedo step mom who she can't stand. Add in nerdy side kick and you're approaching a similar formula that just fell apart in Alacatraz.

Still, I was entertained, so I'm hoping that it can get better. The premise of this show is unique of course, and it certainly has the ability to captivate.

Awesome. Glad that other people are at least watching this!

Yeah, I hated Alcatraz. The plot didn't even astound me to be honest.

I just hope it doesn't end up like Terranova. The actors/actresses in Lost actually got better as the show went on too, so I'm hoping that happens here.

Plus, I heard the daughter? is young in reality? I'm reading that she's 17.

I thought the fight scene was pretty good last night, and they didn't hold back on the gory stuff, I mean for the most part they did, but at some points you did see a guys stomach slashed or a guys throat cut, overall though I thought it was pretty good. Definitely has an interesting story line to it, and with Abrams, you never know what he can do.

I thought the fight scene was pretty good last night, and they didn't hold back on the gory stuff, I mean for the most part they did, but at some points you did see a guys stomach slashed or a guys throat cut, overall though I thought it was pretty good. Definitely has an interesting story line to it, and with Abrams, you never know what he can do.

HAHA, the fight scene was decent, although the end where the girl is against the wall and the guy with the sword is hammering away on her crossbow, I was screaming at the screen, "JUST FUCKING STAB HER!" He didn't listen. And he died for it.

Recently Abrams has sucked though - e.g. - Alcatraz and Person of Interest although it's got some mixed reviews. At least Person of Interest hasn't been cancelled yet.

I found both those shows to be interesting takes on police dramas. Good/great concepts that could be improved on but are watchable.

I found both those shows to be interesting takes on police dramas. Good/great concepts that could be improved on but are watchable.

I found Alcatraz to be interesting, like Morphinity said - it got stale really quickly.

Person of Interest lost my interest really quickly. I don't like police dramas though so I am a little biased.

Alcatraz was interesting for the first few episodes, but it got really stale really quickly. The characters weren't engaging enough, and I lend that in part to the actors' performances.

Yeah, I can agree with that. They also moved the backstory along too slowly. You can only do that if you have a really engaging current story and good actors. I think they could have probably gotten a second deal if we found out more about what was going on in the flash backs.

Lucifer(Mark Pelligrino from Supernatural and Lost) Will be in the next episode!! Woohoo, I knew Kripke would bring in at least one actor from Supernatural. But aside from that its getting better the show, now not knowing which side Uncle Miles is really on is gonna get interesting, and I think that chick Nora is gonna be so bad ass!

I have an Uncle Miles... But mines not nearly as dangerous.

The show is interesting, but the girl, Charlie, is ruining it. I hate characters like her... It's like her sole purpose is to be annoying and get everyone else into danger. She sucks. Not sure how long I'll last if her annoying ways keep up.

I have an Uncle Miles... But mines not nearly as dangerous.

The show is interesting, but the girl, Charlie, is ruining it. I hate characters like her... It's like her sole purpose is to be annoying and get everyone else into danger. She sucks. Not sure how long I'll last if her annoying ways keep up.

My GF and I had this exact conversation last night. Show has an interesting premise, it's got a good supporting cast, but this annoying chick is going to ruin it with both her acting and the way she's written. She wants to spare a guy they capture who is trying to get them, it back fires and they all almost get killed. Then she spares the guy who she captures, who has already tried to get them all killed and is working for the guys who took her brother. Not just that, she leaves his weapons right by him. And then she helps kill a bunch of soldiers, including one she just walks up to an shoots.

Archived