• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Dictator

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
This movie was so unbelievably bad. I am such a huge fan of Sacha Baron Cohen. I have followed his work since Da Ali G Show some 10 years ago. It takes a lot for me to dislike something from an actor that I am such a fan of. I'm the type of person to find the good in a bad movie. There was no good in this movie whatsoever. It was so bad. I was so disappointed in this movie as it was one of my most anticipated movies of 2012. Once Anna Faris entered the film, I knew it was a wrap. There were a couple of decent 1-liners, and 1 or 2 parts where I did laugh, but it was easily his worst production to date. If you are curious to see all the funny parts in the film, just watch the trailer. Everything funny is in the trailer.

Yeah, I've heard the same. I think Borat was just so incredibly funny that everyone compares everything he does to that. Bruno, to me, was mediocre. It had it's good parts and hysterical parts. I almost died when he was with that dominatrix at the end.

I haven't seen The Dictator, but it seems most of the people I know who have seen it have said the same thing Chizz.

I think its time for him to retire the shticks and become a serious actor. He can definitely handle it. He was very good in Hugo

And did a tremendous job in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street too.

Yeah, I've heard the same. I think Borat was just so incredibly funny that everyone compares everything he does to that. Bruno, to me, was mediocre. It had it's good parts and hysterical parts. I almost died when he was with that dominatrix at the end.

I haven't seen The Dictator, but it seems most of the people I know who have seen it have said the same thing Chizz.

That's weird. I only heard good things going into the movie. I didn't hype it up though. I mean I did hype it up, but not from information given to me. So disappointed. Save your money. I knew it was going to be a bad movie 5 minutes into it.

I still liked it.

Who in their right minds out there actually thought this was going to be a great or very good movie? I certainly didn't think it was going to be.

I knew going in it would never top Borat which was funny for different reasons, and I knew it was nothing more than a spoof.

Borat was different because it was 1st movie away from his short HBO TV shows where it used real people in awkward situations, it had originality to it and I think what made it even better was

how unpredicatable one scene was to the next.

Whatever, I still laughed my ass off. To each their own. Thats the one thing with movies, you can't satisfy everyone.

I agree on the last part, Sacha is a decent actor and maybe should seek out some more serious roles. Still love him kicking the the crap out of his apprentice in Sweeney Todd.lol

Archived