• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Foo Fighters Stream New Album On Their Website

Jules

Today the Foo Fighters new album Wasting Light leaked in low quality on torrentwebsites. To make sure people get a great listening experience when hearing it for the first time, they have decided to put the whole CD in high quality on their website. Now that is courtesy to fans and great way to respond to the situation. Props to them.

http://www.wattes.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/foo-fighters-wasting-light2-1024x1024-290x290.jpg

And a couple of songs in, I'm absolutely blown away. It's loud, it's raw, it's oldschool Foos. Very, very good hard rock album.

Link: http://wastinglight.foofighters.com/

Enjoy!

I love when bands do this kind of thing — proves they're in tune with the new world of music in the digital era.

Trent Reznor/NIN have also done similar things, releasing entire albums for free but offering limited edition packages for sale and it's worked wonders.

Yup, and that's profit directly to the band, too. I love when artists do things like that. Perfect way to counter piracy which for the most part only exists because the RIAA are professional rapists who fuck the consumer hardest.

I have no use for CD's, so I buy digital copies, usually via Amazon since their music is DRM free.

I buy CDs and digitalize them. I refuse to pay for a non-touchable music product and I love CD covers and such.

I used to be that way, but I grew up with friends in the industry. I own literally thousands of CD's — it's too much. I have four huge U-Haul boxes full of CD's and cases at my house just eating up space in the attic. Flipping through the book is nice, but eventually I just tired of it. Digital copies of the artwork are just fine for me. :D

A friend of mine and his nu-metalcore band are recording their first record right now, I'll send you a link to their website when they release the EP. I think you'd like it. My girlfriend likes indie and romantic stuff and we went to their show and she said "great energy, very good clean singer and fun band", and they are loud as hell.

I love when bands do this kind of thing — proves they're in tune with the new world of music in the digital era.

Trent Reznor/NIN have also done similar things, releasing entire albums for free but offering limited edition packages for sale and it's worked wonders.

Smashing Pumpkins is doing this as well. Almost every month they put up a new track that you can download for free, and then every 4 songs that come out, the release a CD for those songs as well. The entire project is something like 40 songs, and all 40 will be available for free.

I buy CDs and digitalize them. I refuse to pay for a non-touchable music product and I love CD covers and such.

I am the same way, I like to have the album art work, and in one of my cars I don't have a jack for my IPod , so I usually use CD's in it when I dont want to listen to XM radio.

• 9 months later...

Archived