• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2011

LindG1000

Guns? Awesome.

Beasties? Awesome.

Peppers? :thumbsdown:

Yeah, yeah... they're an iconic band, I know. Whatever. I still hate them and think they sound awful. IMO they're the single most overrated band of the 90's with their sound buddies in Incubus taking the torch for the 2000's.

Guns? Awesome.

Beasties? Awesome.

Yeah, yeah... they're an iconic band, I know. Whatever. I still hate them and think they sound awful. IMO they're the single most overrated band of the 90's with their sound buddies in Incubus taking the torch for the 2000's.

90s Chilis stuff was awesome. They started going down when they switched to a very formulaic sound around the middle of Californication. By the Way was a beautiful album, but not really them.

Leave my boys in Incubus alone. Their 90s stuff was INSANE.

Can't stand any of it. The only RHCP song I ever liked was the one from the Beavis and Butthead soundtrack, and even that song I could only take in small doses. It's hard for me to pinpoint exactly what it is I don't like about them, but the "funk" in their sound just always got on my nerves I think.

With Incubus it was a lot of the same musical principles being inherited from bands like RHCP, Primus and to a lesser extent with Jane's Addiction.

All in all it's just not my sound, but I don't doubt the group deserves the nomination.

90s Chilis stuff was awesome. They started going down when they switched to a very formulaic sound around the middle of Californication. By the Way was a beautiful album, but not really them.

Leave my boys in Incubus alone. Their 90s stuff was INSANE.

+1 for everything you said.

Guns? Awesome.

Beasties? Awesome.

You can also through in Soundgarden and Pearl Jam with that. Once both bands got big, they put out shitty music. And that is all the radio stations ever played.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a fucking disgrace. The fact that bands like Yes and other real rock bands are not in it is just pathetic.

I agree, it took them how long to get Black Sabbath in, and as much as I am not a Kiss fan, they still have never been nominated.

I cant stand Pearl Jam. To me, the last decent album was Vitoligy. Everything after that was shit. Bad Motor Finger was the last goo Soundgarden album. I hated when radio played every song by one or the other and all day long.

The last 2 Pearl Jam albums were actually pretty good. Albums 1-3 were good, middle albums kinda sucked except for a few songs here and there, then the last 2 were back to being good.

You can also through in Soundgarden and Pearl Jam with that. Once both bands got big, they put out shitty music. And that is all the radio stations ever played.

Pearl Jam after Ten? Yes. Soundgarden? No, but I'm a huge Cornell fan who's supported him his entire career, so there's probably a ton of bias behind my not being willing to thrash them.

Oh, and I'd take listening to the same Nirvana, STP, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam songs all day long on 92.3 K-ROCK again over having 48 different top-40/pop stations and not a single rock station that plays new music (now that RXP is dead as well).

Pearl Jam lost there edge a while ago, but there's nothing wrong with Soundgarden imo. If only grunge was still around, it's 1000 times better than anything that gets put out today.

Still listen to all those grunge bands daily. Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, STP, etc.

Pearl Jam after Ten? Yes. Soundgarden? No, but I'm a huge Cornell fan who's supported him his entire career, so there's probably a ton of bias behind my not being willing to thrash them.

Oh, and I'd take listening to the same Nirvana, STP, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam songs all day long on 92.3 K-ROCK again over having 48 different top-40/pop stations and not a single rock station that plays new music (now that RXP is dead as well).

I like Cornell, he is a little wierd, but I do like him. I just couldnt stand hearing them every other song on the radio. I agree with you about K-Rock as well. I used to love 104.3 when they were new rock, they even played certain curses in songs, I thought they were better than K-Rock was. It sucks that there is no New York Rock stations. Thank god for XM radio, I listen to Lithium all the time.

Pearl Jam lost there edge a while ago, but there's nothing wrong with Soundgarden imo. If only grunge was still around, it's 1000 times better than anything that gets put out today.

If you buy XM or Sirius, they have a channel that is all 90's grunge/rock called Lithium. I love that channel, and they play tracks that arent the big hits which is awesome.

Archived