• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Billboard: Dave Grohl Q&A

NYR2711

This is a pretty good article on Dave Grohl. He says some interesting stuff, especially about music today. I know there are a lot of Foo Fighter/Grohl fans here, and I thought this was a good one.

http://www.billboard.com/features/dave-grohl-q-a-why-rock-will-never-die-why-1005831362.story#/features/dave-grohl-q-a-why-rock-will-never-die-why-1005831362.story

His thoughts on music today is spot on, I love this part of the article:

Someone asked me recently, "What do you think the problem with the music industry is?" I said, take the Adele record, for example. It's an amazing record and everybody's so shocked that it's such a phenomenon. I'm not. You know why that record's huge? Because it's fucking good and it's real. When you have an artist singing about something real and she's incredibly talented, it deserves all the rewards it gets, it's a great record. Now imagine if all records were that good. Do you think only one of them would sell? Fuck no! All of them would. If all records were that good the music business would be on fire, but they're not. A lot of people are promoting records that are just throw-it-against-the-wall-see-if-it-sticks meaningless bullshit. Everybody has the responsibility to do the right thing and promote artists that mean something.

Never been a big fan of the foo fighters but I have always liked Grohl (maybe because I grew up listening to Nirvana).

A lot of people are promoting records that are just throw-it-against-the-wall-see-if-it-sticks meaningless bullshit. Everybody has the responsibility to do the right thing and promote artists that mean something.

Exactly why I cant support things like MTV. And its proof that music labels are more interested in the bottom line than the music itself. In this day and age labels are in the same class as newspapers. Not necessary anymore thanks to the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived