• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Annual Puppy Bowl

Phil

The Puppy Bowl should be the half time show for the Super Bowl. They should just have a shit load of puppies run onto the field and wreak havoc.

Well, they do have Madonna there tonight, isnt that close enough? She had sex with a dog, is dog ugly and her new songs are dog shit.

I dont mind a decent half time show, but at least gear it twords Football fans. How many men like football and Madonna. I heard that this years half time is a half hour.

The Super Bowl isnt geared towards football fans and men. The Super Bowl is geared to EVERYONE! They want men, women, non-football fans to watch it, thats why you have crap like Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas, etc.......

The Super Bowl isnt geared towards football fans and men. The Super Bowl is geared to EVERYONE! They want men, women, non-football fans to watch it, thats why you have crap like Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas, etc.......

Correct. It's a spectacle, much the same as even WrestleMania is becoming. It's not designed for a niche audience anymore. It's designed to almost replicate a national holiday of sorts.

In fact, I'd say the SuperBowl is just shy of it.

How many people that were waiting for Madonna to come on on TV kept watching after the half time show? I can bet it wasnt very many. All they did was bring in an audience for half time, not the actual game, and they made halftime longer than it normally is for that garbage.

How many people that were waiting for Madonna to come on on TV kept watching after the half time show? I can bet it wasnt very many. All they did was bring in an audience for half time, not the actual game, and they made halftime longer than it normally is for that garbage.

My fiance, for one.

But did she only tune in for the halftime show, or did she plan on watching the game anyway with you?

We had a party, she said "Call me when it's halftime" she missed the whole first half, but hung out after Madonna performed and watched the end of the game.

We had a party, she said "Call me when it's halftime" she missed the whole first half, but hung out after Madonna performed and watched the end of the game.

This is different from what I was talking about. I was talking about the people that never tune in and were just home and tuned in to watch the halftime show and that was it.

This is different from what I was talking about. I was talking about the people that never tune in and were just home and tuned in to watch the halftime show and that was it.

OK, well this is what you asked:

How many people that were waiting for Madonna to come on on TV kept watching after the half time show?
And that's what I answered. I guess I don't understand what your point is.

I guess, I mean I don't see what the big deal is...:confused: You asked who tuned in for only for halftime and wound up watching for the rest of the game, and you had a few people say that their fiances did...I guess it wasn't the answer you thought you were going to get?

For what it's worth, there are a lot of women in my office today talking about how they usually just to the SB party thing to be social, but after halftime they actually paid attention to the game. Frankly, it's brilliant marketing because football fans will watch the SB no matter what, so what they are doing is grabbing the audience they otherwise wouldn't have had, with an act like Madonna. It's smart, they don't need to retain viewers, they need to market to new viewers.

Archived