• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

Pete

Not sure if anyone here has read the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card, but they may actually be the best Sci-Fi novels ever written, I shit you not.

Point being, there have been on-again, off-again talks about a movie, but I just got bored and checked out IMDB, and the movie is apparently cast and in pre-production for a 2013 release.

I'm so excited, these are like the Sci-Fi equivalent to Game of Thrones, AFAIC.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/

• 9 months later...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/12/05/enders-game-exclusive-first-look/

Anyone who has read Orson Scott Card?s beloved 1985 sci-fi novel, Ender?s Game, can understand why, for the past 20 years, Hollywood has been unable to adapt the book. After all, it?s challenging enough to shoot a movie about pint-sized military recruits fighting each other in a futuristic, space-set Battle School, but it?s an even taller order to capture the novel?s complex themes about war and morality.

Fortunately for fans of the book, the long wait for a film adaptation is (almost) over. Ender?s Game will hit theaters on Nov. 1, 2013 (Lionsgate has just launched the film?s official Facebook page), and EW has your exclusive first look at the movie ? as well as the first interview with director Gavin Hood (Tsotsi, X-Men Origins: Wolverine).

In the photo, we get a first glimpse of Hugo?s Asa Butterfield (right) as Ender, standing in line with other new recruits (a.k.a. ?Launchies?) early on at his time in the Battle School. He?s facing off with the imposing Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford) over whether his emails to home are being blocked. It?s telling that the two characters are clashing over communication, since they?ve got major communication issues with each other. In the novel, Ender could never be sure whether Graff was manipulating him, or whether he simply saw great potential in him and wanted to foster it.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/12/03/fl-enders-game_510x380.jpg

Looks like an interesting movie, never read the books but it seems like a cool concept.

I'm crazy for sci-fi's so I'm sure I'll love this and Harrison Ford is in it so big win

READ IT. It is hands down one of the best sci-fi novels, maybe best novel period, ever written. The sequels are okay, but you'll finish Ender's Game in about a week and love every second of it. One of my favorite novels as a kid, still one of my favorites today.

• 7 months later...
Just bought a kindle so I can read while at work (work as a door man for some extra cash on the weekends) during one of the many dead periods that seem to take forever to pass. Never heard of this but I love futuristic, possibly dystopian? Scifi. Might be the first book I read

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Yea I don't even want to read any reviews. I don't think OSC would have waited this long to make a movie, and then sign off on one that's totally crap. There's only so much they can do to bring it as close to the books as possible.

Archived