• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Warren G Prepping Regulate Sequel, EP With Unheard Nate Dogg Hooks + More

"It's called Nate Dogg and Warren G and it's pretty much done," he said of the EP he plans to release this summer. For now, he's waiting on verses from Jeezy to go along with ones he's gotten from E-40, Too $hort and Bun B. "It's a bunch of good records, stuff that's unheard and it's great for everyone to hear my homeboy," he said of Nate, who died last year after several years of health problems. "Some people have heard these songs in the studio, but most people have never heard them. Everyone that hears them says, 'it's crazy ? this is incredible!'"

Warren said he felt he needed to get the 6-7 tracks out there to give the world more classic material from the duo, who recorded most of the songs in 2006 before Dogg got sick. "We was gonna do two albums together and we didn't get to put them out," he said. "We didn't get to finish all of the records. But that's how me and Nate worked, I would do a verse and he'd do a hook and then move on to the next. That was some of most fun I ever had in my life ? Every song is gonna be a banger. Every one could be a single."

He's also prepping another EP, Regulate ? G-Funk Era Part 2, a sequel to his 1994 debut with 7-8 songs that mostly feature him, with a few Nate Dogg cameos. The third release he's starting to put together is a full-length called The Westside Story, which he describes as his version of Dre's legendary The Chronic. "That's just me and the top-shelf MCs in hip-hop on my tracks," he said. "That's what people don't know, that I'm a producer and an artist at the same time. It's time for the West to come out and bloom again."

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/04/13/warren-g-ep-nate-dogg-hooks-regulate-sequel/

All of this sounds potentially great, if it's done well/right. I'm tired of the current music trends, rap or otherwise, but hopefully this is a lot closer to the West Coast style that was so compelling from the late 80's through the early 2000's and not like the current crap, Dre and Eminem included (see: All of Eminem past "The Eminem Show" and Dre's call a doctor song or whatever that was).

That west coast "chill" style was what got me into rap in the early 90's in the first place. It was art. It took talent to produce and talent to create — unlike the auto-tuned garbage that passes for "music" today.

Agreed, and honestly the old heads are doing it now too because it's what's selling. Really annoying, I'll take G-Funk over Whiz Kalifa any day. there was a time when guys like him were laughed at by the old heads of rap. Now, they are coddled because they are the ones who make the money. Can't stand it.

I really hope this is good, Regulate is one of my favorites.

Archived